mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

Mongoose...here you go. The interior is a bit below average compared to the 18 mustang. Love the supercharged whine. Engine all stock no mods and will stay that way with 1998 miles. The cold air filter does draw air from the hood scoop. How much not sure .

Sorry Mongoose no swim suit model this time.

6CA9F768-2567-4110-A4B8-01B72ADC3145.jpeg

EA42F092-A752-432C-8372-8F99FD0C68F3.jpeg

87370ED1-82B5-4491-AD59-DE0920965B33.jpeg

DA60DA30-D09E-4621-9A9F-58B63A1F5150.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2

This is a Corvette thread, right????

I installed the skip shift delete wire on the C7 yesterday. One of the most ridiculous features I’ve ever seen. It’s a giant PITA when you drive as slow as I do. ;) 

Took the wind right outta Sean’s sails in that last sentence. :headspin: 

Your new KR is drop dead gorgeous Slow Lane!! :drool::worship: 

Maybe Sean will let Laurie do a photo op with it someday? :lurk: 

• Like 1

Sorry guyz just no new C8 mule shots recently. ...so just keep the stories coming.

Mongoose this is not wild kingdom or animal planet. Ace is the place with the helpful cat.:whistling:

Anyone remember Wild kingdom from the 60’s. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...here you go. The interior is a bit below average compared to the 18 mustang. Love the supercharged whine. Engine all stock no mods and will stay that way with 1998 miles. The cold air filter does draw air from the hood scoop. How much not sure .

Kudos to you sir for selecting a Shelby instead of an old man’s car..…and I commend thee for choosing it in the best color combo as well. Dare I say, it looks almost as good as my Vista Blue SGT….. Nice car and happy motoring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sorry guyz just no new C8 mule shots recently. ...so just keep the stories coming.

Mongoose this is not wild kingdom or animal planet. Ace is the place with the helpful cat.:whistling:

Anyone remember Wild kingdom from the 60’s. 

Mutual of Omaha-great show, watched it all the time as a kid. Then when I first went in to the work force after college whenever  we had a jerk manager, if we were given an assignment that he should be doing himself we always said among ourselves “meanwhile Jim wrestles the anaconda below”……..frikkin Marlin always in the helicopter..........

Mhr1961.......Thank you sir and you sir have excellent choice in colors and Shelby’s. Always liked the looks of a 08 SGT in vista blue with silver stripes. Post a few pictures when you can.

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

I was running an errand this morning and two of these were in the turn lane next to me. On the way back this one was still running around the neighborhood. The trailers are brand-spanking-new with Detroit Diesel Test Vehicle stamped on them. Trucks all looked like this

20180727_111733_01.JPG.364b673d3cbf00cb7d86406d04afbef0.JPG

Just like all of the photos in the press about the new Corvette, trucks require testing too!

Note: It's 105* when I took this so they are probably doing testing in high temp city driving.

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

Ahhhh....I’m quite partial to the VB myself! :wub: 

image2 (10)

And you sir have the same good taste as mhr1961 in colors and the special edition by Saleen. Ok stop this formal stuff. One cool ass car Chris.....:hat_tip:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

And you sir have the same good taste as mhr1961 in colors and the special edition by Saleen. Ok stop this formal stuff. One cool ass car Chris.....:hat_tip:

:hysterical: 

thank you Mike. 

• Like 1

I received these for the GT350. Only problem is the wheels are gonna need to come off to pop out the stock caps. I tried my Garmin windshield suction cup and it’s not strong enuf to remove em. :cry: 

This job is for another day...

Edit- Note they used stock ford cap blanks......they oughtta fit real nice :thumbsup: 

43632300042_de3e8cecec_b.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slow Lane......I sure hope you ain’t driving around with that battery charger sitting next to that SC belt!!!! :fear::drop: 

:hysterical2: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

I received these for the GT350. Only problem is the wheels are gonna need to come off to pop out the stock caps. I tried my Garmin windshield suction cup and it’s not strong enuf to remove em. :cry: 

Edit- Note they used stock ford cap blanks......they oughtta fit real nice :thumbsup: 

no need to remove the wheels, a pry bar and a good smack with a hammer will pop those OEM caps right off...………….

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

no need to remove the wheels, a pry bar and a good smack with a hammer will pop those OEM caps right off...………….

The stock caps fit like a glove and are recessed. NO WAY IN HE, DOUBLE HOCKEY STIX I’m damaging either the rim OR the stock caps. 

• Like 1

I’m dropping this here, as I am totally done with the rest of this site. Plus, the guys here will appreciate it. You know who you are. 

My long time high school bud wrote this when his little buddy passed away. And I didn’t know of it till I lost Coz.  He emailed it to me a month after Coz was gone..... :cry: 

If #11 doesn’t bring a tear to your eye, your not a pet owner....OR human. 

BBAFC640-66CD-4255-91A8-D731E25B6F84.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎26 at 4:57 PM, Mongoose said:

Hey guys & gals,  you all posted some pretty cool and I must say some "Hot Pics" and I better leave it at that!!!:thumbsup:      Actually, Ford came out in 1968 with the very powerful 428 Cobra Jet in the KR and I think this is when they really started beating the competition in the Drags!:thumbsup:  

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

You guys must be forgetting the 63-64  Ford Thunderbolt 427?....those were pretty good drag racers...….:shrug:

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎26 at 7:19 PM, shelby001 said:

Ya saw that one a while ago they want way too much but it is nice car.

Yeah agreed Jim way over priced.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

The stock caps fit like a glove and are recessed. NO WAY IN HE, DOUBLE HOCKEY STIX I’m damaging either the rim OR the stock caps. 

it was a joke.....

7 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I installed the skip shift delete wire on the C7 yesterday. One of the most ridiculous features I’ve ever seen. It’s a giant PITA when you drive as slow as I do. ;) 

Yup had that in my 97 Ram Air Trans Am and you're right the most useless feature.....well next to the heated seats in a Vette that is.....:doh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

I’m dropping this here, as I am totally done with the rest of this site. Plus, the guys here will appreciate it. You know who you are. 

My long time high school bud wrote this when his little buddy passed away. And I didn’t know of it till I lost Coz.  He emailed it to me a month after Coz was gone..... :cry: 

Very touching words BB and dead on the money.....#11 is tough...I know...….:cry:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Wow, they're still using that skip shift on the C7's? :drop:

That was one of the first mods I did on my C4. :yup:

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Getting excited....flying to Lost Wages Sundee night. Doing the tour of the “Mother Ship” Mondee morning. :happyfeet: 

I’ll be spending my money in the gift shop and NOT on the strip with the one armed bandits. 

I hope to see the shop. That’s the most interesting to me. :rockon:  Maybe I’ll see the ghost of ole #5671 there... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

You guys must be forgetting the 63-64  Ford Thunderbolt 427?....those were pretty good drag racers...….:shrug:

Can you register those or were they competition off-road only vehicles?

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

:baby:

:doh:

showcar.jpg

Edited by Secondo

13 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Getting excited....flying to Lost Wages Sundee night. Doing the tour of the “Mother Ship” Mondee morning. :happyfeet: 

I’ll be spending my money in the gift shop and NOT on the strip with the one armed bandits. 

I hope to see the shop. That’s the most interesting to me. :rockon:  Maybe I’ll see the ghost of ole #5671 there... 

Enjoy your time at Shelby. It’s definitely worth your time. 

I was was there last Saturday. I missed the tour, but the museum and gift shop were great. Have fun.

Kevin

Edited by kevin
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Secondo said:

Can you register those or were they competition off-road only vehicles?

Not sure Sean...as long as they had a vin # you cold put them on the roads in these parts especially back in the 60's.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Enjoy your time in Vegas BB....:thumbsup:

• Like 1