mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

18 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Spoiler alert. 4 hour race Friday. Mustang GT4. 10th place and they had 6 cars in the race. Way off the pace. They sure sound and look good. But no cigar. 

Hey Slo Lane, any idea what’s going on with those Mustang GT4s on why there not as competitive as before ???   Is it possible that maybe they had to lower or redesign because of some new rule their aero spoilers on the car which can greatly affect their road holding ability????   Just wondering if you heard anything through the (grape-vine)!!!     :shrug:

Lap around Daytona ....got to get to the track bye 

Edited by mach 1 1970

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Good lord!!...I hate that blue interior on that C8...…….:nonono:

Hey Keefer, I’m with you on not liking the blue interior, but I hate to say this, but the blue outside with the black wheels does nothing for me either, it just doesn’t pop for me!  Just my opinion, but wheels and color make the car “Pop”!!!   Everybody has different opinions, and that’s totally cool in my book!      :peelout:

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

ACO and IMSA have confirmed convergence of the top prototype categories of endurance racing that will see the creation of the LMDh platform to race alongside the soon-to-debut Le Mans Hypercar formula in the FIA World Endurance Championship.  

Announced Friday at Daytona International Speedway by ACO President Pierre Fillon and IMSA Chairman Jim France, the historic agreement will allow the same top-class prototypes to be eligible in both the WEC and the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, beginning with the 2021-22 WEC season and in 2022 in IMSA competition.

Now they can ditch that ugly caddy ( Batmobile ) from the race track ...good bye . Chevy get back in the game. ....:banvictory:

44E3DECD-436B-4779-8F62-10CA7256B8C5.jpeg

D6594BAD-5B0F-473C-849E-FA3CFDC19134.jpeg

1565DDE2-9111-4C50-94D0-F340C6D7F22F.jpeg

Thanks for sharing all the recent info and cool pics, it sounds like the racing world is going to get a little more competitive and interesting too!   :yahoo:

No rain tires needed for the Daytona today or tomorrow......sunny sky’s the rest of the weekend. Those are some good size meats right there  .....:banvictory:

So if you want to watch on your devices here you go .

*  eastern standard time 

Saturday January 25
* 1:30 PM - 11:55 PM IMSA.tv
* 1:40 PM - 11:55 PM Trackpass
* 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM NBC
* 2:30 PM - 6 PM NBC SN
* 6 PM - 11 PM NBC Sports Live
* 11 PM - 11:55 PM NBC SN

Sunday, January 26
* 12 AM - 1:40 PM IMSA.tv
* 12 AM - 1:40 PM Trackpass
* 12 AM - 3 AM NBC SN
* 3 AM - 6 AM NBC Sports Live
* 6 AM - 12:30 PM NBC SN
* 12 PM - 2 PM NBC

22A70CE7-8494-4B8E-A13F-685FCD5C37A2.jpeg

5774E5FA-33C4-4A7D-A074-04FAF0703809.jpeg

:thumbsup: Thanks for posting the race times and the two pics, especially that beautiful sunset!!!!    :rating:

Can you believe someone would actually order that color combination.....YIKES.   That’s worst then a hot rod Lincoln  .....:hysterical:

90C7F312-8C9D-46B8-B22E-DB641873A268.jpeg

Okay boys, be nice, remember your mom taught you to play nice with all the other kids...     :hysterical2:

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I would.........BUT change all the Blue, Inside and out to Lime Green and I just might switch from Ford to Chevy.....................:yahoo:

Kermit, the frog!       :hysterical:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Tes you're on LSD right?...…:zombi: …………..:hysterical:

:whistling:

Thought you guys might like some photos from my November trip to MCACN...

If you've never been and have a love for muscle cars, then I highly suggest making your way to Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving for the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. It is beyond amazing and I'm fortunate to have gone in a Ford heavy year. There were more Boss 9s than Boss 302s and Shelbys combined!
This is the link to my Flickr account album frm the show.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/186442870@N04/albums/72157712831723778

49439347218_5387b71d10_z.jpg

Boss 302 styling prototype owned by Larry Shinoda
49439419578_2aa3f283c1_z.jpg

Boss 9s for days
49439761581_4021a8ae72_z.jpg

Barn find 18k mile Boss 9

49439426103_3e4e9aaaf5_z.jpg

1 of 2 ZL1 Corvette

Edited by falcongtho3

On 1/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, svtkeith said:

Well was in touch with the largest GM dealer in NS about the C8 Z06 and he has an allotment of 3 but has 9 people already got

money down on those 3 cars….:doh: ….guess my chances of getting one is ZIP....he took my name down just in case but I won't hold

my breath...he's got dealers calling him from right across Canada that want to buy his 3 allotments for 20K over MSRP each...unreal

these days to buy a car the BS that goes on....now if those dealers want to pay 20k over just imagine the ADM they will be tacking on.

So much for nobody putting ADMs on the C8 like people were saying.

21 hours ago, svttim said:

Over all

But overall isn't relevant to today and the current players.  Rodgers is 0-3 against the Niners in the playoffs, and a losing record in the NFC Championship game.

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Lap around Daytona ....got to get to the track bye 

:thumbsup:Thanks bud!

3 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

If you've never been and have a love for muscle cars, then I highly suggest making your way to Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving for the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. It is beyond amazing and I'm fortunate to have gone in a Ford heavy year. There were more Boss 9s than Boss 302s and Shelbys combined!

Boss 9s for days

1 of 2 ZL1 Corvette

Hey Falcon, very cool muscle cars for sure, especially the Chevys and Fords, there’s alot of H.P. sitting among all those cars..   Thanks for sharing bud!   My wife’s nephew attended that show and he also said it was really cool!

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I’m with you on not liking the blue interior, but I hate to say this, but the blue outside with the black wheels does nothing for me either, it just doesn’t pop for me!  Just my opinion, but wheels and color make the car “Pop”!!!   Everybody has different opinions, and that’s totally cool in my book!      :peelout:

Yup agreed Goose not my colour at all on any car period....BUT like you say to each there own on that one...….:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

So much for nobody putting ADMs on the C8 like people were saying.

There will be HUGE ADM's at some dealers for sure....now that dealer I was talking to are not selling their allotment of the 3 Z06's to

any other dealer and will not charge any ADM's either but that's here in NS...look out in Ontario and Quebec it's going to be a free for all.

5 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Boss 9s for days

1 of 2 ZL1 Corvette

Yup that's one rare and expensive bird right there....:thumbsup:

There's a pretty good article in the latest issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines on the event, but it is so vast it's hard to put in 10 or so pages, or the over 100 photos I've posted. It's just that good.

6 hours ago, svtkeith said:

There will be HUGE ADM's at some dealers for sure....now that dealer I was talking to are not selling their allotment of the 3 Z06's to

any other dealer and will not charge any ADM's either but that's here in NS...look out in Ontario and Quebec it's going to be a free for all.

:spiteful:   Not cool!

Yup that's one rare and expensive bird right there....:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Also one very nasty engine too!   

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yup agreed Goose not my colour at all on any car period....BUT like you say to each there own on that one...….:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Yuppers on that!

3 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

There's a pretty good article in the latest issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines on the event, but it is so vast it's hard to put in 10 or so pages, or the over 100 photos I've posted. It's just that good.

Hey Falcon, in the past I used to go to the Chicago shows, like Chevy Vette Fest, Muscle car shows, and every once and a while the new car and proto-type Auto-Rama shows held there.  Always a very large show with lots of cars in attendance, and even some one-offs.    In fact I was at the Chicago show when Ford was first showing the Ford GT and also the 07 White and the black Shelby Mustang GTs that were just going to come out.   Also, there was the new shiny highly polished aluminum Shelby GR-1 displayed too at that time, it was super cool in my book!    Thanks for sharing all those cool pics for all of us to see!!!

Hey guys, just received my latest edition of Motortrend, March 2020 and on the cover is: Shelby GT500  VS  Corvette Z51 /  Yes, Really  Exclusive.....    Our favorite test driver; Randy Pobst will be putting both the two cars through their paces at Virginia International Raceway.  Randy is a two time class winner of the 24 hours of Daytona with more than 90 professional race wins.  Numerous automakers have hired Randy for his diagnostic and testing services as a dynamics consultant during vehicle development.   This next phrase is a qoute in Randy Pobst’s own words:  Forget Mustang VS. Camaro. Ford’s Shelby GT500 is ready to challenge Chevrolet’s Flagship C8 Corvette for Detroit Dominance.   Both these two cars are definitely different in their design, but there both great track cars in their handling and speed and were all lucky to have two great cars to pick from!  There is a price and horsepower difference between the two cars besides a complete different build and style, but they’ve both proven their more than capable out on the track!  It’s a pretty cool article about the two cars with other info too, so check it out if your interested to find out more...   I’m posting some highlights of the article on the comparisons between the two cars, so I hope you enjoy them!   :thumbsup:

Later guys!                                Mongoose      :peelout:

IMG_2887__1580021343_26741.jpg

IMG_2890__1580021555_14172.jpg

IMG_2891__1580021847_53656.jpg

IMG_2892__1580021949_42196.jpg

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:thumbsup:Also one very nasty engine too!   

Very nasty...…..:peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, just received my latest edition of Motortrend, March 2020 and on the cover is: Shelby GT500  VS  Corvette Z51 /  Yes, Really  Exclusive.....    Our favorite test driver; Randy Pobst will be putting both the two cars through their paces at Virginia International Raceway.  Randy is a two time class winner of the 24 hours of Daytona with more than 90 professional race wins.  Numerous automakers have hired Randy for his diagnostic and testing services as a dynamics consultant during vehicle development.   This next phrase is a qoute in Randy Pobst’s own words:  Forget Mustang VS. Camaro. Ford’s Shelby GT500 is ready to challenge Chevrolet’s Flagship C8 Corvette for Detroit Dominance.   Both these two cars are definitely different in their design, but there both great track cars in their handling and speed and were all lucky to have two great cars to pick from!  There is a price and horsepower difference between the two cars besides a complete different build and style, but they’ve both proven their more than capable out on the track!  It’s a pretty cool article about the two cars with other info too, so check it out if your interested to find out more...   I’m posting some highlights of the article on the comparisons between the two cars, so I hope you enjoy them!   :thumbsup:

Later guys!                                Mongoose      :peelout:

IMG_2887__1580021343_26741.jpg

IMG_2890__1580021555_14172.jpg

IMG_2891__1580021847_53656.jpg

IMG_2892__1580021949_42196.jpg

Read this on YouTube about a week ago it's real interesting...both car reach new heights but in different ways....thing is though there was only

1.2 seconds separating these two cars at the end and one of the cars has 255hp more...don't forget this was the full track pack GT500 Randy

tested...so when the Z06 comes along with way more HP than the Z51 C8 that 1.2 seconds will be made up and then some IMO....:peelout:

Great time at the track last night . The GTLM class is tight . With lest than 4 hours to go the BMW , Porsche and Corvette are nose to tail on the same lap #658.

Bonnie took the picture from the corvette display last night. The second picture I took with her back to the camera. Yep that’s me sitting in the car. They had 7 C8’s to look at. Really cool display set up in the fan zone  . Can’t load pictures for some reason. Already downsized them oh well  

So far the C8 is running strong and hopefully is saving a little for the last 30 minutes.

Noon today the race is back on NBC for the final checkered flag . Hope you are able to tune in  

got to get back to the track later ..

25E9361D-8BB6-4E68-983F-F59EF7F1F75A.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Read this on YouTube about a week ago it's real interesting...both car reach new heights but in different ways....thing is though there was only

1.2 seconds separating these two cars at the end and one of the cars has 255hp more...don't forget this was the full track pack GT500 Randy

tested...so when the Z06 comes along with way more HP than the Z51 C8 that 1.2 seconds will be made up and then some IMO....:peelout:

The 1.2 was the non CF GT500. 

40 minutes ago, svttim said:

The 1.2 was the non CF GT500. 

My bad you're right Tim was looking at the big winged GT500 in the pic....either way with a 255hp advantage is to much to make up in the straight

aways for a 495hp car but only added up to 1.2 seconds....like I said the Z06 will fix that in fine order...not only will it have way more hp than the Z51

but bigger rubber aero and beefier suspension...…...:peelout:

Agreed, The Mustang is not to compete with the Corvette. That's th Ford GT although, dont think we will see them much longer  

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Very nasty...…..:peelout:

:thumbsup:Yes sir!

Hey Keefer, I’m in total agreement with what you just posted, and yes I’m sure when the other more potent C8s start hitting the tracks they’ll be some of the very best out there.  255 more  horsepower in a car your competing with is a very huge advantage right off the start and for the C8 Z51 to be still that close to the Shelby GT 500  at the end of testing is actually damn good and a super buy in my book!   Their both really awesome cars, but for the difference in money, plus huge ADMS, me personally would go for the C8 Z51, just saying!   Also, if I’m being totally honest, I think the wave of the future for the Corvette and some other race cars is the mid-engine design and the C8 has proven this!   J.M.O.   I posted these informational pics so all you guys realize were car guys not just Corvette guys, we like all performance cars, especially cool fast Shelbys too!  P.S.  If I had a ton of disposable money for (BiG Boy Toys), the C8 Corvette and the 2020 Shelby GT500 would both be on my bucket list!    :worship:        P.S.  “Not until they both are offered with the manual trannys”!! :banghead:

Edited by Mongoose
change text

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Great time at the track last night . The GTLM class is tight . With lest than 4 hours to go the BMW , Porsche and Corvette are nose to tail on the same lap #658.

Bonnie took the picture from the corvette display last night. The second picture I took with her back to the camera. Yep that’s me sitting in the car. They had 7 C8’s to look at. Really cool display set up in the fan zone  

So far the C8 is running strong and hopefully is saving a little for the last 30 minutes.

Noon today the race is back on NBC for the final checkered flag . Hope you are able to tune in  

got to get back to the track later ..

9857C63A-8740-40DA-BF33-14E2C1FA7218.jpeg

ED6AE89C-A6C3-4966-96A0-67D7E9DA9B39.jpeg

25E9361D-8BB6-4E68-983F-F59EF7F1F75A.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, cool pics, especially the one with you in the White C8!   You look like your in 7th heaven and thumbs up, cool buddy!  Thanks for all the latest info and glad your having a good time, wish I was there!!    :peelout: