mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

The C8R had a good outing at Daytona and is looking good. I always wondered how the team felt Racing a 6 year old car and knew a mid engine car was coming. Well Tommy Milner sums it up below . 

Actually us race fan were getting a little bored with the car also. It won most races but mostly in the pits and crew strategy and not on speed. It was time for a big change. 

“Some boredom gets built in because you end up at a setup that you don’t really stray from too much. With the new car, there’s a whole world of options that we can try to make it better.

“It’s fun for the engineers and it’s fun for us to work with them, going through that process of trying new things and seeing what works and doesn’t work.”

Milner also praised the behind-the-wheel experience of the Corvette.

“Driveability wise, it’s been a lot of fun so far,” he added.

“[There was] not a huge transition from front-engine rear-drive to mid-engine rear-drive, but certainly it’s a whole new experience.

“It’s been fun learning about that and finding ways to make this one better than the previous generation.”

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok today’s qualifying results are all within a blink of an eye. The C8 R broke into the 1:42.793. Top spot goes to Ferrari at 1:42.685. 

Friday they couldn’t get into the 1:44 lap time. They were in last place in lap times. Nice job team Corvette...:happyfeet:

See below for all cars. 

45F5C55E-02C8-4597-A529-561832ADB940.jpeg

Why no Chevy Emblem or Corvette Emblem in the MFG Box?  all the others get to show Emblems...….

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, thanks for the pic!  Your bike looks pretty cool and almost a twin of mine, but I don’t have the triple light setup.  I’m still running the big round stock light on mine, and it looks like I see a 07 White / silver striped  SGT sitting in the driveway, cool car for sure!     Well guy, it’s getting pretty late and I still have a couple of things to get done, so we’ll probably talk to you later!     

Right on yes that is my now sold SGT/SC. Bike is very stock looking, until you hear it ;)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The C8R had a good outing at Daytona and is looking good. I always wondered how the team felt Racing a 6 year old car and knew a mid engine car was coming. Well Tommy Milner sums it up below . 

Actually us race fan were getting a little bored with the car also. It won most races but mostly in the pits and crew strategy and not on speed. It was time for a big change. 

“Some boredom gets built in because you end up at a setup that you don’t really stray from too much. With the new car, there’s a whole world of options that we can try to make it better.

“It’s fun for the engineers and it’s fun for us to work with them, going through that process of trying new things and seeing what works and doesn’t work.”

Milner also praised the behind-the-wheel experience of the Corvette.

“Driveability wise, it’s been a lot of fun so far,” he added.

“[There was] not a huge transition from front-engine rear-drive to mid-engine rear-drive, but certainly it’s a whole new experience.

“It’s been fun learning about that and finding ways to make this one better than the previous generation.”

Interesting the C7 when released they touted as a "front mid engined car". 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Another slo day for C8 news. So here is the latest from suprcar blondie. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4A62mpfAJMo

SOOOOO...….they use the technology from the Crab Car in the Fast & Furious movie...… (I think #7).

• Haha 1

Over heat your DCT trans oil can damage your trans. See limp mode for Speedphenum  From what I’ve read on DCT trans the oil temp has to be within a certain temperature range or you could damage your trans. Hot summer nights might cause this exact situation after one run. Most cars with a DCT trans have a limit on rpm launch to keep temps down. 

Hey Mongoose the guy in the other lane with a manual won  ...:hysterical:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Over heat your DCT trans oil can damage your trans. See limp mode for Speedphenum  From what I’ve read on DCT trans the oil temp has to be within a certain temperature range or you could damage your trans. Hot summer nights might cause this exact situation after one run. Most cars with a DCT trans have a limit on rpm launch to keep temps down. 

But wasn't the GT 500 built mostly for Road Course and not Straight Line Racing? He needs to learn how to Drag Race, sat there way to long after the Green.

Edited by tesgt350
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah saw that...it seems tough to get good 0-60 times even on drag radials because the computer limits TQ out of the hole so not

to damage the DCT trans.....It wasn't this vid I was watching when they talked about that I should have posted it here.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slo Lane, finally, that’s petty cool!  Yes, excessive heat is a cars enemy, especially high-powered performance cars in both their trannys and engines, and it is often over-looked mostly in the tranny area.  That’s one reason to use the very best lubricants and additives you can find bar non!   That’s one reason why I’m now using Amsoil in my Harley engine and it’s tranny it proved it’s self to me buy running a good 10 degrees cooler now.  You usually get what you pay for, so don’t buy cheap lubricants because it just might bite you in the A$$!!! :hysterical2:

9 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah saw that...it seems tough to get good 0-60 times even on drag radials because the computer limits TQ out of the hole so not

to damage the DCT trans.....It wasn't this vid I was watching when they talked about that I should have posted it here.

:shrug:    :hysterical:

17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:doh:

:yup:

5 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Rain be a-coming.

Same here Doc...Snow storm yesterday and today 22F and Saturday it's going to be 52F and rain...……….:banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Speed Phenom is know for really beating on his cars, and pushing them to their limit.  Great to see him trying to get the most out of his car.  

Does make me wonder, how many laps down the stripe he had before this one, and what was the cool down routine between runs.  When they did the media event at LVMS in October, it wasnt cold out and guys were hot lapping it without to many issues... Even with it turned down, some of the media drivers were making run after run.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Same here Doc...Snow storm yesterday and today 22F and Saturday it's going to be 52F and rain...……….:banghead:

Hey guys, supposedly a large snow storm is heading my way for Saturday night into Sunday morning and the Packers are hosting a divisional game at home against the Seattle Seahawks.   So, there calling for 700 shovelers for 6am Sunday morning, and their paying $12. an hour and it could take 3 to 4 hours to get it all done  I’ll bet that would be a thrill of a life-time for Doc!!!!   :yahoo:   Just teasing you, Doc!!!    I know your a big bear fan.     :worship:                                    :peelout:

3 hours ago, BigEdmond said:

Speed Phenom is know for really beating on his cars, and pushing them to their limit.  Great to see him trying to get the most out of his car.  

Does make me wonder, how many laps down the stripe he had before this one, and what was the cool down routine between runs.  When they did the media event at LVMS in October, it wasnt cold out and guys were hot lapping it without to many issues... Even with it turned down, some of the media drivers were making run after run.  

Thanks for the info, Big Edmond!!        

21 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, supposedly a large snow storm is heading my way for Saturday night into Sunday morning and the Packers are hosting a divisional game at home against the Seattle Seahawks.   So, there calling for 700 shovelers for 6am Sunday morning, and their paying $12. an hour and it could take 3 to 4 hours to get it all done  I’ll bet that would be a thrill of a life-time for Doc!!!!   :yahoo:   Just teasing you, Doc!!!    I know your a big bear fan.     :worship:                                    :peelout:

Da bears!!………...:hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, it’s a little slow on here today so I figured I would try to brighten up your day and mine with some really cool pics of the Man, the Myth, and of course “The Legend”, Mr. Carroll Shelby and some of his ledgendary cars of the past.   The other day I was going threw a few of my many car mags and I came across two older Mustang mags., one was a 1990, Collector’s Edition of Mustang Monthly: Shelby Mustang 25th Anniversary.   The other one was a 1993 Special Issue, Mustang & Fords: ( SHELBY! and his Mustangs), GT350s / GT500s / and RARE Racers.  First-off I apologize for the quality of some of the pics with the lightening issues and glaring, but I hope you’ll still enjoy them!  I’m also posting a pic of my old 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air w/ Shaker, 80% original paint sitting in front of Bob Perkins Restoration’s showroom on 2/28/ 1988 when my wife and I picked it up.  I bought this car through Bob Perkins and Jackie Jones, and it was a Georgia and North Carolina car all it’s life and Bob and Jackie knew the whole history of the car, so I bought it sight unseen, and I was very satisfied when I picked it up.  Bob is a super nice guy and probably the best restorer and most knowledgeable guy that you could ever meet when it comes to anything Mustang related. Especially the “BOSS MUSTANGS”, which is kind of a specialty with him concerning his past history with them!  Bob and Jerry Heasley of Mustang Monthly fame are very good friends and sometimes they work closely and collaborate together on special Mustang projects, because when it comes to Mustangs, Bob is a walking and talking encyclopedia too!  :thumbsup:The last pic is kind of cool and funny and interesting too!   It’s the 1990 Shelby price watch written by Jerry Heasley. The chart shows selected Shelby Values: Past,Present and Future!

Okay guys, enough talk and enjoy the pics!          Later!              Mongoose       :peelout:

IMG_2825__1578615454_33322.jpg

IMG_2826__1578615621_56433__1578615739_77925.jpg

IMG_2827__1578615882_79730.jpg

IMG_2829__1578616003_54957.jpg

IMG_2833__1578616160_47283.jpg

IMG_2834__1578616347_70477.jpg

IMG_2838__1578616497_64794.jpg

IMG_2839__1578616646_45981.jpg

IMG_2840__1578616811_98530.jpg

IMG_2841__1578616927_90017.jpg

IMG_2842__1578617053_91617.jpg

IMG_2844__1578617241_50096.jpg

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Da bears!!………...:hysterical:

Da Cheese-Heads!....... :yahoo:           :spiteful:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

At least the Packers will be able to blame the weather for losing.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Now they've changed it to rain, then freezing rain, then snow, then who knows what.  Winter storm warning starts tonight and lasts til sometime early Sun.  Weather people are saying to stay home on Sat.  I'm seeing Jeff Dunham Sat night, but it's here in town, just have to drive downtown, so that should be interesting.  Looks like I'll get a chance to see how the new wheels on the Jeep are in snow.

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, it’s a little slow on here today so I figured I would try to brighten up your day and mine with some really cool pics of the Man, the Myth, and of course “The Legend”, Mr. Carroll Shelby and some of his ledgendary cars of the past.   The other day I was going threw a few of my many car mags and I came across two older Mustang mags., one was a 1990, Collector’s Edition of Mustang Monthly: Shelby Mustang 25th Anniversary.   The other one was a 1993 Special Issue, Mustang & Fords: ( SHELBY! and his Mustangs), GT350s / GT500s / and RARE Racers.  First-off I apologize for the quality of some of the pics with the lightening issues and glaring, but I hope you’ll still enjoy them!  I’m also posting a pic of my old 69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air w/ Shaker, 80% original paint sitting in front of Bob Perkins Restoration’s showroom on 2/28/ 1988 when my wife and I picked it up.  I bought this car through Bob Perkins and Jackie Jones, and it was a Georgia and North Carolina car all it’s life and Bob and Jackie knew the whole history of the car, so I bought it sight unseen, and I was very satisfied when I picked it up.  Bob is a super nice guy and probably the best restorer and most knowledgeable guy that you could ever meet when it comes to anything Mustang related. Especially the “BOSS MUSTANGS”, which is kind of a specialty with him concerning his past history with them!  Bob and Jerry Heasley of Mustang Monthly fame are very good friends and sometimes they work closely and collaborate together on special Mustang projects, because when it comes to Mustangs, Bob is a walking and talking encyclopedia too!  :thumbsup:The last pic is kind of cool and funny and interesting too!   It’s the 1990 Shelby price watch written by Jerry Heasley. The chart shows selected Shelby Values: Past,Present and Future!

Okay guys, enough talk and enjoy the pics!          Later!              Mongoose       :peelout:

Awesomeness stuff there Mongoose. It sure brings back memories of playing with all those Shelby cars back in the 80’s. Had a few and glad I did . You could buy them at a decent price and drive them as they were meant to be enjoyed. Mustangs back in the 80’s decade were absolutely nothing like today. Today is something else all together. The 2020 Shelby GT500 , Camaro 2020 ZL1 with the 1LE and of course the Dodge boys are just crazy fast machines today. Once the current Shelby GT 500 are plentiful the price will normalize . Pick your poison .New or used. Heck today a new Camaro ZL1 is like $10K off sticker. The market is very unpredictable and prices are falling on performance cars of all makes. This will definitely be my last new car until the C9 gets introduced. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mongoose it’s cool you bought that mach1 from Bob and Jackie Jones. Jackie and I go way back in history. Heck I bought his original boss 351 back in 1980. I ran into him at Carlisle in 1981 and told him I had his car. Ever since then we have traded back in forth many Boss mustangs and Shelby’s. He is old school and a hand shake is all it takes to make a deal. That’s even true today and I stay in contact with him . One of his dealerships is only a hour away. He has one of the best collection of original low mileage mustangs and Fords on the planet. Enjoyed you story on the mach1. 

• Thanks 1

New rendering of the Wide body ....Z06 perhaps..Keith   I know I know ...RED.   That C8 is like me it gets better looking everyday....:hysterical:

16DBD0A8-BDDA-4790-B14B-57680B176F5F.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Assume stuff there Mongoose. It sure brings back memories of playing with all those Shelby cars back in the 80’s. Had a few and glad I did . You could buy them at a decent price and drive them as they were meant to be enjoyed. Mustangs back in the 80’s decade were absolutely nothing like today. Today is something else all together. The 2020 Shelby GT500 , Camaro 2020 ZL1 with the 1LE and of course the Dodge boys are just crazy fast machines today. Once the current Shelby GT 500 are plentiful the price will normalize . Pick your poison .New or used. Heck today a new Camaro ZL1 is like $10K off sticker. The market is very unpredictable and prices are falling on performance cars of all makes. This will definitely be my last new car until the C9 gets introduced. 

Hey Slo Lane, back in the day we sure had a lot of fun and a fair amount of very reasonable performance cars to choose from, that’s for sure!     :peelout:

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Cool story Goose thanks for sharing....:thumbsup: ………..That sweet 69 Mach1 of yours is my personal favorite best looking muscle of all time....:rockon:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Now they've changed it to rain, then freezing rain, then snow, then who knows what.  Winter storm warning starts tonight and lasts til sometime early Sun.  Weather people are saying to stay home on Sat.  I'm seeing Jeff Dunham Sat night, but it's here in town, just have to drive downtown, so that should be interesting.  Looks like I'll get a chance to see how the new wheels on the Jeep are in snow.

Jeeps are good in snow especially the long wheel base 4 door ones...the 2 door can be quick to go end to end on you but generally good in snow

enjoy the show Doc...….:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

New rendering of the Wide body ....Z06 perhaps..Keith   I know I know ...RED. 

16DBD0A8-BDDA-4790-B14B-57680B176F5F.jpeg

Holy crap!!!...:drool: ……..if the C8 Z06 looks like that I'll be on that like shyt on a baby blanket...that thing in RED would be simply gorgeous!!….:peelout:

• Like 1