mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

How they lineup for the race Saturday 

The sound of the FPC engine is a lot different then tho old CPC engine .I can’t load my videos on here  ...sorry  

BAE99406-60F7-4FF2-A071-A36BCCA3DF61.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 2

On 1/22/2020 at 8:24 PM, svtkeith said:

Agreed 100%...there was always cheating in racing and there always will be...AND they all do it it's the nature of the beast...…….:peelout:

Yup you’re probably right, it’s just the nature of the beast as you say!!      :peelout:

12 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The Chevy pavilion had this red C8 with GT1 black seats and black wheels and trim . My order basically. Looks  a lot better then the white base model they had at Road Atlanta. 

3D82FB04-CFB7-4CCC-A6FA-338FFE995F7C.jpeg

5E62AA07-072D-45F8-A678-8F9237494E63.jpeg

C1ACA8CE-BCB0-48CB-BFD0-4E5B2512E4F4.jpeg

Very cool pics for sure!   I’ll bet they got your blood stiring and drooling all over them cars, I hope you remembered to bring your towel buddy.   Just had to razze you a little. :hysterical:

12 hours ago, svtkeith said:

She's a gorgeous looking car right there....:rockon: ….Sure hope the Z06 version has a small spoiler option and not that monstrous spoiler

on the race C8R.

Hey Keefer, I highly doubt that high wing spoiler on the C8R would make it standard equipment on the regular production model Z06 unless it was strictly special ordered that way if applicable....    J.M.O.         :peelout:

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

2 Mustang GT4 on the track this morning. 

E6A6E107-5498-4490-A402-E39B6505FBD4.jpeg

A3F6B21B-8B92-4101-A82B-7D9B870BB806.jpeg

Hey bud, thanks for the pics!    What’s up with all the gray looking skies, is it drizzling there? I hope it’s at least warm enough for you guys to enjoy the day and the track stays dry enough for practicing!    :thumbsup:   

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

How they lineup for the race Saturday 

The sound of the FPC engine is a lot different then tho old CPC engine .I can’t load my videos on here  ...sorry  

BAE99406-60F7-4FF2-A071-A36BCCA3DF61.jpeg

Thanks for posting the info!  Just curious on your thoughts of the C8Rs changes of over-taking the 911 Porsches in competition!    :shrug:    Hopefully the C8Rs drivers have had enough seat time behind the wheel to feel very comfortable and confident in this new C8R racer so they can go “Balls All Out” like a “Bat out of Hell”!!     :hysterical2:         :peelout:

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I highly doubt that high wing spoiler on the C8R would make it standard equipment on the regular production model Z06 unless it was strictly special ordered that way if applicable....    J.M.O.         :peelout:

I sure hope so Goose but not what I'm seeing on some pretty reliable Youtubers vids...……..:shrug:

• Thanks 1

All the manufacturers are in the infield with their cars. No Shelby GT500 or Ford at all. What’s up with that ? First year they haven’t had a pavilion. The Friday race has 6 mustang GT4’s but are off the pace. They sound so much better then those push rod low rpm camaro’s. On the other hand those C8R with their DOHC  FPC engines sound amazing. Much better then the old C7R IMO....:rockon:

The infield is packed with fans and sold out since the early summer. Campers in every corner of the track and outside also. For you guys who have never been to this event you are missing something special for sure. Daytona limits the amount of infield passes they sell .  I also heard that the next race at Sebring is sold out also. That hasn’t ever happened before this early. The sport shows no slowing down fan wise. 

This place is packed every year and the weather will be perfect this weekend . Oh yeah. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Thanks for posting the info!  Just curious on your thoughts of the C8Rs changes of over-taking the 911 Porsches in competition!    :shrug:    Hopefully the C8Rs drivers have had enough seat time behind the wheel to feel very comfortable and confident in this new C8R racer so they can go “Balls All Out” like a “Bat out of Hell”!!     :hysterical2:         :peelout:

It’s a 24 hour race and they don’t run many laps at qualifying times. Pit stops and few mistakes win races. Can the new engine withstand 24 hours with no issues on the components ? We won’t know until Sunday. So far in all the testing so good. The Porsche has a new car this year also. Don’t forget the BMW and Ferrari also. The Corvette team has a 107 wins under their belt and that isn’t all luck . But some luck sure helps over 24 hours. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

All the manufacturers are in the infield with their cars. No Shelby GT500 or Ford at all. What’s up with that ? First year they haven’t had a pavilion. The Friday race has 6 mustang GT4’s but are off the pace. They sound so much better then those push rod low rpm camaro’s. On the other hand those C8R with their DOHC  FPC engines sound amazing. Much better then the old C7R IMO....:rockon:

The infield is packed with fans and sold out since the early summer. Campers in every corner of the track and outside also. For you guys who have never been to this event you are missing something special for sure. Daytona limits the amount of infield passes they sell .  I also heard that the next race at Sebring is sold out also. That hasn’t ever happened before this early. The sport shows no slowing down fan wise. 

This place is packed every year and the weather will be perfect this weekend . Oh yeah. 

Enjoy!!….And updates....:thumbsup: ……..To bad Ford isn't there the way it should be IMO.

• Like 1

Well was in touch with the largest GM dealer in NS about the C8 Z06 and he has an allotment of 3 but has 9 people already got

money down on those 3 cars….:doh: ….guess my chances of getting one is ZIP....he took my name down just in case but I won't hold

my breath...he's got dealers calling him from right across Canada that want to buy his 3 allotments for 20K over MSRP each...unreal

these days to buy a car the BS that goes on....now if those dealers want to pay 20k over just imagine the ADM they will be tacking on.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I sure hope so Goose but not what I'm seeing on some pretty reliable Youtubers vids...……..:shrug:

Hey Keefer, that was just my honest opinion and really just a guess, but your Youtuber’s  probably know more about that kind of stuff than I do!   To me it sounds like it should be more of a option for people like you that don’t really want it.....     :shrug:       J.M.O.      :peelout:

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey bud, it’s sounds like your having one hell of a good time and really taking everything in, that’s cool In my book, that’s pretty much how I feel when I’m at the track at “Road America”!!, it’s just a super cool place to be!!   Hope you have enough time to take everything in because I’m sure there’s alot to see.  I’m a little confused by Ford’s lack of interest in the racing events and also their lack of showing  off any of their cars like the cool Shelby GT500!!  I’m sure your loving smelling all the high octane fumes and hearing the awesome notes coming from those high performance engines in those race cars.    Okay, enjoy yourself and have a blast, oh yeah!!    :yahoo:                                

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Enjoy!!….And updates....:thumbsup: ……..To bad Ford isn't there the way it should be IMO.

:thumbsup:+1

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Well was in touch with the largest GM dealer in NS about the C8 Z06 and he has an allotment of 3 but has 9 people already got

money down on those 3 cars….:doh: ….guess my chances of getting one is ZIP....he took my name down just in case but I won't hold

my breath...he's got dealers calling him from right across Canada that want to buy his 3 allotments for 20K over MSRP each...unreal

these days to buy a car the BS that goes on....now if those dealers want to pay 20k over just imagine the ADM they will be tacking on.

Hey Keefer, I really feel for ya bud, it sounds like there giving you the shaft!!  I would never pay a ADM, no way, no how!    Stick to your guns buddy, good things come to those who can wait, your time will come!!   :thumbsup:    Greedy people that own car dealerships and charge ADMs are ruining the car hobby for all the average Joes that are out there that don’t  have a pocket full of money to waste on those ridiculous added charges!!   :banghead:         J.M.O.      :peelout:

On 1/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, DrHawkeye said:

Which series are you referring to?

Over all

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

It’s a 24 hour race and they don’t run many laps at qualifying times. Pit stops and few mistakes win races. Can the new engine withstand 24 hours with no issues on the components ? We won’t know until Sunday. So far in all the testing so good. The Porsche has a new car this year also. Don’t forget the BMW and Ferrari also. The Corvette team has a 107 wins under their belt and that isn’t all luck . But some luck sure helps over 24 hours. 

Hey Slo Lane, yes luck does help, but I hope the Corvette  Team drivers  feel they got enough seat time in testing and working out any bugs and that they feel real confident and capable behind the wheel of the C8R for 24 hrs. straight!!!    :thumbsup:

Spoiler alert. 4 hour race Friday. Mustang GT4. 10th place and they had 6 cars in the race. Way off the pace. They sure sound and look good. But no cigar. 

• Sad 1

Lots of C8’s to look at during the 24 Daytona weekend. 

6F4BEF78-A380-4066-ACD3-263ED4659731.jpeg

C23FE9B5-8056-4014-BF2E-C92C5EF3BAB3.jpeg

E0B1033B-FCDF-4587-9C23-242C936C5367.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I really feel for ya bud, it sounds like there giving you the shaft!!  I would never pay a ADM, no way, no how!    Stick to your guns buddy, good things come to those who can wait, your time will come!!   :thumbsup:    Greedy people that own car dealerships and charge ADMs are ruining the car hobby for all the average Joes that are out there that don’t  have a pocket full of money to waste on those ridiculous added charges!!   :banghead:         J.M.O.      :peelout:

Thanks Goose...oh trust me I'll die before I pay one cent over MSRP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Lots of C8’s to look at during the 24 Daytona weekend. 

6F4BEF78-A380-4066-ACD3-263ED4659731.jpeg

C23FE9B5-8056-4014-BF2E-C92C5EF3BAB3.jpeg

E0B1033B-FCDF-4587-9C23-242C936C5367.jpeg

Good lord!!...I hate that blue interior on that C8...…….:nonono:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, yes luck does help, but I hope the Corvette  Team drivers  feel they got enough seat time in testing and working out any bugs and that they feel real confident and capable behind the wheel of the C8R for 24 hrs. straight!!!    :thumbsup:

I think they are doing the right thing with the new C8R Goose...just put it out there and run as hard as you can and whatever the outcome at least

they'll learn what has to be tuned the right way or any other changes needed...AND they may go balls to the wall and win...now that would be one

hell of an accomplishment with the first GM mid engine car ever and winning the race......:peelout:

Edited by svtkeith
  • Like 1

ACO and IMSA have confirmed convergence of the top prototype categories of endurance racing that will see the creation of the LMDh platform to race alongside the soon-to-debut Le Mans Hypercar formula in the FIA World Endurance Championship.  

Announced Friday at Daytona International Speedway by ACO President Pierre Fillon and IMSA Chairman Jim France, the historic agreement will allow the same top-class prototypes to be eligible in both the WEC and the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, beginning with the 2021-22 WEC season and in 2022 in IMSA competition.

Now they can ditch that ugly caddy ( Batmobile ) from the race track ...good bye . Chevy get back in the game. ....:banvictory:

44E3DECD-436B-4779-8F62-10CA7256B8C5.jpeg

D6594BAD-5B0F-473C-849E-FA3CFDC19134.jpeg

1565DDE2-9111-4C50-94D0-F340C6D7F22F.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

No rain tires needed for the Daytona today or tomorrow......sunny sky’s the rest of the weekend. Those are some good size meats right there  .....:banvictory:

So if you want to watch on your devices here you go .

*  eastern standard time 

Saturday January 25
* 1:30 PM - 11:55 PM IMSA.tv
* 1:40 PM - 11:55 PM Trackpass
* 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM NBC
* 2:30 PM - 6 PM NBC SN
* 6 PM - 11 PM NBC Sports Live
* 11 PM - 11:55 PM NBC SN

Sunday, January 26
* 12 AM - 1:40 PM IMSA.tv
* 12 AM - 1:40 PM Trackpass
* 12 AM - 3 AM NBC SN
* 3 AM - 6 AM NBC Sports Live
* 6 AM - 12:30 PM NBC SN
* 12 PM - 2 PM NBC

22A70CE7-8494-4B8E-A13F-685FCD5C37A2.jpeg

5774E5FA-33C4-4A7D-A074-04FAF0703809.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Good lord!!...I hate that blue interior on that C8...…….:nonono:

Can you believe someone would actually order that color combination.....YIKES.   That’s worst then a hot rod Lincoln  .....:hysterical:

90C7F312-8C9D-46B8-B22E-DB641873A268.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Can you believe someone would actually order that color combination.....YIKES. 

90C7F312-8C9D-46B8-B22E-DB641873A268.jpeg

I would.........BUT change all the Blue, Inside and out to Lime Green and I just might switch from Ford to Chevy.....................:yahoo:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

I would.........BUT change all the Blue, Inside and out to Lime Green and I just might switch from Ford to Chevy.....................:yahoo:

Tes you're on LSD right?...…:zombi: …………..:hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

No Hemi !

568A42A8-25CE-448A-A3C0-8794484E88EC.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks Goose...oh trust me I'll die before I pay one cent over MSRP.

:thumbsup:  Alrighty, that’s my boy!!!    :hysterical:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I think they are doing the right thing with the new C8R Goose...just put it out there and run as hard as you can and whatever the outcome at least

they'll learn what has to be tuned the right way or any other changes needed...AND they may go balls to the wall and win...now that would be one

hell of an accomplishment with the first GM mid engine car ever and winning the race......:peelout:

:thumbsup:Hey Keefer, if they drop the hammer and go balls all out and win too, that would be super cool in my book and one very big feather in their hat for the chevy Boys proving that the move to a mid-engine design at this time was the right move!    :victory:     

• Like 1