• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Shawn2844

Sell or keep 2011 GT500

Hello to all. I have something that I have been contemplating for a month or two and wanted opinions. I have a 2011 Shelby GT500 Kona blue w silver stripes that I bought a year and a half ago. Love it. Literally a garage queen I take out here and there. I bought it specifically because I like the retro style and wanted a car that was created when Carol Shelby was still alive. But now I am really thinking about the GT350. The prices are pretty good now and even though I don’t like the look as much as the retro styles I can not deny that wonderful engine and it’s capabilities. Anyone thinking of the same thing? Anyone did and regret it?

As with all things technological whatever exists tomorrow will be better than what exists today.  Automobiles are no different.  Both are Shelbys so go for the GT350.  

You can sell the 2011 and get the gt350,  if you like it then great, if not you can always go back to a 2007 to 2104 "retro" as there are plenty of them for sale at any given time

The GT350 is more at home on the track than the street, may want to test drive before buying..

3 hours ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

The GT350 is more at home on the track than the street, may want to test drive before buying..

+1, I was thinking the same thing. Very different power curve than the 5.4 beast you already have. 

I haven't had my 2010 GT500 to long but I considered the same thing. I love my car but also think the GT350 is a awesome car. I decided that for now Im holding on to what I have and Im going to wait and see how the GT350 holds up for others for a while and then reconsider the idea in a few years. Also Im thinking that once the new GT500 hits the car lots that the used GT350 will really start dropping in price. That's just my opinion. Right now you have a car you know you love and if the GT350 continues to stay on your mind just know that they will only go down in price while you think it over, But at this point in time the new GT500 is almost here and I do think that will play a big part in values dropping on the GT350 and that's when I think it could be a real possibility for me personally.

4 hours ago, Secondo said:

+1, I was thinking the same thing. Very different power curve than the 5.4 beast you already have. 

This ^^^^^^^

While I think the suspension is a big improvement and a difference in the engine. I got my 500 because of the retro look. I think the newer 350's are good looking cars, but the retro is the one I want in my driveway. I have tracked it and it does good enough for me. So I get it, 

• Like 1

Shawn,  I've read all the previous posts and there are alot of good points in basically all of them!  So, for my two cents worth all I will say is list the pros and cons on a piece of paper and see which one has more!  Or, you could look and study both of them to see which style you like the best and then take each one out for a long vigorous drive and see which one puts a bigger smile on your face!!!   LOL :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

Here in Canada, my local dealer has already knocked $11,500 off the 2017 GT350s.  He's still got about 20 of them on the lot; you can get one for about $65-70K, Canadian $s.  Will prices fall further?  With the new GT500 on the way, I'm not sure what impact it will have on GT350 owners or existing GT500 owners...will they move to the new GT500?  My dealer indicated the new GT500 is going to be north of $100K (in far less valuable CDN dollars) and likely far over MSRP (I hate dealers that do that, but supply/demand rules the day).  Will the price point be that high?  And keep existing Shelby buyers away?  Will production numbers be really low?  I don't know.

For me, I have a 2011 GT500, Performance White and, yes, it's a garage queen, with only 3,000 km.  But, here's why I did not consider the GT350:

1. Not supercharged.  Yes, it has that great flat plane crank, but nothing beats a charged Shelby in my humble opinion.  The sound is simply awesome.  

2. The classic look of the S197 is timeless.  Not a fan of the 550 style, personally.

Anyway, it's a tough choice.  Both are great cars.  Wish I could afford both.  I'd like to order the new GT500, but I suspect "hyper priced" will be an understatement.  I'm hanging on to my 2011, I really enjoy it.  And that's the key point !!!

• Like 1