mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Oh I totally understand...just found it NUTS!!!...……..:hysterical2:

:hysterical2: I was just razzing ya!

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Call em up....you got lots of influence with Ford...……...:hysterical:

Shhhh.... that wasn’t suppose to get out, now everybody will know!!!!        :hysterical2:        :drop:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

So far Ford only sold one of their Ford GT’s and that buyer isn’t interested in racing it at Daytona. The other ones are not sold yet ...:doh:

Hey Slo Lane, you should buy one and then get some sponsors and go racing!!!    B and Bailey could be your pit crew, now that sounds like a plan, don’t ya think!      :peelout:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I wonder why?...……...:spend:

Go ahead and take a guess......    :shrug:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I don’t know it looks like Barrett-Jackson has people spending money like it grows on trees 🌲. Crazy money for sure...:headspin:.:spend: Hey Mongoose  70 tomorrow at St Augustine beach. I’ll try to send you some warmer temps. Cold back in Atlanta freezing temps at night. 

Thanks buddy, definitely could use some warmer weather.   There’s a Winter weather storm warning out from 6pm. today till 6pm. tomorrow with 5 to 9 inches of blowing snow expected till it’s all said and done.  Hey Mr. Lucky, have fun and take some cool pics and make sure you get more stats on the new C8R and any other info that’s relevant to it.   The fun is just starting to get good!!     Go Pack Go!!     :puppy_kiss:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

BJ auction going on now?...…...

:shrug:  Maybe or maybe not, your guess is as good as mine...       :headscratch:              :hysterical:       :poke:

Okay guys, being were car guys and appreciate all brands of cars, you really never know for sure what were going to post.  I like a lot of different brand cars, especially performance cars as most of us car guys do on here.  We try hard to appreciate all cars, and yes we do have some varying opinions on some which is natural for all us car loving guys.  Talking about all different types of cars is what trips our triggers!   We may not always agree on certain things, like for example Ford naming their new electric SUV: Mustang Mach E.  It’s a nice vehicle, but my only problem with it is that I wish Ford would of kept the Mustang and Mach name for a more befitting high performance type new Mustang Sports car for all us Mustang lover die hards.  Were all entitled to our opinions, and this was mine!   Also, I would feel the same if the Chevy Boys did the same thing to the Storied Corvette StingRay name, that just wouldn’t be very cool in my book!  I had to take my 2018 Ford Edge in for scheduled maintenance yesterday at the local Ford dealer, so while I was waiting I scanned the car brochures and saw one on the new Mustang Mach E . I figured I would check it out to see what exactly it was like, so I read the brochure and it’s specks on it.  Like I said before, I’m not big on it’s name, and it’s not my cup of tea, but with that said it looks and sounds like a very capable vehicle for some of Ford’s customers.   J.M.O.  I’m posting a few pics of the Mustang Mach E from the Ford brochure, I’m sure some of you will like them.  Also, I just received my latest Car and Driver mag.February 2020 and it has a article and pics of the new Bronco, so I’m posting a few pics of the Bronco.  I’m sure BB would like to see them because I think he has the “Hots” for the new Ford Bronco!!!       Okay, later guys!           Mongoose   :peelout:   P.S. Pics. will be coming shortly!

IMG_2860__1579323166_84222.jpg

IMG_2867__1579323297_52437.jpg

IMG_2868__1579323412_69443.jpg

IMG_2872__1579323575_95893.jpg

IMG_2873__1579324023_66566.jpg

IMG_2874__1579324129_16316.jpg

IMG_2877__1579324240_88427.jpg

Edited by Mongoose
add pics

Mongoose let me state my opinion on any SUV. In our home it’s a grocery getter and a vehicle we use to travel in. It’s not a vehicle you take out and experience some performance driving. The design isn’t meant for spirited driving. The high center of gravity and suspension isn’t ideal for this type of driving.

The mach E is $60K msrp not on my radar. The suv we have is towable with all 4 wheels down . It’s a very usable vehicle for everything we need it to do. It is a fully loaded top of the line and after all the discounts cost lest then $30K out the door. Today they offer $13K off sticker on 2020 inventory. 

However a electric suv still needs a recharge system to allow long distance travel. Not there yet in the states. 

Now news on the C8 is they are preparing for a second shift and hiring or transferring employees from closed plants. Soon production will  start on customer cars in February. They are currently building fleet cars that will be sold after their use is up  

Ok got to pack up and move on down to another campground this am. ...:puppy_kiss: Stop at a few flea markets and check out the stuff. 

Later slo lane in sunny fla. 😎😎😎

Edited by mach 1 1970

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Go ahead and take a guess......    :shrug:

They are wanting Wayyyyyy to much money ?...……...:yup:

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:shrug:  Maybe or maybe not, your guess is as good as mine...       :headscratch:              :hysterical:       :poke:

:doh:

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose let me state my opinion on any SUV. In our home it’s a grocery getter and a vehicle we use to travel in. It’s not a vehicle you take out and experience some performance driving. The design isn’t meant for spirited driving. The high center of gravity and suspension isn’t ideal for this type of driving.

The mach E is $60K msrp not on my radar. The suv we have is towable with all 4 wheels down . It’s a very usable vehicle for everything we need it to do. It is a fully loaded top of the line and after all the discounts cost lest then $30K out the door. Today they offer $13K off sticker on 2020 inventory. 

However a electric suv still needs a recharge system to allow long distance travel. Not there yet in the states. 

Now news on the C8 is they are preparing for a second shift and hiring or transferring employees from closed plants. Soon production will  start on customer cars in February. They are currently building fleet cars that will be sold after their use is up  

Ok got to pack up and move on down to another campground this am. ...:puppy_kiss: Stop at a few flea markets and check out the stuff. 

Later slo lane in sunny fla. 😎😎😎

Hey bud, glad your enjoying the sunny weather, I wish I could too, but we got a fair amount of snow overnight so I guess I’ll be snow blowing for a while after it’s all done.  I basically agree with all you said about the SUVs, but once in a while to have a little fun I’ll put the tranny in (Sport Mode) and it actually is kind of fun on take-off.  My Edge only has the 2.0 L.  Eco-Boost engine, but I will say that’s one little peppy engine for sure in that mode!  Also, I’ll say that at a starting MSRP. of $60.5K  for the GT Mustang Mach E seems quite pricey to me, but again that’s just my own opinion on it.  I hope your able to get your new C8 sooner than later bud and than you can tell us all about it!   Hope you and the two “Bs” have a great time and enjoy the rest of the day!    :dogwalk:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

They are wanting Wayyyyyy to much money ?...……...:yup:

:thumbsup: Yes, I agree with you!   

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Kohr Motorsports announced they are running Austin Martin for IMSA this year. Apparently, IMSA is not interested in any Ford competing in their races. The Mustangs were rendered uncompetitive and Im sure the Ford GT was as well. Politics in racing :(

5 hours ago, svttim said:

Kohr Motorsports announced they are running Austin Martin for IMSA this year. Apparently, IMSA is not interested in any Ford competing in their races. The Mustangs were rendered uncompetitive and Im sure the Ford GT was as well. Politics in racing :(

Yes Tim, you sure hit that one right on the head!   It’s really a damn shame that “politics” has to play such a big roll in decision making in all aspects of our life. :stop:

Edited by Mongoose
change text

Hey Slo Lane, hope your still enjoying that beautiful Florida weather with warm sunny skies.   I took a few pics for ya so you can really see why I call you Mr.Lucky being in Florida at this time of year for the cool races coming up and wish I was there enjoying the weather too! Hey bud, just a heads-ups, put your jacket on when you look at these pics because you just might feel a chill in the air.     :hysterical2:       Later Mr. Lucky!                                 Mongoose      :peelout::cold:

IMG_2878__1579389449_97686.jpg

IMG_2880__1579389844_92222.jpg

IMG_2881__1579390025_66807.jpg

IMG_2882__1579390162_21778.jpg

16 hours ago, svttim said:

Dean Martin not racing a Mustang. That’s crazy because that’s his trademark.

By the way there are 5 Mustang GT4’s in the race on Friday. The last race in Atlanta the Mustang GT4 won. They have added a lot of weight in 2019. BOP constantly changes each car after each race.  

My big concern is Ford isn’t in the 24 hour Daytona after 16 years. No car coral and the fans seem to be abandoned IMO . Porsche And Corvette have Hugh car corals at Daytona. Let’s see how the manufacturer’s pavilion are this year. I’ll take some pictures for you all. 

Stay tuned for some pictures from Daytona next week.

70 today in St Augustine at the campground.. pictures of campground below. Look at that big old oak tree in the second picture. Alligators in the canal watch out bailey  .:dogwalk:  It’s even warm at nighttime..

45D5CCC1-05D7-480D-A914-BE9F1B6B6130.jpeg

AD77F0AA-7802-4583-AE8A-02354177F7C7.jpeg

D795F524-E3BA-4F91-9DA5-993BA16BC84F.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, hope your still enjoying that beautiful Florida weather with warm sunny skies.   I took a few pics for ya so you can really see why I call you Mr.Lucky being in Florida at this time of year for the cool races coming up and wish I was there enjoying the weather too! Hey bud, just a heads-ups, put your jacket on when you look at these pics because you just might feel a chill in the air.     :hysterical2:       Later Mr. Lucky!                                 Mongoose      :peelout::cold:

IMG_2878__1579389449_97686.jpg

IMG_2880__1579389844_92222.jpg

IMG_2881__1579390025_66807.jpg

IMG_2882__1579390162_21778.jpg

.:cold: burrr....man that’s a lot of snow blowing on that long driveway. Good job 👏  

G is playing in California today.  Rogers is 6.0 in temps under 45 this might not be good for the pack. We shall see go packer ! !

Edited by mach 1 1970

ON TV now auction for 1st TR coupe . Going for charity . Sold for $ 3,000,000 to Rick Hendricks. 

Hey that’s my car.   

Can’t they close the engine cover ?  Oh no a flaw already. ....:swear:

Here is the latest statement from GM .Corvette coupe production will begin at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly Plant in Kentucky in early February, with customer deliveries slated to begin before the end of February.

DFCBEBD3-1D3C-40B2-BED8-BEE576165C66.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

One more video ....enjoy 

29 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

One more video ....enjoy 

The GT500 is one hell of a performer no doubt about that....and that engine responds really good with mods.....:peelout:

Car & Driver review 

Shelby GT 500. VS Camaro ZL1 

Cost   ZL1  1 LE  $72K - today’s discounts = $62K 

Cost.  Shelby   With Carbon track pack   $95K  + ADM  =  too much $105K/  $135K 

The Bottom Line

With the Corvette going mid-engine, these two machines, along with Dodge's Hellcats, are keeping the traditional American fire-breathing, rear-drive, front-engine muscle car alive. It's a commendable feat considering our society continues to accelerate toward autonomy and electrification like a drunken hipster on a rented moped. But after two days of track testing and several days of driving around the barren desert landscape of Southern California, a winner, a clear winner, of this comparison test, failed to materialize. Whatever you're driving at any given moment feels like the best one. 

Both the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 and the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE live up to the hype. Either will put a big dumb smile on your face while shredding an expensive set of summer tires in the process. But these are sophisticated cars. Their ability to turn and stop are only surpassed by their unbridled power and tire-destroying skills. But we pick winners here, and the winner is the Camaro. Its biggest advantage is that it's simply a better value. There's a lot we love about the GT500—the ride quality, interior design, and its more sophisticated powertrain—but the more affordable ZL1 1LE manages to match or surpass the Shelby's performance while offering a much longer list of features. Spend the stack of money saved on gas and Goodyears. You're going to need them

Edited by mach 1 1970

.:cold: burrr....man that’s a lot of snow blowing on that long driveway. Good job 👏  

G is playing in California today.  Rogers is 6.0 in temps under 45 this might not be good for the pack. We shall see go packer ! !

Hey bud, yes that’s alot of snow and cold winds too!  Hey, guess who was spotted the other day outside a local health club in just their workout clothes laying in the snow making snow angels with a friend? Yup, yer exactly right, A-rods girlfriend, Danica Patrick, it was probably her first time ever in doing that fun thing we all did as kids growing up in the north.  The  Pack is playing their big game later today, so “Go Pack Go”, and put another one in the win column   P.S. Hope you and yours are having a blast!     :yahoo:

ON TV now auction for 1st TR coupe . Going for charity . Sold for $ 3,000,000 to Rick Hendricks. 

Hey that’s my car.   

Can’t they close the engine cover ?  Oh no a flaw already. ....:swear:

Here is the latest statement from GM .Corvette coupe production will begin at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly Plant in Kentucky in early February, with customer deliveries slated to begin before the end of February.

DFCBEBD3-1D3C-40B2-BED8-BEE576165C66.jpeg

Thanks for the pic, and be glad your only paying MSRP and not what Rick Hendricks is.     :puppy_kiss:        :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, yes that’s alot of snow and cold winds too!  Hey, guess who was spotted the other day outside a local health club in just their workout clothes laying in the snow making snow angels with a friend? Yup, yer exactly right, A-rods girlfriend, Danica Patrick, it was probably her first time ever in doing that fun thing we all did as kids growing up in the north.  The  Pack is playing their big game later today, so “Go Pack Go”, and put another one in the win column   P.S. Hope you and yours are having a blast!     :yahoo:

Would love to see those pictures of Danica. Hope your team does well today. We will be watching. Going out to dinner early with friends so as not to miss the game. Please no jokes about old people early bird dinners in fla. .....:hysterical2:

1 minute ago, Mongoose said:

Thanks for the pic, and be glad your only paying MSRP and not what Rick Hendricks is.     :puppy_kiss:        :thumbsup:

You got that right big guy. 

10 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Would love to see those pictures of Danica. Hope your team does well today. We will be watching. Going out to dinner early with friends so as not to miss the game. Please no jokes about old people early bird dinners in fla. .....:hysterical2:

I checked you-tube for it and it wasn’t on there so it was probably just a local station, if I find it later I’ll yet ya know.  You know me, I would never make any jokes about older people,  :spiteful: that just wouldn’t be cool!  :whistling:    Oh, by the way don’t forget to ask the cashier for your (Senior Discount), I’m sure they got that there too!   :hysterical:   Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself.  :doh:

Hope you all have a great dinner out and enjoy the game later.    I’m currently watching Mahomes and the Chiefs playing the Tennessee Titans.     Go Pack Go!         

24 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

You got that right big guy. 

:thumbsup:

Well Goose ya think ya got snow!!!!...This was the storm that skirted us on Friday and hit NFLD smack in the lips shutting

90% of the whole Province...these pics are from the City of St'John's.

DD786.jpg

DD785.jpg