mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

7 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

LOL, me too, I am not a brand specific guy either but I will say I like my Porsches a lot. I will post some KR pics after I get the new tires and wheels on it, right now it looks like a really nice low mile 2009 Black KR as delivered from SA. Even down to the wing foot tires. I am still excited about the new Vette, I am hoping one can see the street lights from the drivers seat, hunching over to look out of the windshield I found a bit of a C7 annoyance. If the new car has a good greenhouse feel like my Porsches, I may be tempted to get a Zo6 or a GS when they come out. Mopar guys are a bit odd like British bike guys I will add. LOL. 

So no hot rod Lincolns but my Pops once had a 66 Caddy Coupe with a hopped up engine built by a guy associated with funny car racing who also was called "The Snake" ;).That was one bad ass Caddy, it looked stock had a slight rumble to the well muffled idle and would smoke the tires from here to New York just off throttle. Car is long gone, but never forgotten.

Beautiful 56 Chev right there...……..:rockon:

• Like 1

Ok today’s qualifying results are all within a blink of an eye. The C8 R broke into the 1:42.793. Top spot goes to Ferrari at 1:42.685. 

Friday they couldn’t get into the 1:44 lap time. They were in last place in lap times. Nice job team Corvette...:happyfeet:

See below for all cars. 

45F5C55E-02C8-4597-A529-561832ADB940.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If interested. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Pit action and some fine adjustments. 

11 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Stock Shelby installed rear gear ratio, no mods to suspension as converted at SA except Steeda 19" wheels and max rubber. GT500 Brembos, and FRRP brake cooling kit, stainless brake/clutch lines and ati blue fluid. Front Ferodo DS2500 pads rear Hawk pads.modded hood to have functional scoop.Front brake set up was critical between the cooling set up and the fluid change and lines the braking went form suck to perfect no fades and the pads lasted longtime, in fact I have a spare set for my KR now too ;) Valvoline Max Life (high mileage version "for cars with over 100k miles" I know sounds goofy but the stuff works really well) atf in trans makes them shift like butter. And MGM mufflers I think (MGM?). I posted like a freak back in the day so it is all documented. The car was bitchen, sold with perfectly great stock clutch. And I drove the car very hard. The 4.6 handles the mods no sweat, just never ever let the fuel tank get under 1/4 full otherwise you can run lean and then BOOM. My experience was flawless. The boost was a hoot.  The car was easy to drive to track days and run hard and then drive home. All on street tires. Fun. My 911 in profile picture I can drive way faster but the comparison in fun is the same, maybe more so on the SGT/SC it wass a true hooligan car and fun to hear the SC, people loved that car and I loved passing 911's in it. 

Hey bud, thanks for the reply!   It sounds like you did all the right mods to make the car stout and fast and still be able to stop fast when needed.  I do remember seeing on some other posts that the brakes, the lines, pads, and the fluid will need to be definitely upgraded if your going to do any tracking or racing.  And yes, extra cooling for the brakes sure would help keep the rotors cooler.  I found it kind of cool that you were using Max Life (high mileage version) Valvoline oil for your car, I use full synthetic high mileage Max  Valvoline in my Expedition that has about 142K on it and I like it.  Right now, I’m using Amsoil in my 08SGT and also in my Harley 100th Anniversary Fat Boy, and I noticed my Harley is running at least 10 degrees cooler now, so I’m satisfied.  I’m also using Amsoil Severe gear in the tranny and that’s great too, just saying!   I’m glad to hear that your stock clutch was strong enough to hold up, considering you said you weren’t easy on it.    Also, nice to hear that your 4.6 held up under some spirited driving, now that it was supercharged too!  I’m sure, like you said, it was a real (Hoot) to here that supercharger whine as you were passing 911’s and saw that driver’s surprised look on his face! LOL   Your cool post just goes to show that you don’t necessarily need to speed a lot of money to have fun, go fast, and end up with a “Big Smile” on your face!   Really liked your last comment: it was a true hooligan car and fun to hear the SC, and I loved passing 911’s in it.     Thanks!     :peelout:

11 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

59563782012__17A710EE-2055-47AC-BBB6-0DB90CA84A1A.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.a94f5cbb1ccc73bc22f05eb42c0f13e5.jpg59563792167__5CCFE80A-6C58-4BAD-989D-6522ABFFC035.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.7fde28e6334fc0c2928236d6a708700e.jpg

Now that’s one “Bitching” 56 Chevy!!!!!   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

59563808440__C1D76D7F-D898-4BE0-A267-B9CC2E2AAE93.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.389e73dcd8070d5167ee3c5bb6fa7cd2.jpg59563809675__29A17472-6ACB-457F-B04A-BB8B83C38C77.fullsizerender.thumb.jpg.7ee10c5e6e086f43c26b6909c0b015f5.jpg

As you can see the car is pretty damn mint. Dyno tuned to run on pump gas. Has new mallory distributor, on and on, it is well sorted and sweet. Also car was in Super Chevy Mag back in the day. And part of a very significant 20 car collection in Seattle for decades parked next to an alloyed bodied Gullwing, so it was well loved. It is going back to paint shop in a week or so for some final fitment and polishing now that paint has "cured" and to recenter the gas tank for the exhaust to be returned to going all the way out the back after the mini-tubbing work during paint. It is a high dollar car. The Currie 9" rear and wildwood brakes are also new.

I am truly unsure of what it is worth these days, which Is why I want to get it appraised before I market it. I will say if you are interested you could always make me an offer now though, I may just accept an offer and save myself some time marketing the car or sending to auction. I know that before paint and the mini tub, new rear end and rear discs the car was appraised at 55k before the 35k repaint and 5k in rear end and mini tub work. At that time it had a serviceable but almost 30 year old lacquer job on it. Car was driven 900 miles between 1990 and 2016. That is the milage on the engine and the total build is less than 2,000 miles I think from 1989. I have not added much more than that as it was in paint shop for almost 2 years and I have several collector cars that I rotate driving/tracking. Note this car has a heater but no wipers, so I do not and will not drive it in the rain, another reason I am selling it, I am not a show car guy at all and it kills me letting it sit in the winter, and summers I go boating for months at a time on my yacht, hence the KR makes more sense for me as that is more of a "driver" for me. i squired it as I had wanted the car for about 20 years and the previous owner died, I bought it off his kids a few years after he passed. This car is bad ass however, and I have had my fun with it, and I have a cap of 4 collector cars at a time for my own sanity, lol. 

Message me here if you are interested as I am truly interested in selling it. But like I said it has one more trip to shop to have minor adjustments. I am that picky.

Hey guy, that sure is one “Bad Ass” car for sure!   Your 56 is way-way nicer than I expected, which means it’s really getting to nice to drive on the local streets or show at local average car shows.   Plus, it would be a real shame to have to store it every winter, because to be totally honest sitting really isn’t any good for the cars.  Also, currently I own 4 collector vehicles, and as you said, that can mean more hassle with them than you currently want, as we get older and wiser, I hope! LOL.   Your car is a very high dollar car that probably would do very good at like a Barrett Jackson  Auction or one of the other big car auctions that are held.   I do appreciate all the awesome pics, and info, but your car deserves to be shown professionally and admired, and yes, I do think it’s that nice!     J.M.O.       

• Like 1

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

What's the reason for the 7400rpm limit for the C8R ?....don't seem fair to me......:shrug:

Not sure since the rev limit was 6800rmp  on the C7 R  pushrod engine. Porsche limit is 9400 rpm. Something is rotten in Denmark.....there isn’t any corvettes there either. ...:hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also these wheels and tires were for shakedown miles after paint and rear chassis work. Unsure what i will put on for sale, if it goes to Mecum I will probably put on some "modern" wheels and appropriate rubber like 18" or 19" or maybe 20". I dunno, if I were keeping it I would probably want to keep the rear at 15" and find an appropriate front wheel to match rear. Unsure what i will do when car is back from paint shop. 

Hey guy, this is just my opinion, but if it was mine, it's simply really what will make you happier, selling it and having the money, or keeping and enjoying it and taking it out for a occasional spirited drive and hopefully a huge “Smile” at the end!     :yahoo:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Not sure since the rev limit was 6800rmp  on the C7 R  pushrod engine. Porsche limit is 9400 rpm. Something is rotten in Denmark.....there isn’t any corvettes there either. ...:hysterical2:

:whistling:

My M491 car with different wheels on it and the 56 in the background. This and the KR I will never sell. 

1523435460_ScreenShot2019-08-12at10_29_40PM.png.961f149e1643e5cdd1a290a7114789ae.pngRedM491.jpg.1736b13e3a7e6f18c3a5285c28f08cda.jpg

Very cool indeed!    I love the color RED, especially on sports cars.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

1 .Ford GT .....Ford Performance global motorsports director Mark Rushbrook said the prospects of having the Ford GTs race again are “less likely at this point” with no “complete transaction” having been made to customers beyond the previously sold car to Keating.

***Rushbrook said: “That’s not our wishes; we wanted to see them stay on track. We’ll keep looking to see what we could do. The intention is that the other ones will be sold throughout the year.”

2 .C8R....just as soon as the cars broke into the 1:44 lap time Porsche turned a 1:43 lap. The 7400 rpm limit that BOP put on the FPC  5.5 engine is a bit much. We all know there is probably another 1500 rpm left on the table. Let’s see what Sunday brings fellas. 

Thanks bud!  Keep the info coming and we will keep reading!    :peelout:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

C8 R ..short video of testing on the track. The first lap is a warm up lap why include that in a short video makes no sense . Some of these bloggers don’t know squat about racing. You can sure hear the difference from last years CPC engine. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7a1yjC1BU

Hey bud, love your comments, especially on that they don’t know squat!     :hysterical2:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well last night the C8 R picked up a second a lap but so did the competition. So they are off like a half a second from the best lap. I wish bop would take off the 7400 rpm restraints on the FPC engine. We shall see if this happens. Those DPi  caddies are still running those push rod high rev V/8 engines and they sound good. On the high banks at night it was magic in the air. Heck it’s been 60 plus years of hearing that sound on the track. It’s a hard habit to break hearing those DPi cars. I’ll get used to the sound of the C8 R in time . Can’t wait until they lift the rpm limits .

Actually the old C7 R never had the high rpms that the caddies V/8’s share. So the C7 engine didn’t sound as good. It kind of sounded like they were short shifting all the time. I won’t miss that sound at the track anymore. 

Don’t get me started on the sound of the V/6 Ford GT. That’s one sound I won’t miss. It was just horrible to hear at Daytona. ...trust me. Ok they aren’t here and  so be it. 

:thumbsup:+1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks for posting and Looks amazing especially with that high dollar paint work. Triple black naturally..:drool:

Yes most of us are fans of all things on wheels that are fast and can handle the power. Post up some KR pictures we all would appreciate it . If you have any hot rod Lincoln’s pictures ....Mongoose would surely be a happy fellow ...........:hysterical:

9E6E094A-2F51-4215-8298-E18090FFD7DB.jpeg

5BC3AA33-0772-4A99-A7E7-C363EE2721CD.jpeg

Don’t worry about pics of hot rod Lincolns, it’s just there way of teasing me!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

What's the reason for the 7400rpm limit for the C8R ?....don't seem fair to me......:shrug:

:shrug:+1

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok today’s qualifying results are all within a blink of an eye. The C8 R broke into the 1:42.793. Top spot goes to Ferrari at 1:42.685. 

Friday they couldn’t get into the 1:44 lap time. They were in last place in lap times. Nice job team Corvette...:happyfeet:

See below for all cars. 

45F5C55E-02C8-4597-A529-561832ADB940.jpeg

Looks like the Ferrari had a bad last lap, or they opted to save the machinery.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Looks like the Ferrari had a bad last lap, or they opted to save the machinery.

You would think by now they have their lap time pretty much locked in, so maybe your right on saving the machinery.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Very cool indeed!    I love the color RED, especially on sports cars.

Thanks for the compliment.

This is a "Paint to Sample" color, basically a high cost option where the car was hand painted in your requested color by the factory to your "sample" i.e. your wife's favorite lipstick, a discontinued color, or a favorite guitar color from fender even. The option is still available fromPorsche and I just asked a salesman about it last week he said it is 11-14k now for the option depending on the finish. My COA from Porsche lists the color of my car as : Paint to Sample Metallic "Can-Can Red". It is a really bizarre color in person, you cannot see any metallic in it at all, but the color appears to shift in different light and angles, really beautiful and darker than Guards Red.

This car is also a "turbo look" M491 optioned car, and a  low production car for 1984 as well, one of 421 that year and 1180 cars total from 1984-1989. The option had the turbo chassis and body including brakes and pother suspension bits but with a N/A 3.2 engine. Easier to maintain and own without the turbo issues. It is a really fun car with the 3.2 N/A putting out as much HP as the earlier turbo models. This one has had a bit of work done to motor and suspension and is lowered and other subtle mods. My favorite is the stainless header and exhaust cut outs for open pipes, the switch is disguised in the A/C fan switch. The A/C has been removed for weight savings. The car is spotless everywhere with factory cosmoline on the engine cases and the trans, and original paint. It was owned by a gentleman who owned a classic Porsche dealership Route 66 Classics in Oregon as his personal 911. He passed and now I am the steward of the car, he modded it and really it is mostly bolt on mods but very wise ones as only an old air-cooled Porschiphille would do. As you can tell I really, really love this car as much as any I have ever owned or seen, it has a vibe and is nice but not too nice to drive. BTW it has 90,000 miles on it. It is like a swiss watch, everything works precisely and the doors close perfectly with a solid click. 3.2 Carreras are handmade works of art.

Interestingly, it was missing the rear decklid when I bought it, lost in the shuffle of a man's 40 year Porsche obsession and associated parties purchasing cars and parts and like a freaking needle in a haystack I found it. Seriously bizarre, considering the rarity of the car.

Randomly looking at eBay after catching a buzz, something I rarely do (eBay that is) I saw a M491 specific decklid in Portland for auction. Correct date code and the hue looked just about right for my car's 1 off color. Out of 1180 total cars the specific lid had to be for this specific car. Same area. Turns out it was and I got some other parts for the car as well off of the seller, a guy who owned a VW repair shop there. Nuts.Best part was I was the only bidder and got it for 1/3 of what they usually sell for, just real luck. So I also now have the original whale tail. They are M491 only part so that was rad. maybe some JuJu from beyond I have no idea.

The car is so freaking tight and right it is amazing, drives like a new car. And sounds insane under load. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

You would think by now they have their lap time pretty much locked in, so maybe your right on saving the machinery.    

Well yah I mean $15,000 distributor caps and all...LOL!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guy, this is just my opinion, but if it was mine, it's simply really what will make you happier, selling it and having the money, or keeping and enjoying it and taking it out for a occasional spirited drive and hopefully a huge “Smile” at the end!     :yahoo:

See that is the problem with cars like this for me, too nice. I have done this twice now, there will not be a 3rd time, unless the cars emblem starts with an F and ends with an i and that is sacrilege for a Shelby guy!

I am a driver and use my cars and keep them as nice as possible. This car is beyond that and thus me. Someone else will enjoy it more than me and that is okay. Notice the cad plated inner fender wells, those were also all newly replated and that was not cheap, you will not see another one like this I promise. Original builder spent 15 years on the car and it shows. The frame is channelled 2 inches for the engine and SC to fit under the hood. 

I had intended to drive it and enjoy when I bought it and well some minor paintwork on a front fender resulted in a lot of other stuff and a full windows out bare metal respray.

I have decided that with my height and lower back and anxiety issues a KR is just easier on me to own. And really just as fun. I mean where in the hell does one park this thing? And one rock chip and it is like a small death mentally. In hindsight I should have repainted the fender only and left the rest lightly tattered. Then I could drive it without worry.

Now it is a show car once again. LOL. and DOH!!! 

Edited by SGT/SC#0471
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, thanks for the reply!   It sounds like you did all the right mods to make the car stout and fast and still be able to stop fast when needed.  I do remember seeing on some other posts that the brakes, the lines, pads, and the fluid will need to be definitely upgraded if your going to do any tracking or racing.  And yes, extra cooling for the brakes sure would help keep the rotors cooler.  I found it kind of cool that you were using Max Life (high mileage version) Valvoline oil for your car, I use full synthetic high mileage Max  Valvoline in my Expedition that has about 142K on it and I like it.  Right now, I’m using Amsoil in my 08SGT and also in my Harley 100th Anniversary Fat Boy, and I noticed my Harley is running at least 10 degrees cooler now, so I’m satisfied.  I’m also using Amsoil Severe gear in the tranny and that’s great too, just saying!   I’m glad to hear that your stock clutch was strong enough to hold up, considering you said you weren’t easy on it.    Also, nice to hear that your 4.6 held up under some spirited driving, now that it was supercharged too!  I’m sure, like you said, it was a real (Hoot) to here that supercharger whine as you were passing 911’s and saw that driver’s surprised look on his face! LOL   Your cool post just goes to show that you don’t necessarily need to speed a lot of money to have fun, go fast, and end up with a “Big Smile” on your face!   Really liked your last comment: it was a true hooligan car and fun to hear the SC, and I loved passing 911’s in it.     Thanks!     :peelout:

You are welcome.

Funny I have a Fatboy 103 as well. And a Shovelhead chop.

About the Valvoline, someone posted the info on the forum in 2008 or so to make the trans shift smoother and I will be dammned it really helped. I think I may have put a MGW shifter on this car as well, if I remember right. The car was really nice. The biggest thing you will need after your SC upgrade is rubber, the stock SGT rubber is really not up to the task. And the brakes of the SGT at the SC power level are downright spooky, even with the Brembos, the car is way fast. 

Also to clarify I am easy on clutches but not driving, I was taught by a roadrace instructor many years ago that when you release the clutch you should be giving zero throttle. And to practice releasing clutch at idle over and over to get the engagement down. Then nail it! LOL. 

The look on the faces were usually in the paddock where the question always was "what the hell is under the hood a supercharger?" I always wanted to say DUH!!!! 

But I am polite LOL!

• Haha 1

Hey bud, your more than welcome!  You can tell by your posts that your a real certified car guy and really love and enjoy your cars and that’s always cool in my book.  I myself grew up as a young teen really loving the awesome design of the 63 thru 67 StingRays, especially the 63 Split window StingRay.   To me that style was way ahead of it’s time, and it was and still is a real “Head Turner”, for sure!   I’ve always loved and appreciated the Porsches too, but really like the style of the 911s with the Whale tail and wide body fenders, and of course if their Red that’s a big plus too.   Years back I almost bought a 66 Red Jaguar XKE, but it needed a clutch really bad, and I heard it was a very big and costly job to put one in, so I passed on it.  I really  like alot of the exotics but they can be very costly for parts and labor, so I usually stick to the American cars like Vettes, Mustangs, Shelbys, and also Camaro Z-28.  I love a cool sounding  deep throaty exhaust and I’ll bet your 911 sounds cool!  I will say sometimes when I’m taking my 08 SGT out of the garage, I’ll have my wife back it out so I’ll be able to here it start up and here that awesome rumble it emits, very nice indeed!    There are three things a cool car must have when you see it and here it: 1) Cool paint and shine, 2) Nice wheels, 3) very cool exhaust tunes really help in first impressions too!   J.M.O.   It sounds like your Porsche is a real beauty and a definite keeper and head turner!      

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Well yah I mean $15,000 distributor caps and all...LOL!!

Ouch!:doh:

23 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, your more than welcome!  You can tell by your posts that your a real certified car guy and really love and enjoy your cars and that’s always cool in my book.  I myself grew up as a young teen really loving the awesome design of the 63 thru 67 StingRays, especially the 63 Split window StingRay.   To me that style was way ahead of it’s time, and it was and still is a real “Head Turner”, for sure!   I’ve always loved and appreciated the Porsches too, but really like the style of the 911s with the Whale tail and wide body fenders, and of course if their Red that’s a big plus too.   Years back I almost bought a 66 Red Jaguar XKE, but it needed a clutch really bad, and I heard it was a very big and costly job to put one in, so I passed on it.  I really  like alot of the exotics but they can be very costly for parts and labor, so I usually stick to the American cars like Vettes, Mustangs, Shelbys, and also Camaro Z-28.  I love a cool sounding  deep throaty exhaust and I’ll bet your 911 sounds cool!  I will say sometimes when I’m taking my 08 SGT out of the garage, I’ll have my wife back it out so I’ll be able to here it start up and here that awesome rumble it emits, very nice indeed!    There are three things a cool car must have when you see it and here it: 1) Cool paint and shine, 2) Nice wheels, 3) very cool exhaust tunes really help in first impressions too!   J.M.O.   It sounds like your Porsche is a real beauty and a definite keeper and head turner!      

Right On! 

I also love the Stingrays, in fact a friend and I who is a Ferrari and exotic wrench of the Pebble Beach set did a 5speed back to a 4speed conversion on a 63 Split window for a local rock star friend of ours in my shop. Afterwards, I drove the car a bit and that was it. True love. I wound up getting into the C7's and like you I would love to own a C2 vette. Black with red interior would be mine on that car.

I am finding as I get older however that modern cars are just so great, it is not the 80's anymore lol. We are truly lucky these days. 

As an aside it was dry roads today so I got on the KR a bit, okay a lot. What a hell of a car even on old crappy tires and being cautious! 

And I agree with your must have list for cool cars!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

You are welcome.

Funny I have a Fatboy 103 as well. And a Shovelhead chop.

About the Valvoline, someone posted the info on the forum in 2008 or so to make the trans shift smoother and I will be dammned it really helped. I think I may have put a MGW shifter on this car as well, if I remember right. The car was really nice. The biggest thing you will need after your SC upgrade is rubber, the stock SGT rubber is really not up to the task. And the brakes of the SGT at the SC power level are downright spooky, even with the Brembos, the car is way fast. 

Also to clarify I am easy on clutches but not driving, I was taught by a roadrace instructor many years ago that when you release the clutch you should be giving zero throttle. And to practice releasing clutch at idle over and over to get the engagement down. Then nail it! LOL. 

The look on the faces were usually in the paddock where the question always was "what the hell is under the hood a supercharger?" I always wanted to say DUH!!!! 

But I am polite LOL!

Thanks!  It’s actually kind of funny how I ended up with my Fatboy because I was telling my wife that I think I would like to own a Harley someday. Well she came back with I don’t think your reflexes are as good as they used to be so I don’t think you should get one.  Then a while later she surprises me for my 55th birthday with a 2003 100th Anniversary Fat Boy, Shiny Black and all chromed out with Vance & Hines custom Big Shot Exhaust and solid billet wheels too!  She researched carburated verses Fuel injection, and she chose fuel-injection because their more efficient and not cold blooded like the carbed ones.  Then she searched for one, but couldn’t find one locally, so she had one delivered out of Texas and hid it in our back yard in the spruce trees.   She did all this by herself without me having any idea of what she was up too, now how cool is that??    I’m one lucky guy to have a awesome wife like that, and she knew exactly what kind and model and color that I liked.

From what you said and what I’ve read in the past on brakes, it’s sounds like better brakes are a pretty good thing to do.   Also, it sounds like your past road race instructor taught you right on releasing the clutch at the right time too!

2 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

See that is the problem with cars like this for me, too nice. I have done this twice now, there will not be a 3rd time, unless the cars emblem starts with an F and ends with an i and that is sacrilege for a Shelby guy!

I am a driver and use my cars and keep them as nice as possible. This car is beyond that and thus me. Someone else will enjoy it more than me and that is okay. Notice the cad plated inner fender wells, those were also all newly replated and that was not cheap, you will not see another one like this I promise. Original builder spent 15 years on the car and it shows. The frame is channelled 2 inches for the engine and SC to fit under the hood. 

I had intended to drive it and enjoy when I bought it and well some minor paintwork on a front fender resulted in a lot of other stuff and a full windows out bare metal respray.

I have decided that with my height and lower back and anxiety issues a KR is just easier on me to own. And really just as fun. I mean where in the hell does one park this thing? And one rock chip and it is like a small death mentally. In hindsight I should have repainted the fender only and left the rest lightly tattered. Then I could drive it without worry.

Now it is a show car once again. LOL. and DOH!!! 

Usually what happens when a nice car goes in for some minor work, gradually the job becomes more and more detailed which results in more and more expense. Then sometimes it even becomes a full blown custom restoration which we all know can be a big money pit that’s hard to climb out of.  That’s why you usually here it’s best to buy a car already done because then you don’t take the big hit, the original owner usually has to take that hit!   Your 56 definitely sounds like one hell of a car, and it will attract alot of attention, and sometimes not for the best  reasons, and like you said, where do you park it??  Do you let it sit in your garage, or do you enter it in a traveling custom car show like World of Wheels, or do you put it in a museum, or  start your own museum.   Wait, just a minute, I’ve got a great idea, maybe!   Sell it to Jay Leno, he buys really cool cars all the time.  Yes, you are probably right, it’s a show car once again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Right On! 

I also love the Stingrays, in fact a friend and I who is a Ferrari and exotic wrench of the Pebble Beach set did a 5speed back to a 4speed conversion on a 63 Split window for a local rock star friend of ours in my shop. Afterwards, I drove the car a bit and that was it. True love. I wound up getting into the C7's and like you I would love to own a C2 vette. Black with red interior would be mine on that car.

I am finding as I get older however that modern cars are just so great, it is not the 80's anymore lol. We are truly lucky these days. 

As an aside it was dry roads today so I got on the KR a bit, okay a lot. What a hell of a car even on old crappy tires and being cautious! 

And I agree with your must have list for cool cars!

I will say I’ve had a number of performance cars in my background and the ones that really stand out for me were the early Vettes like my old 64  Corvette StingRay Coupe that I bought when I was just 19.  It was running a very high-reving small block with a 3/4 race cam, 180 degree factory aluminum hi-rise, solid-lifters, big Holley,heavy duty racing clutch, 4spd. Hurst close ratio, and it had racing springs out back.  It also had brand new jet black paint and the exhaust was plumbed with Cherry Bomb mufflers.  At just 19 I was in 7th Heaven and raised a lot of hell drag racing the local streets back in the day.   That Vette with that small block in it blew off a lot of big blocks among other engines too!   As far as a favorite and very potent big  block goes it has to be my old 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra-Jet Ram air.  That car was a hell of a “Torque Monster”, awesome power for sure!   These days when I take my SGT out for a vigorous spin it never fails to put a big smile on my face, and that to me that is what it’s all about!   It’s really not all about the speed, but it is all about the fun factor the car delivers, just saying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Great Story! Your wife is awesome! Sounds like we have the same taste in bikes: 

IMG_3141.thumb.jpeg.ca20dcf835225726c955352a3475b48c.jpeg

Hey bud, thanks for the pic!  Your bike looks pretty cool and almost a twin of mine, but I don’t have the triple light setup.  I’m still running the big round stock light on mine, and it looks like I see a 07 White / silver striped  SGT sitting in the driveway, cool car for sure!     Well guy, it’s getting pretty late and I still have a couple of things to get done, so we’ll probably talk to you later!