mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

41 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok when you get bored and no place to go. Yeah you power wash the 350 ft driveway and you put down pine straw . 3 days of working gets it done. 

A0078BF4-8AC4-4F84-BB67-1593C9315F28.jpeg

AAC0346B-5C37-4806-A428-1A96DD1CE575.jpeg

BORED ?????......You just bought a new C8 it's not raining and you're bored ??………….:headscratch:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

What ??…………..:shrug:

What????????   :shrug:      :headscratch:       :hysterical2:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok when you get bored and no place to go. Yeah you power wash the 350 ft driveway and you put down pine straw . 3 days of working gets it done. 

A0078BF4-8AC4-4F84-BB67-1593C9315F28.jpeg

AAC0346B-5C37-4806-A428-1A96DD1CE575.jpeg

Okay buddy, must be nice to have a 350 ft. driveway out of concrete, hell I got a 400 ft. driveway out of blacktop, the poor man’s driveway.   :hysterical:  But if your really bored I’ll let you come over and sealcoat my driveway by hand and that’s a real hoot for sure!   :doh:   :censored:       P.S.  I’ll event let you do all the crack filling if you have the time, now that’s what I call a real back-breaker and a hell of a lot of fun too!    Ya right!  :whistling:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

BORED ?????......You just bought a new C8 it's not raining and you're bored ??………….:headscratch:

That driveway looks long enough to do a few power burns and some nice black hooks too with the C8, then it will need another power wash to keep him busy and from getting bored. Then if he’s still bored he could give his big land-cruiser at the end of the driveway a good wash and wax too....   That should keep our buddy, Slo Lane busy for a while as he lets that nice C8 sit and as he’s trying very hard not to reach that 500 mile break-in mark...    Hmmmm, I’ll give him credit, he’s trying pretty hard.  :hysterical:   :whistling:

Hey guys, I just received my latest MOTORTREND mag. May 2020 and in it was a number of good articles and info, but the one that I really found interesting was Angus MacKenzie’s column: The Big Picture.   The article: General Motors: The Incredible Shrinking Automaker.   General Motors invented the modern automobile company and GM was founded in 1908. Henry Ford was the Bill Gates of the era, but Gm’s Alfred Sloan was in many ways the era’s Steve Jobs. He managed to make by adding form to function that helped make the automobile more than mere transport, that it could transform need into desire. GM didn’t just pioneer the auto design studio, but also the electric self-starter and automatic transmission too. GM also did the research on the catalytic converter and also the airbag. GM was also experimenting with electric and also autonomous drive systems before Elon Musk was ever born. GM was also helped design and engineer the only car to have ever driven on the moon too.  For almost 80 years General Motors bestrode the automotive landscape like a colossus, but no more! GM had held the top spot on the Fortune 500 list for more than three decades.   When GM CEO Charles “Engine Charlie” Wilson said in 1953 that he thought what was good for the country was good for General Motors-and, more famously, vice versa-it was simply accepted as fact. No more.  GM crashed into bankruptcy on June 1,2009, the global financial crisis dealing a mortal blow to a company weakened by years of institutional arrogance and inept leadership.   There was a recent announcement that GM is to shut down it’s Australian design, engineering, and sales operations in 2021-and retire the iconic Holden brand.

GM largely has itself to blame, of course. but it’s still sad to see the easy confidence and vaulting ambition that enabled Harley Earl’s rocket-age styling.  Ed Cole’s small-block V-8, Zora Arkus-Duntov’s Corvette, and a thousand other exciting products.  And also, other innovations that transformed the automotive age is no more.    

General Motors once stood as an ambitious leader in the automotive landscape, embodied by, among others, Harley Earl, shown in the picture that I posted with his; Firebird I, Firebird II, and Firebird III.  Sadly the GM that enabled his kind of iconic leadership no longer exists.   Very sad to see all these cool innovative ideas and designs be gone forever.  Hope everyone enjoyed this very informative article on how some things and ideas came about back in the day, or like I like to say; The Good Old Days!!!     Old guys still Rule!!!  :thumbsup:  Just teasing guys.

Enjoy the very cool, Harley Earl’s Firebirds!    :worship:

IMG_3102__1585371355_28199.jpg

Mongoose forget the past and all the ego maniacs that ran GM into a ditch .

GM has most of the patents when it comes to EV technology today. Finally a women in charge without a hugh ego  . When it comes to EV don’t count them out. They have partnered in battery production and will have the advance technology to move forward. The old farts are gone and new blood rule GM now. Mark Reuss  is a car guy. Stay tuned for a new GM. 

1AAAD2D1-E4D6-40C4-9310-02EF24536A7D.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Good morning all ...:reading:    Ok the clean driveway makes the C8 look better...don’t yah think 🤔 

EBDA5526-B0EF-425C-9A17-431E75417215.jpeg

C8CD9DB2-A8BB-4A00-95A0-251511D90AA5.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Okay buddy, must be nice to have a 350 ft. driveway out of concrete, hell I got a 400 ft. driveway out of blacktop, the poor man’s driveway.   :hysterical:  But if your really bored I’ll let you come over and sealcoat my driveway by hand and that’s a real hoot for sure!   :doh:   :censored:       P.S.  I’ll event let you do all the crack filling if you have the time, now that’s what I call a real back-breaker and a hell of a lot of fun too!    Ya right!  :whistling:

Oh I forgot this section also. Maybe 400 feet after all. Lots of room for burn outs. ....:hysterical2:

04087DCC-BD62-41E8-8445-CC6A3122128D.jpeg

A long enough driveway to at least hit 85mph with the C8 eh Goose ?...…...:hysterical:

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

You can’t drive it 16 hours a day. ....:hysterical2: all the car cruises have been canceled..which I don’t blame them. Not much happening around our neck of the woods. HD has lines to get in so can’t go there. What are you guys and gals doing for fun these days ?  I know Mongoose is waxing his Lincoln lead sled. ......:hysterical:

Boy I can smell that hot tar now.  ......:doh:   

no thanks. Bud. 

True story ( just now )

I’m on a 2 lane road holding 3rd gear and putting the power down up to 4500 rpm. Putting some pressure on the cylinders. Behind me a white BMW 2 series keeping up with me. Come up to the light.turn left the BMW gets held up. Now on a 4 lane road road and the BMW catches up. Doing around 38mph in a 40 and pulls next to me thumbs up ( cool guy all smiles ) Then he floors it takes off. 5 seconds later  ....Oh no a cop comes speeding around me hits his lights and pulls over the BMW. Felt sorry for him he was probably doing 55 in a 40. This car brings out the speeding urge in people. Obviously none of us saw the cop. This car gets a ton of attention and lots of people in their pickups go speeding by me all the time. Yeah you are fast now slow down. Crazy behavior in a heavy patrolled cop area. I guess I’m doing my part to keep the city in the black. ....:hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

True story ( just now )

I’m on a 2 lane road holding 3rd gear and putting the power down up to 4500 rpm. Putting some pressure on the cylinders. Behind me a white BMW 2 series keeping up with me. Come up to the light.turn left the BMW gets held up. Now on a 4 lane road road and the BMW catches up. Doing around 38mph in a 40 and pulls next to me thumbs up ( cool guy all smiles ) Then he floors it takes off. 5 seconds later  ....Oh no a cop comes speeding around me hits his lights and pulls over the BMW. Felt sorry for him he was probably doing 55 in a 40. This car brings out the speeding urge in people. Obviously none of us saw the cop. This car gets a ton of attention and lots of people in their pickups go speeding by me all the time. Yeah you are fast now slow down. Crazy behavior in a heavy patrolled cop area. I guess I’m doing my part to keep the city in the black. ....:hysterical2:

Yup not a good idea at all to floor it in an area like that Mach...glad you didn't bite or you both would have been stopped...the C8 will bring out the

challenges for sure.

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

You can’t drive it 16 hours a day. ....:hysterical2: all the car cruises have been canceled..which I don’t blame them. Not much happening around our neck of the woods. HD has lines to get in so can’t go there. What are you guys and gals doing for fun these days ?  I know Mongoose is waxing his Lincoln lead sled. ......:hysterical:

Why NOT ???...…….:hysterical2: …………..Was out earlier with the SxS turbo but getting muddy as hell in some of those trails this time of year as we don't have

much frost in the ground and the sun is getting pretty strong these days.

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Oh I forgot this section also. Maybe 400 feet after all. Lots of room for burn outs. ....:hysterical2:

04087DCC-BD62-41E8-8445-CC6A3122128D.jpeg

:peelout:

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose forget the past and all the ego maniacs that ran GM into a ditch .

GM has most of the patents when it comes to EV technology today. Finally a women in charge without a hugh ego  . When it comes to EV don’t count them out. They have partnered in battery production and will have the advance technology to move forward. The old farts are gone and new blood rule GM now. Mark Reuss  is a car guy. Stay tuned for a new GM. 

1AAAD2D1-E4D6-40C4-9310-02EF24536A7D.jpeg

Hey bud, got ya and totally understand what your trying to say.   It’s a totally new regime at GM now with new ideas and the electrification era is going to be huge in the very near future, so Gm has to stay at the very top of the game and keep looking into the future.   But, in defense of some of those, so called (Old Farts) like Harley Earl, I really love the designs of his very cool and futuristic looking  “Firebirds”.   A designer coming out with cars like those at that time is just simply amazing, I would have loved to have a in-depth conversation with  a designer with his talent, just saying!    :worship:

10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

A long enough driveway to at least hit 85mph with the C8 eh Goose ?...…...:hysterical:

Hey Keefer, I think that could be very do-able, but I think Slo Lane would have to lay down some plastic and napkins on the C8s driver’s seat before he try its!!!    :hysterical:  :hide:     :whistling:

Hey Slo Lane, don’t try and turn the spot-light on me, your the one that still needs to put more miles on your C8 to reach those 500 miles for break-in, you sure are really trying hard not to accomplish that milestone, what’s up with that?????   :shrug:     Hey bud, it’s way past time to drop the Lincoln joke, it was sent to the crusher last year to be recycled for who knows what.  In fact the last time I saw it, it was a big bale of metal pieces.  Hey, I thought you said the C8 is really comfortable and a real driver’s car and would be a great car on a long trip, so with that said, what’s your excuse now???????   :headscratch:       :yup: 

Boy I can smell that hot tar now.  ......:doh:   

no thanks. Bud. 

Yes, after a while the smell can really get to ya, and the sealer can splash really easy when your stirring or pouring it.   Also it can be really fun to get off your clothes or shoes.   Really not something we look forward to do every 3 or 4 years.    :drop:

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

True story ( just now )

Hey bud, yes I feel a little sorry for that guy, he was really just admiring your cool car and then he got the urge to push it a little.  I know you and I in the past probably have done this a few times our selfs, but were older and wiser now and not full of so much, excuse my comment, (piss & vinegar) any more.   :hysterical:  Also, considering all the hype and hoopla that surrounded the new C8 coming out, plus all the ads, comments, and magazines touting the 0 to 60 times of 3 secs or less, I really can’t blame him.  He just wanted to be up close and personable.:hysterical2:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yup not a good idea at all to floor it in an area like that Mach...glad you didn't bite or you both would have been stopped...the C8 will bring out the

challenges for sure.

Hey guys, when your driving a really cool sports car, especially if it’s red, you’ll usually attract all the young hot rodders and also the gum-balls too..     :peelout:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Why NOT ???...…….:hysterical2: …………..Was out earlier with the SxS turbo but getting muddy as hell in some of those trails this time of year as we don't have

much frost in the ground and the sun is getting pretty strong these days.

Hey Keefer, how about sending some of that beautiful sun my way and I’ll promise to send it back when I’m done with it.  :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, how about sending some of that beautiful sun my way and I’ll promise to send it back when I’m done with it.  :thumbsup:

I'll get right on that Goose!!……...:raining:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I'll get right on that Goose!!……...:raining:

:happyfeet: Thanks bud!        :)

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Good morning all ...:reading:    Ok the clean driveway makes the C8 look better...don’t yah think 🤔 

EBDA5526-B0EF-425C-9A17-431E75417215.jpeg

C8CD9DB2-A8BB-4A00-95A0-251511D90AA5.jpeg

:thumbsup:  :yup:

Morning all. ...:reading:  hope you all are doing fine.  Mongoose I will sent you some sun tomorrow. Wax on wax off on that lead sled Lincoln. Keith did you run into Bigfoot yesterday. Teach him how to ride one of your bombs. Spring has hit Atlanta area. Had the AC on already..Glad I sold my black car because the pollen is horrible. It’s like baking flour except yellow. Gets on everything. Got to find another house project soon.

Tes hows the green monster doing  ?  Anybody get anything interesting recently? New rides are always welcome....:play: Boom anything new with the C7 ZL1 ?  

4A0FF27B-8F64-449E-B6D9-B0F455AF3C5A.jpeg

4C513C12-BDE2-4511-B77A-826012B82F6B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

34 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Morning all. ...:reading:  hope you all are doing fine.  Mongoose I sent you some sun tomorrow. Wax on wax off on that lead sled Lincoln. Keith did you run into Bigfoot yesterday. Teach him how to ride one of your bombs. Spring has hit Atlanta area. Had the AC on already..Glad I sold my black car because the pollen is horrible. It’s like baking flour except yellow. Gets on everything. Got to find another house project soon.

Tes hows the green monster doing  ?  Anybody get anything interesting recently? New rides are always welcome....:play: Boom anything new with the C7 ZL1 ?  

4A0FF27B-8F64-449E-B6D9-B0F455AF3C5A.jpeg

4C513C12-BDE2-4511-B77A-826012B82F6B.jpeg

No never saw him he's way closer to civilisation than where I live...……:hysterical: ……..Yes ride report Tes ??….I wish Boomer would post a pic of his GT500

he's already showed his ZR1...……..:peelout:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

No never saw him he's way closer to civilisation than where I live...……:hysterical: ……..Yes ride report Tes ??….I wish Boomer would post a pic of his GT500

he's already showed his ZR1...……..:peelout:

Yes Boomer lets see some GT500 pictures. 

The C8 taken in this low position doesn’t do the car any justice. Some cars in certain angles cut off sections of the cars body.  This makes it look weird imo.  This is one of them. Since we are not 3 feet tall this isn’t an image we see at the dealership. We have all heard the statement “ the car looks much better in person “

82759980-9BCB-4BB0-A3BD-D0D5D0DCAE2D.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, got ya and totally understand what your trying to say.   It’s a totally new regime at GM now with new ideas and the electrification era is going to be huge in the very near future, so Gm has to stay at the very top of the game and keep looking into the future.   But, in defense of some of those, so called (Old Farts) like Harley Earl, I really love the designs of his very cool and futuristic looking  “Firebirds”.   A designer coming out with cars like those at that time is just simply amazing, I would have loved to have a in-depth conversation with  a designer with his talent, just saying!    :worship:

Don’t forget the designer of the C2 and Boss 302. Mr Larry Shinoda 

8879E10B-66CE-41B7-90D4-B19EBA3D6040.jpeg