mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The C8 taken in this low position doesn’t do the car any justice. Some cars in certain angles cut off sections of the cars body.  This makes it look weird imo.  This is one of them. Since we are not 3 feet tall this isn’t an image we see at the dealership. We have all heard the statement “ the car looks much better in person “

82759980-9BCB-4BB0-A3BD-D0D5D0DCAE2D.jpeg

I like it Mach....:shrug: ...However black don't do that car justice as it does hide some of the gorgeous lines IMO....a colour like red or orange really

project those beautiful lines like it does on the GT500 and Hellcat and any other muscle or sports car...JMO!!

38 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Don’t forget the designer of the C2 and Boss 302. Mr Larry Shinoda 

8879E10B-66CE-41B7-90D4-B19EBA3D6040.jpeg

A legend in the original muscle car era for sure......:rockon:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Kind of like Mongoose ....a legend in his own mind............:hysterical2:

Well here is the young kid.  The Speed Phenom. Remember he had the 2020 Shelby GT500. Well he’s at it again . He put 500 miles on her in one day and it’s been 17 days and I’m not there yet. 

Oh well here yah go   0 to 60  yep 2.8 seconds 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAOkdeXQI8

Edited by mach 1 1970

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Don’t forget the designer of the C2 and Boss 302. Mr Larry Shinoda 

8879E10B-66CE-41B7-90D4-B19EBA3D6040.jpeg

Hey bud, don’t worry, the great designer, Larry Shinoda who was greatly involved with designs like, the 69 & 70 Boss mustangs, 63 Split-Window Corvette StingRay and a few others will never be forgotten by those of us who love cool cars.  :rating:  I’m a big fan of Mr. Larry Shinoda and a couple of his best and most famous designs came out while he was working for both GM &  Ford.   He’ll go down in my book as one of the all-time best designers, bar non.   Larry Shinoda, like Carroll Shelby are gone but will never be for gotten for those of us who love our cars.    :thumbsup:  :worship:

Well here is the young kid.  The Speed Phenom. Remember he had the 2020 Shelby GT500. Well he’s at it again . He put 500 miles on her in one day and it’s been 17 days and I’m not there yet. 

Wow..a 2.8 0-60 is exactly what the Chev guys said it would do.... that young guy don't spare his cars and kudos to him driving it like you stole it attitude

and a great review of the C8....like we said here before the perf bang for the buck here is incredible and the looks speak for itself...this guy flew to pick

it up at the factory because of C-19 and didn't want to wait...thanks for posting this Mach never saw it yet.....:peelout:

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Morning all. ...:reading:  hope you all are doing fine.  Mongoose I will sent you some sun tomorrow. Wax on wax off on that lead sled Lincoln. Keith did you run into Bigfoot yesterday. Teach him how to ride one of your bombs. Spring has hit Atlanta area. Had the AC on already..Glad I sold my black car because the pollen is horrible. It’s like baking flour except yellow. Gets on everything. Got to find another house project soon.

Tes hows the green monster doing  ?  Anybody get anything interesting recently? New rides are always welcome....:play: Boom anything new with the C7 ZL1 ?  

4A0FF27B-8F64-449E-B6D9-B0F455AF3C5A.jpeg

4C513C12-BDE2-4511-B77A-826012B82F6B.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, sounds like your getting bored again, if I was you I’d take that C8 out for a nice ride and try to put some more miles on her and blow of that yellow pollen that’s clinging to your “Lady in Red” so you get the full effect of your ride.  Crank up the music and play your favorite car cruising tunes while taking your lady for a spin, is there much of a better way to relax than that?   Now go out and getter-done.    :happyfeet:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

No never saw him he's way closer to civilisation than where I live...……:hysterical: ……..Yes ride report Tes ??….I wish Boomer would post a pic of his GT500

he's already showed his ZR1...……..:peelout:

:thumbsup:+1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The C8 taken in this low position doesn’t do the car any justice. Some cars in certain angles cut off sections of the cars body.  This makes it look weird imo.  This is one of them. Since we are not 3 feet tall this isn’t an image we see at the dealership. We have all heard the statement “ the car looks much better in person “

82759980-9BCB-4BB0-A3BD-D0D5D0DCAE2D.jpeg

Hey bud, I hate to disagree with you, but I really feel that my wife and I have a pretty good eye of what looks cool, just saying.  Also, you know I’m not really a fan of black wheels, but we think this pick looks absolutely awesome, especially from the angle it was taken at.   You know I love the color RED, but Black when it’s clean and very shinny is a great color too and hard to beat.   We all have opinions and that’s cool, but this is ours, just saying.     :whistling:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I like it Mach....:shrug: ...However black don't do that car justice as it does hide some of the gorgeous lines IMO....a colour like red or orange really

project those beautiful lines like it does on the GT500 and Hellcat and any other muscle or sports car...JMO!!

Hey guys, I think that’s pretty cool that we all have a little bit of difference in our opinions on that gorgeous Black C8.  That’s nice we can vary on what we think and still respect one another’s opinions.     :thumbsup:

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:00 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Morning all. ...:reading:  hope you all are doing fine.  Mongoose I will sent you some sun tomorrow. Wax on wax off on that lead sled Lincoln. Keith did you run into Bigfoot yesterday. Teach him how to ride one of your bombs. Spring has hit Atlanta area. Had the AC on already..Glad I sold my black car because the pollen is horrible. It’s like baking flour except yellow. Gets on everything. Got to find another house project soon.

Tes hows the green monster doing  ?  Anybody get anything interesting recently? New rides are always welcome....:play: Boom anything new with the C7 ZL1 ?  

4A0FF27B-8F64-449E-B6D9-B0F455AF3C5A.jpeg

4C513C12-BDE2-4511-B77A-826012B82F6B.jpeg

Doing GREAT.  I love being back in a Mustang.  All the Factory Stripes have been removed. 

34 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Doing GREAT.  I love being back in a Mustang.  All the Factory Stripes have been removed. 

Take a pic and show us the stripe delete version....glad you're enjoying your new Mustang Tes………...:peelout:

38 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Well so far they have only made about 2750 C8’s for 2020. The plant shut down and there is no word on future opening just yet. 

2 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Take a pic and show us the stripe delete version....glad you're enjoying your new Mustang Tes………...:peelout:

Yeah pictures pictures pictures...please.

Well so far they have only made about 2750 C8’s for 2020. The plant shut down and there is no word on future opening just yet. 

Since the 2021 Order Bank opens in May, that means yours will be obsolete very soon so, I will give you $49,102.38 for yours...…..after all, I have to factor in Depreciation for being a USED and ABUSED Car.  Let me know by 12:22pm today (EST) or I will drop my Offer to $45,652.27.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Since the 2021 Order Bank opens in May, that means yours will be obsolete very soon so, I will give you $49,102.38 for yours...…..after all, I have to factor in Depreciation for being a USED and ABUSED Car.  Let me know by 12:22pm today (EST) or I will drop my Offer to $45,652.27.  :whistling:

Ok I’m thinking about it real hard..:headscratch:...... .......NOT.

To be honest I could probably get $90K but not interested in making a buck. Waited to long for this sucker. It’s everything they said it would be for $72K out the door. I wish it came with miles on her ....:rockon:

8387F16B-A588-442D-825A-87EA783FF37C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

54 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok I’m thinking about it real hard..:headscratch:...... .......NOT.

To be honest I could probably get $90K but not interested in making a buck. Waited to long for this sucker. It’s everything they said it would be for $72K out the door. I wish it came with miles on her ....:rockon:

8387F16B-A588-442D-825A-87EA783FF37C.jpeg

OK, so, you're saying there is a chance you will sell it to me at  $45,652.27......OK, good to know. :yahoo:

On 3/30/2020 at 10:59 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Actually the interior is the best yet for a corvette with the 2LT. Very roomy and rich accents all around. Radio is awesome with 14 speakers and 1 year XM radio. and it’s got a data recorder for street or track. Lots of cool features come standard. 

C7BF617A-20E5-4B29-92A4-29BC36F876B9.jpeg

Black int can't be beat IMO...….:rockon:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hear ya go...................

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks really good with those rims. Me likey. Ford did an excellent job on the 2019 mustang in my book. Fastback looks amazing. Kind of like a 6 series BMW. 

Anyone else on here have one ? Hey Tim lets see your car . There must be more especially the 2020 GT500. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now these pictures pop the colour looks deeper than the dealers pics Tes...like Mach I like the machine finished wheels and also like it better

without the stripes...….:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Now these pictures pop the colour looks deeper than the dealers pics Tes...like Mach I like the machine finished wheels and also like it better

without the stripes...….:thumbsup:

Thanks.  Not sure why they would put Silver Stripes on it.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, svtkeith said:

On 3/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

Kind of like Mongoose ....a legend in his own mind............:hysterical2:

:thumbsup:  Exactly!   Kudos to you, you finally got it right!    :hysterical:  

On 3/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey bud, the kid didn’t just drive the car around the block and stuff it back in his garage to look at it and take pictures like some body else we know, hummm.  When he wanted to break it in at 500 miles he wasn’t just whistling dixy he meant it and did it.  You gotta respect that and give the kid kudos for doing what he say’s.  Little by little he’s making me follow him and getting some respect at such a young age.   The kid wins this one hands down.   :thumbsup:   :hysterical:

16 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Hey Kermit, it’s looking real “Green”, I might just need my shades.    :cool:

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

14 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Hey Kermit, that sounds pretty fair especially when he didn’t even manage to get 500 miles on her and yes you’ll have to take off some depreciation for the used and abused stuff.  Yes, that sounds like a pretty good offer to me....     :whistling:       :hysterical2:         :hide:

On 3/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, svtkeith said:

Wow..a 2.8 0-60 is exactly what the Chev guys said it would do.... that young guy don't spare his cars and kudos to him driving it like you stole it attitude

and a great review of the C8....like we said here before the perf bang for the buck here is incredible and the looks speak for itself...this guy flew to pick

it up at the factory because of C-19 and didn't want to wait...thanks for posting this Mach never saw it yet.....:peelout:

Hey Keefer, that kid is the real deal, he’s gained my respect and he’s alright in my book.   :thumbsup: