mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

This morning results. Well Jordon Taylor broke into the 1:44.950 lap time. Still needs more work but they are tight. Best lap 1:44.142

Hey Mongoose I was wrong Taylor Racing is still Racing the caddy in Dpi. But his sons are racing with Team Penske and Team Corvette. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well Ricky Taylor broke into the 1:44.950 lap time. Still needs more work but they are tight. Best lap 1:44.142

Sounds like there starting to jive and flow better together as time goes on.   :yup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Some break in info on here also Mach...you may have seen this but I'll post it anyway.

Thanks Keith hadn’t seen that video. Was aware of the break in torque reduction for the first 500 miles. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Keith hadn’t seen that video. Was aware of the break in torque reduction for the first 500 miles. 

Hey Keefer, thanks for sharing a very informative video on the C8R and the break-in technics for the first 500 miles.        

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Like Keith said not crazy about the green on black. But it’s got a lot going for it performance wise. Looks like a lot of performance parts Shelby puts on their Shelby GT currently. 

You said the women who won this has 700 miles on this car now and it’s for sale. Do you know how much she is asking ?  Cool pictures there Mongoose and thanks for posting buddy. 

B2BAB616-DD37-4C61-9492-49F8865624FD.jpeg

Hey guys, yes this car is for sale now!    It should be able to be bought for about $ 52K, which to me is a hell of a deal.  It’s very cool but not exactly what I was looking for, it just kind of fell in my lap by accident.   If interested, contact Chuck Doute Sr. at cdoutesr@dorschfordkia.com, he’s a great guy and would be glad to help you out and he’s a Vette owner too!  From what I could tell and see it looks like it would be a hell of a track car and a real attention getter too, and there’s a build video on it and a very cool history too!  The original winner of the Sweepstakes, who was a lady, later sold the car to the Dealership.     Good luck to you guys if any body is interested.    :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, yes this car is for sale now!    It should be able to be bought for about $ 52K, which to me is a hell of a deal.  It’s very cool but not exactly what I was looking for, it just kind of fell in my lap by accident.   If interested, contact Chuck Doute Sr. at cdoutesr@dorschfordkia.com, he’s a great guy and would be glad to help you out and he’s a Vette owner too!  From what I could tell and see it looks like it would be a hell of a track car and a real attention getter too, and there’s a build video on it and a very cool history too!  The original winner of the Sweepstakes, who was a lady, later sold the car to the Dealership.     Good luck to you guys if any body is interested.    :thumbsup:

Pull the trigger Keith ......:peelout:before Mongoose decides it’s his. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

It was on another vid I couldn't seem to post but the new C8 won't need a 500 mile service like the C7...the first service will be at

7000 mile before it's first service.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Nope!!...There's nothing about the 15 and up Mustangs front end looks that I like....The 2020 GT500 is better for sure but still not

my cup of tea...…...:shrug:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey bud, excellent read in the evolution of the ever evolving C8 Corvette and it’s turn on being a great very affordable mid-engine super car!     :worship:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Great info right there as to why the mid engine and the advantages………..:thumbsup:

:victory:Right on guys!

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I could of / I would of / but I didn’t!!!!!     :waiting:       :hysterical2:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

It was on another vid I couldn't seem to post but the new C8 won't need a 500 mile service like the C7...the first service will be at

:cool:

On 12/21/2019 at 12:16 AM, Mongoose said:

Just curious, what gear ratio were you running on your Shelby GT/SC and did you beef up the rear end with any special handling package?   Also, being you’ve been there and  done that do feel the 4.6 is built strong enough to handle all the extra horse that a supercharger will create?   I’ve heard that some don’t think you should supercharge a stock  block without rieinforcing some of the internals in it.  I’d like to hear your view on this subject if you don’t mind me picking your brain on the supercharging subject of a SGT/SC.    Thanks in advance!

Stock Shelby installed rear gear ratio, no mods to suspension as converted at SA except Steeda 19" wheels and max rubber. GT500 Brembos, and FRRP brake cooling kit, stainless brake/clutch lines and ati blue fluid. Front Ferodo DS2500 pads rear Hawk pads.modded hood to have functional scoop.Front brake set up was critical between the cooling set up and the fluid change and lines the braking went form suck to perfect no fades and the pads lasted longtime, in fact I have a spare set for my KR now too ;) Valvoline Max Life (high mileage version "for cars with over 100k miles" I know sounds goofy but the stuff works really well) atf in trans makes them shift like butter. And MGM mufflers I think (MGM?). I posted like a freak back in the day so it is all documented. The car was bitchen, sold with perfectly great stock clutch. And I drove the car very hard. The 4.6 handles the mods no sweat, just never ever let the fuel tank get under 1/4 full otherwise you can run lean and then BOOM. My experience was flawless. The boost was a hoot.  The car was easy to drive to track days and run hard and then drive home. All on street tires. Fun. My 911 in profile picture I can drive way faster but the comparison in fun is the same, maybe more so on the SGT/SC it wass a true hooligan car and fun to hear the SC, people loved that car and I loved passing 911's in it. 

Edited by SGT/SC#0471
clarity
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, Mongoose said:

Love the look of the always cool 55-56-57 Chevys.  SEMA always has some awesome cars there like the Ring Brothers winning Camaro this year.   I’ll bet me and the other guys would love for you to post a few pics of your awesome 56 Show Car, these old Chevys are really cool to customize, also wondering what’s your price point at this time?

59563782012__17A710EE-2055-47AC-BBB6-0DB90CA84A1A.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.a94f5cbb1ccc73bc22f05eb42c0f13e5.jpg59563792167__5CCFE80A-6C58-4BAD-989D-6522ABFFC035.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.7fde28e6334fc0c2928236d6a708700e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Love the look of the always cool 55-56-57 Chevys.  SEMA always has some awesome cars there like the Ring Brothers winning Camaro this year.   I’ll bet me and the other guys would love for you to post a few pics of your awesome 56 Show Car, these old Chevys are really cool to customize, also wondering what’s your price point at this time?

59563784227__9EECE728-69B0-44CB-B9CE-ACDFE112779D.fullsizerender.jpg

59563787472__8912D0A5-B9DA-4D82-A69C-A745D6900268.fullsizerender.jpg

• Thanks 1

59563808440__C1D76D7F-D898-4BE0-A267-B9CC2E2AAE93.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.389e73dcd8070d5167ee3c5bb6fa7cd2.jpg59563809675__29A17472-6ACB-457F-B04A-BB8B83C38C77.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.7ee10c5e6e086f43c26b6909c0b015f5.jpg

As you can see the car is pretty damn mint. Dyno tuned to run on pump gas. Has new mallory distributor, on and on, it is well sorted and sweet. Also car was in Super Chevy Mag back in the day. And part of a very significant 20 car collection in Seattle for decades parked next to an alloyed bodied Gullwing, so it was well loved. It is going back to paint shop in a week or so for some final fitment and polishing now that paint has "cured" and to recenter the gas tank for the exhaust to be returned to going all the way out the back after the mini-tubbing work during paint. It is a high dollar car. The Currie 9" rear and wildwood brakes are also new.

I am truly unsure of what it is worth these days, which Is why I want to get it appraised before I market it. I will say if you are interested you could always make me an offer now though, I may just accept an offer and save myself some time marketing the car or sending to auction. I know that before paint and the mini tub, new rear end and rear discs the car was appraised at 55k before the 35k repaint and 5k in rear end and mini tub work. At that time it had a serviceable but almost 30 year old lacquer job on it. Car was driven 900 miles between 1990 and 2016. That is the milage on the engine and the total build is less than 2,000 miles I think from 1989. I have not added much more than that as it was in paint shop for almost 2 years and I have several collector cars that I rotate driving/tracking. Note this car has a heater but no wipers, so I do not and will not drive it in the rain, another reason I am selling it, I am not a show car guy at all and it kills me letting it sit in the winter, and summers I go boating for months at a time on my yacht, hence the KR makes more sense for me as that is more of a "driver" for me. i squired it as I had wanted the car for about 20 years and the previous owner died, I bought it off his kids a few years after he passed. This car is bad ass however, and I have had my fun with it, and I have a cap of 4 collector cars at a time for my own sanity, lol. 

Message me here if you are interested as I am truly interested in selling it. But like I said it has one more trip to shop to have minor adjustments. I am that picky.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

59563808440__C1D76D7F-D898-4BE0-A267-B9CC2E2AAE93.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.389e73dcd8070d5167ee3c5bb6fa7cd2.jpg59563809675__29A17472-6ACB-457F-B04A-BB8B83C38C77.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.7ee10c5e6e086f43c26b6909c0b015f5.jpg

As you can see the car is pretty damn mint. Dyno tuned to run on pump gas. Has new mallory distributor, on and on, it is well sorted and sweet. Also car was in Super Chevy Mag back in the day. And part of a very significant 20 car collection in Seattle for decades parked next to an alloyed bodied Gullwing, so it was well loved. It is going back to paint shop in a week or so for some final fitment and polishing now that paint has "cured" and to recenter the gas tank for the exhaust to be returned to going all the way out the back after the mini-tubbing work during paint. It is a high dollar car. The Currie 9" rear and wildwood brakes are also new.

I am truly unsure of what it is worth these days, which Is why I want to get it appraised before I market it. I will say if you are interested you could always make me an offer now though, I may just accept an offer and save myself some time marketing the car or sending to auction. I know that before paint and the mini tub, new rear end and rear discs the car was appraised at 55k before the 35k repaint and 5k in rear end and mini tub work. At that time it had a serviceable but almost 30 year old lacquer job on it. Car was driven 900 miles between 1990 and 2016. That is the milage on the engine and the total build is less than 2,000 miles I think from 1989. I have not added much more than that as it was in paint shop for almost 2 years and I have several collector cars that I rotate driving/tracking. Note this car has a heater but no wipers, so I do not and will not drive it in the rain, another reason I am selling it, I am not a show car guy at all and it kills me letting it sit in the winter, and summers I go boating for months at a time on my yacht, hence the KR makes more sense for me as that is more of a "driver" for me. I aquired it as I had wanted the car for about 20 years and the previous owner died, I bought it off his kids a few years after he passed. This car is bad ass however, and I have had my fun with it, and I have a cap of 4 collector cars at a time for my own sanity, lol. 

Message me here if you are interested as I am truly interested in selling it. But like I said it has one more trip to shop to have minor adjustments. I am that picky.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

I am truly unsure of what it is worth these days, which Is why I want to get it appraised before I market it. I will say if you are interested you could always make me an offer now though, I may just accept an offer and save myself some time marketing the car or sending to auction. I know that before paint and the mini tub, new rear end and rear discs the car was appraised at 55k before the 35k repaint and 5k in rear end and mini tub work. At that time it had a serviceable but almost 30 year old lacquer job on it. Car was driven 900 miles between 1990 and 2016. That is the milage on the engine and the total build is less than 2,000 miles I think from 1989. I have not added much more than that as it was in paint shop for almost 2 years and I have several collector cars that I rotate driving/tracking. Note this car has a heater but no wipers, so I do not and will not drive it in the rain, another reason I am selling it, I am not a show car guy at all and it kills me letting it sit in the winter, and summers I go boating for months at a time on my yacht, hence the KR makes more sense for me as that is more of a "driver" for me. I aquired it as I had wanted the car for about 20 years and the previous owner died, I bought it off his kids a few years after he passed. This car is bad ass however, and I have had my fun with it, and I have a cap of 4 collector cars at a time for my own sanity, lol. 

Also these wheels and tires were for shakedown miles after paint and rear chassis work. Unsure what i will put on for sale, if it goes to Mecum I will probably put on some "modern" wheels and appropriate rubber like 18" or 19" or maybe 20". I dunno, if I were keeping it I would probably want to keep the rear at 15" and find an appropriate front wheel to match rear. Unsure what i will do when car is back from paint shop. 

Edited by SGT/SC#0471
  • Thanks 1

My M491 car with different wheels on it and the 56 in the background. This and the KR I will never sell. 

1523435460_ScreenShot2019-08-12at10_29_40PM.png.961f149e1643e5cdd1a290a7114789ae.pngRedM491.jpg.1736b13e3a7e6f18c3a5285c28f08cda.jpg

• Like 1

1 .Ford GT .....Ford Performance global motorsports director Mark Rushbrook said the prospects of having the Ford GTs race again are “less likely at this point” with no “complete transaction” having been made to customers beyond the previously sold car to Keating.

***Rushbrook said: “That’s not our wishes; we wanted to see them stay on track. We’ll keep looking to see what we could do. The intention is that the other ones will be sold throughout the year.”

2 .C8R....just as soon as the cars broke into the 1:44 lap time Porsche turned a 1:43 lap. The 7400 rpm limit that BOP put on the FPC  5.5 engine is a bit much. We all know there is probably another 1500 rpm left on the table. Let’s see what Sunday brings fellas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

With the new electronics it’s not necessary to bring the car into the service bay. Over the air adjustments can be made similar to XM radio service enhancements. But I will change the oil to get rid of small contamination in the oil at 500/750 miles. DCT trans got to study this further as far as an oil change goes. 

• Like 3

C8 R ..short video of testing on the track. The first lap is a warm up lap why include that in a short video makes no sense . Some of these bloggers don’t know squat about racing. You can sure hear the difference from last years CPC engine. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7a1yjC1BU

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

C8 R ..short video of testing on the track. The first lap is a warm up lap why include that in a short video makes no sense . Some of these bloggers don’t know squat about racing. You can sure hear the difference from last years CPC engine. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7a1yjC1BU

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well last night the C8 R picked up a second a lap but so did the competition. So they are off like a half a second from the best lap. I wish bop would take off the 7400 rpm restraints on the FPC engine. We shall see if this happens. Those DPi  caddies are still running those push rod high rev V/8 engines and they sound good. On the high banks at night it was magic in the air. Heck it’s been 60 plus years of hearing that sound on the track. It’s a hard habit to break hearing those DPi cars. I’ll get used to the sound of the C8 R in time . Can’t wait until they lift the rpm limits .

Actually the old C7 R never had the high rpms that the caddies V/8’s share. So the C7 engine didn’t sound as good. It kind of sounded like they were short shifting all the time. I won’t miss that sound at the track anymore. 

Don’t get me started on the sound of the V/6 Ford GT. That’s one sound I won’t miss. It was just horrible to hear at Daytona. ...trust me. Ok they aren’t here and  so be it. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting and Looks amazing especially with that high dollar paint work. Triple black naturally..:drool:

Yes most of us are fans of all things on wheels that are fast and can handle the power. Post up some KR pictures we all would appreciate it . If you have any hot rod Lincoln’s pictures ....Mongoose would surely be a happy fellow ...........:hysterical:

9E6E094A-2F51-4215-8298-E18090FFD7DB.jpeg

5BC3AA33-0772-4A99-A7E7-C363EE2721CD.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:23 PM, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, your welcome!   You know you’ll be a lot more satisfied this way and your still way ahead of the game!    :thumbsup:

2LT is the sweet spot on Vette interiors. 1LT hurts resale and 3LT is way nice to have but is hard to tell from the 2LT unless you know and is not returned on resale. I have had both, I liked the 3LT as that car had already been ordered by dealer that way when i bought the car while still being shipped. The 2LT is what most knowledgeable Vette folks order, which I did when building my own car along with museum delivery.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting and Looks amazing especially with that high dollar paint work. Triple black naturally..:drool:

Yes most of us are fans of all things on wheels that are fast and can handle the power. Post up some KR pictures we all would appreciate it . If you have any hot rod Lincoln’s pictures ....Mongoose would surely be a happy fellow ...........:hysterical:

9E6E094A-2F51-4215-8298-E18090FFD7DB.jpeg

LOL, me too, I am not a brand specific guy either but I will say I like my Porsches a lot. I will post some KR pics after I get the new tires and wheels on it, right now it looks like a really nice low mile 2009 Black KR as delivered from SA. Even down to the wing foot tires. I am still excited about the new Vette, I am hoping one can see the street lights from the drivers seat, hunching over to look out of the windshield I found a bit of a C7 annoyance. If the new car has a good greenhouse feel like my Porsches, I may be tempted to get a Zo6 or a GS when they come out. Mopar guys are a bit odd like British bike guys I will add. LOL. 

So no hot rod Lincolns but my Pops once had a 66 Caddy Coupe with a hopped up engine built by a guy associated with funny car racing who also was called "The Snake" ;).That was one bad ass Caddy, it looked stock had a slight rumble to the well muffled idle and would smoke the tires from here to New York just off throttle. Car is long gone, but never forgotten.

• Haha 1

Well last night the C8 R picked up a second a lap but so did the competition. So they are off like a half a second from the best lap. I wish bop would take off the 7400 rpm restraints on the FPC engine. We shall see if this happens. Those DPi  caddies are still running those push rod high rev V/8 engines and they sound good. On the high banks at night it was magic in the air. Heck it’s been 60 plus years of hearing that sound on the track. It’s a hard habit to break hearing those DPi cars. I’ll get used to the sound of the C8 R in time . Can’t wait until they lift the rpm limits .

Actually the old C7 R never had the high rpms that the caddies V/8’s share. So the C7 engine didn’t sound as good. It kind of sounded like they were short shifting all the time. I won’t miss that sound at the track anymore. 

Don’t get me started on the sound of the V/6 Ford GT. That’s one sound I won’t miss. It was just horrible to hear at Daytona. ...trust me. Ok they aren’t here and  so be it. 

What's the reason for the 7400rpm limit for the C8R ?....don't seem fair to me......:shrug:

• Confused 1