mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey Goose, how many miles on Mama Goose’s Cougar? Did ya sell it yet? Can ya post the particulars? :lurk: 

Hey Chris,  you wouldn't believe it by looking at it, but my wife's Cougar has around 189,000 original miles on it!  Still has the original paint on it, and it wasn't clear coated from the factory and we always store it in winter.  If I remember right, the original engine was rebuilt at around 53,000 miles under Warranty at the selling Dealer and my brother in-law was working there at that time.   It was rebuilt due to a little piston slap noise.  I also worked for that same Dealer later on.  Just with in this last year we had the driver's seat totally redone and also the arm rest.  We also this year had the Heater Core replaced and also the Dryer hose and some misc. hoses.  It's powered by the 5.0 Litre and auto on the column, digital gauges, power accessories, cool stock rims, "Gold", like the GT Mustangs had in 87.   There were a total of 5,002 , 20th Anniversary Cougars made with a little over 800 going to Canada.   We need the garage space so the car is for sale but we don't  have it currently listed for sale any where!  P.S. There is a cool site for info called "Cool Cats" !  All mechanical work was done by a professional Ford and Mercury Mechanic who is a good friend of mine!  :)    Later!

"GOOSE"                :peelout:

23 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I'd love to do that with my boys problem is my oldest lives 4 hours from me....:cry: ….My youngest lives only 5 mins from me but both of them are involved

heavy in their careers....my oldest is an engineer in management for Exxon Mobil and my youngest is a Millwright in a local fish oil processing plant but both

are car lovers for sure....geez wonder where they got that from...……..:hysterical:

Hey Keefer, it sounds like you and your wife brought your sons up well!  If I had two boys that would sound fun to do, hey, I know, how about you and Pitch building one together! :hysterical2::hide:         Later!             "GOOSE"      :peelout:

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Being from Detroit back in the 60’s the pay was great $3.50 hr ( $27 hr today ) working in an assembly plant for ford. I was fresh out of high school and had the summer free before college. The problem was you had to be 18. So I created fake I’d showing I was 18. During the hiring process I noticed if you were called into room B you were hired.  So I got up and went and sat in that room. The guy comes in later in the day and asked my name and said follow me. Got the job working in the boring transmission plant In Livonia mich. I started working the day shift and later in the day the Forman said report tomorrow at 3:30 pm. What ?  I found out I was now working this horrible boring job on the afternoon shift. I asked one of the guys how long it took him to get on the day shift...he said 13 years. There goes my social life and girls and all. When my dad found out I was working there he blew up.....you are not working there with fake ID. He said if I got hurt you could cause a ton of problems. My dad worked for ford at the engineering dept at Dearborn. Looking back at it I’m glad I quit after one week. But the money was soooo good. But such a boring job looking at all those transmissions parts all day long. The plant was hugh the formans used bikes to get around . I was working on a broach machine turning out parts. Needless to say that job never went on my resume in the future lol  ? 

Boy when you are 17 you really do stupid things. Not going to even talk about racing on the streets around Woodward ave @ age 17.

0081033A-CB43-4C76-8AFE-55B69860B8F1.jpeg

9D015F25-968E-4D3A-8CD6-8C5683DC1559.jpeg

Hey Slow Lane, You must of been quite a character in those days to do that!  You possibly could have got your Dad in trouble with that fake I.D. stuff!  My Dad probably would of almost killed me for that!!  LOL   Hey, I'm totally with ya on playing on the streets late at night jumping over the railroad tracks side by side and a shower of sparks a flying!   Stupid things young guys do when powered by barley pops and fast cars, not a good combination!  Funny how we changed and then look back!  :)    Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

42 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

I don't like the "bare naked ladies".  Every original Cobra was painted!

The Kirkham crowd (which these are) started it.  They are a nightmare to keep up.  10x worse than black paint.  There was one of the Shelby 50th Anniversary cars at the Barrett Jackson auction that the Mothers guys were working on that was supposed to go to the Hillbank display.  That afternoon it disappeared under a cover. The head Mothers guy said they didn't have the time or the materials to polish it. 

Hey Man, you hit it right out of the ball park on this one!   The highly polished (on painted cars) are very hard to maintain whether real cars or even diecast models!!  P.S But, just like Black, there stunning when just polished!

Later!            "MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

22 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

My latest project is all done. I’ve been working on this for months. 

I bought a blank BOSS 302 intake plenum ID plate. It took me forever (3 months) to find a trophy shop that could duplicate the “odd” font on the chassis #. After he laser etched it last week for me, I had to manufacture a mounting plate for it, as the console is curved where it mounts. Very similar to the same model year Shelby GT500 CSM plates. 

Here’s the motor plate....

42098212570_4645c133b7_b.jpg

.......and the final install

43153089345_265effc65c_b.jpg

43340717534_be7a55b9cd_b.jpg

That looks like the perfect fit BB! Awesome!

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris,  you wouldn't believe it by looking at it, but my wife's Cougar has around 189,000 original miles on it!  Still has the original paint on it, and it wasn't clear coated from the factory and we always store it in winter.  If I remember right, the original engine was rebuilt at around 53,000 miles under Warranty at the selling Dealer and my brother in-law was working there at that time.   It was rebuilt due to a little piston slap noise.  I also worked for that same Dealer later on.  Just with in this last year we had the driver's seat totally redone and also the arm rest.  We also this year had the Heater Core replaced and also the Dryer hose and some misc. hoses.  It's powered by the 5.0 Litre and auto on the column, digital gauges, power accessories, cool stock rims, "Gold", like the GT Mustangs had in 87.   There were a total of 5,002 , 20th Anniversary Cougars made with a little over 800 going to Canada.   We need the garage space so the car is for sale but we don't  have it currently listed for sale any where!  P.S. There is a cool site for info called "Cool Cats" !  All mechanical work was done by a professional Ford and Mercury Mechanic who is a good friend of mine!  :)    Later!

Hey Keefer, it sounds like you and your wife brought your sons up well!  If I had two boys that would sound fun to do, hey, I know, how about you and Pitch building one together! :hysterical2::hide:         Later!             "GOOSE"      :peelout:

Thanks Goose they are good young men and never gave us one bit of problems....guess they take after Pitch!!!!………..:hysterical2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

43726243752_764bc6e50f_b.jpg

That car would be so cool with black wheels!  :peelout:

3 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

I don't like the "bare naked ladies".  Every original Cobra was painted!

The Kirkham crowd (which these are) started it.  They are a nightmare to keep up.  10x worse than black paint.  There was one of the Shelby 50th Anniversary cars at the Barrett Jackson auction that the Mothers guys were working on that was supposed to go to the Hillbank display.  That afternoon it disappeared under a cover. The head Mothers guy said they didn't have the time or the materials to polish it. 

Tony, that car (as well as the other polished ones sitting by it) were completely swirled, smudged and scratched. We all had a conversation during our tour with one another about how it would never be practical. It’s basically just a novelty IMO. :shrug: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Thanks for the info Goose. I wasn’t sure if it was a low mile garage queen or not. :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 06H275 said:

That looks like the perfect fit BB! Awesome!

Thank ya buddy!! :blush: 

How you been? I don’t get out of the C8 garage anymore. You sporting any new black and gold beauties? :lurk: 

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Thank ya buddy!! :blush: 

How you been? I don’t get out of the C8 garage anymore. You sporting any new black and gold beauties? :lurk: 

Hello Chris, A bit Smokey here in the great white north. 560 fires burning in the province right now. Headlights required for most of the day. Ash is coming down like snow. We went through this last year and now here we go again. Sucks!

I was in Scottsdale 2 weeks ago to visit my son and I thought of looking you up but ran out of time. Next time expect a knock on your door and I’ll buy you lunch! Might be there for Barrett Jackson.

Hope all is well with you during monsoon season. Man those storms were scary while I was there. Even got a emergency warning on my Cel phone. :twister:

Edited by 06H275
Spelling

14 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

Hello Chris, A bit Smokey here in the great white north. 560 fires burning in the province right now. Headlights required for most of the day. Ash is coming down like snow. We went through this last year and now here we go again. Sucks!

I was in Scottsdale 2 weeks ago to visit my son and I thought of looking you up but ran out of time. Next time expect a knock on your door and I’ll buy you lunch! Might be there for Barrett Jackson.

Hope all is well with you during monsoon season. Man those storms were scary while I was there. Even got a emergency warning on my Cel phone. :twister:

I would not only enjoy that....I would WELCOME it!! :thumbsup: 

I didn’t know you guys had fires like we do in Calif. It’s a mess out there...we’ve had (as you probably saw while here) daily “Poor Air Quality” alerts. The skies are brown here, and they say we’re getting it from over there. I only remember this many air quality warnings in the winter time here. They used to call those “temperature inversions”. Those came with “no burn” days. Meaning no fireplaces. But almost never in any of the other months of the year here. 

I get up at 6 or 7 am and run/walk every morning, and some mornings are noticeably worse to breathe. It sucks! Sorry to hear about YOUR air quality. :( 

Yes sir, this is the second most active Monsoon season on record thus far. The last storm leveled hundreds of trees around me. And I’m only a microcosm of the greater Phx. area. 

I live about 10 miles from BJ Scottsdale. Lemme know if you’re coming out, and I’ll get tix. I usually don’t go anymore. It’s  dangerous for me....I go, and come home and start looking on eBay for cars. :fear:  I should be here at BJ time this year, as the new house will be almost done.  Where does your son live exactly? I was born here, and know the entire valley. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

I would not only enjoy that....I would WELCOME it!! :thumbsup: 

I didn’t know you guys had fires like we do in Calif. It’s a mess out there...we’ve had (as you probably saw while here) daily “Poor Air Quality” alerts. The skies are brown here, and they say we’re getting it from over there. I only remember this many air quality warnings in the winter time here. They used to call those “temperature inversions”. Those came with “no burn” days. Meaning no fireplaces. But almost never in any of the other months of the year here. 

I get up at 6 or 7 am and run/walk every morning, and some mornings are noticeably worse to breathe. It sucks! Sorry to hear about YOUR air quality. :( 

Yes sir, this is the second most active Monsoon season on record thus far. The last storm leveled hundreds of trees around me. And I’m only a microcosm of the greater Phx. area. 

I live about 10 miles from BJ Scottsdale. Lemme know if you’re coming out, and I’ll get tix. I usually don’t go anymore. It’s  dangerous for me....I go, and come home and start looking on eBay for cars. :fear:  I should be here at BJ time this year, as the new house will be almost done.  Where does your son live exactly? I was born here, and know the entire valley. 

He lives on E Lincoln Dr. Across from AJs fine foods. I was there the day after the storm. The second day we were there was when I got the alarm on my phone and feared the worst after hearing on the news (here at home) how bad the first one was. Luckily it missed us but we were worried. My son just moved there about 8 months ago. He’s a gamer and apperantly Phoenix is a good central location. Something about ping rate?

I rented a convertible Mustang and never did put the top down. Waaay too hot, not to mention the sand in the eyes.

41 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

He lives on E Lincoln Dr. Across from AJs fine foods. I was there the day after the storm. The second day we were there was when I got the alarm on my phone and feared the worst after hearing on the news (here at home) how bad the first one was. Luckily it missed us but we were worried. My son just moved there about 8 months ago. He’s a gamer and apperantly Phoenix is a good central location. Something about ping rate?

I rented a convertible Mustang and never did put the top down. Waaay too hot, not to mention the sand in the eyes.

Pm sent

6 hours ago, 06H275 said:

All the best out there in BC with the fires 06...hope it spares you and family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

All the best out there in BC with the fires 06...hope it spares you and family.

Thanks Keith, we are pretty lucky so far where we are, but living in darkness at noon is getting eerie...

Prince George has become an evacuation center for all area's affected around us and man is this town busy now. Traffic, stores, restaurants.

Anyways...:backtotopic: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 06H275 said:

Thanks Keith, we are pretty lucky so far where we are, but living in darkness at noon is getting eerie...

Prince George has become an evacuation center for all area's affected around us and man is this town busy now. Traffic, stores, restaurants.

Anyways...:backtotopic: 

That's great to hear 06..:thumbsup:...back to topic????….what topic it changes every day...…..:hysterical:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I bet there are some who paid $42k to $75k+ for those supposedly “historical”  and “rare” 3  year old 2016 hertz GTHs are wishing they had waited..........

I am kinda digging that white vert with the gold stripes and gold wheels.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

I bet there are some who paid $42k to $75k+ for those supposedly “historical”  and “rare” 3  year old 2016 hertz GTHs are wishing they had waited..........

I love the White too, significantly better then the 2016 and no rental miles either!!!

For regular road use there is no reason to get the Supercharger either.

Edited by carnut12
  • Like 1

Nice ....real nice ..480 hp and 10 speed auto. Much better then the 6 speed auto hertz cars and with no rental miles IMO. I think the hood looks better . .....$61K MSRP. + options. Check out below 

:backtotopic:....Now back to the mule shots. Oh crap there are none....sorry carry on fellas. Here’s a Shelby GT  shot instead. Enjoy  2019ShelbyGT_Web.pdf

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Jalopnik believe it or not. That’s a better title. :hysterical2: ...Just  kidding. 

But he does say the mid engine could be canceled at anytime down the road. What ? 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Yeah, GM is hedging their bets, they are probably going to build a front engine and a mid-engine car for a couple of years. GM’s got to keep the “old dudes” happy with that big wonky V-8 in the nose while they develop a mid engine car that GM is crossing their fingers, arms, leg and toes in hope that  young people will buy the mid engine version to lower the “age demographic” of the Vette. In a couple of years if one outsells the other significantly then they will kill the weakling…...GM really painted itself in to a corner with the vette since  their Marketing Group sat on their collective butts and  allowed the age demographic to skyrocket for the past 3 decades…and it is now so high that their demographic is dying off faster than they can recruit younger buyers…….oh and I am not being negative, or hating on the vette, I have said before I like the vettes just fine and respect thier performance.......... however there is no denying that GM's Marketing group has failed the vette buyers.

• Like 1

What Vette marketing? That's the problem. Let consumers think what they want of Chevy's top dog- look what you get. Just like the guys who don't play basketball but have to get the most expensive Nike Jordans to look like they do. Shelby American is starting to look that way but the new Shelby GT commercial does a pretty good job of targeting a younger audience.

• Like 1

Maybe GM marketing might try this and hey Mongoose it’s beautiful compared to your Lincoln. It’s Friday lighten up...... this isn’t some serious forum. Just mules and stories . Ok back some renderings  

51D01F4C-94FE-4005-A435-5B15CC1390D0.jpeg

D892502A-D65A-470D-AA0F-AD0A039EA130.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

GM’s Caddy arm has done a fabulous job of turning around it’s image. 

The new Caddy’s are serious players today. The old saying about “it’s not your fathers Oldsmobile” really works far better on the new Caddy’s. 

My fear of the mid engine C8 is not that it won’t appeal to a certain buyer (look or design or mid engine wise) but more that they’re going to further price it out of reach for a giant piece of the population. Gina and I were talking about this very thing today. The C7 lurched forward not only light years ahead of the outgoing C6, technology wise, but also took on a pretty good price increase. 

As for the old person comment on these cars...that’s just not true. I know a lot of guys that own Vettes (even C7’s) that are early 40’s. If they raise the price of these cars too much with the C8, it might make it tougher for a younger guy to afford one. That could certainly change the demographic. The young guys I know that have C7’s for instance, bought them used after the first owner took the hit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey Chris, again, thanks for posting that cool and informative video!!!!   :thumbsup:    You never really know for sure whats going to pop up next!   LOL   :rockon:         Later!     "GOOSE"       :peelout:

10 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

P.S.  Don't forget to wear your "Gold Chain" to accent your car and be a cool "Old Guy"!!!!         Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!!!!! LOL   :lol:     :whistling:       " Just a tad bit of humor"!:)