Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SVT NAJA

9th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 30, 2018

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, jill_DubsAroundtheLake said:

DEVASTATED is more like it.  But yes, very sad.  Passing you guys has been a highlight not just for me but for everyone on our trip.  You can't talk about our event without the Shelby club coming into the conversation.  It just won't be the same.  Next year we'll get on the same day again.  Hope you all have a fantastic time on your cruise.  

jill

State Route 49 Vdubs

Dubs Around the Lake 8

Luv the VW's  Glad you posted on this site.  While I am a Ford guy, I also have a passion for the VW & 914's.  

Edited by H0050
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, H0050 said:

Luv the VW's  Glad you posted on this site.  While I am a Ford guy, I also have a passion for the VW & 914's.  

My best friend in college (and my best man at our wedding 43 years ago last week) had a Bug.  We rebuilt his engine in about 4 hours one afternoon in Dr. Green's physics shop.   Bill passed away from colon cancer is the reason we are so pro-screening.  His lesson saved my wife's life.

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job Jimmy C

51 cars and counting!

Another SATL, and another year of scheduling conflict. I look forward to seeing the pix and video

One year I will make it....

Don't feel bad for me though, I'll be heading to Europe, for some work, some family visits, and some car playtime including driving the Ford of Europe proving grounds (in a 2008 GT500KR)  at Lommel Belgium, and attending the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK!

Motor on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer, I'm gonna be in Sac the weekend before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, Cali_KR said:

Great job Jimmy C

51 cars and counting!

Another SATL, and another year of scheduling conflict. I look forward to seeing the pix and video

One year I will make it....

Don't feel bad for me though, I'll be heading to Europe, for some work, some family visits, and some car playtime including driving the Ford of Europe proving grounds (in a 2008 GT500KR)  at Lommel Belgium, and attending the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK!

Motor on!

Tom,

Mark your calendar. The 10th Annual "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise, Car Show and BBQ will be held on Saturday June 22nd, 2019. lol

Have a great trip to Europe and post up some pics! Photobucket is back in business and old threads have been lit up.

Here's the SATL-1 thread (16k+ views) with some great pictures starting on page 7...

Best,

Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Bummer, I'm gonna be in Sac the weekend before.

DrHawkeye,

That is a bummer. Maybe you can join us next year...

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, badwolf said:

just signed up!

Eddie,

It's great that you and your family can join us this year for SATL-9.

Looking forward to seeing your new GT350!

See you in Old Town Sacramento on Saturday June 30th! 

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim,

Just sent in donation. Looking forward to this. I wanted to do this ever since I joined in 2011. See everyone soon!

 

Tom and Dorene

Edited by 2011SHELBYGT500CONV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 7:56 AM, DrHawkeye said:

Bummer, I'm gonna be in Sac the weekend before.

You can do the VW run !!!!     :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is interested several of us are meeting at Casa de Fruta Friday at 10:00am for the run to Old Town 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 12:15 AM, 2011SHELBYGT500CONV said:

Jim,

Just sent in donation. Looking forward to this. I wanted to do this ever since I joined in 2011. See everyone soon!

Tom and Dorene

Tom and Dorene,

Welcome aboard!

It's always great to have several first timers along with us for each SATL.

We look forward to meeting you in Old Town Sacramento on Saturday June 30th.

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, Stu Casteel said:

If anyone is interested several of us are meeting at Casa de Fruta Friday at 10:00am for the run to Old Town 

 

Stu,

Thanks for organizing some of the South Bay members for the trip to Sacramento on Friday.

I understand several members are making dinner reservations at the Firehouse in OTS on Friday evening.

https://www.firehouseoldsac.com

See you on the 30th!

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 7:17 PM, Michael Rojas said:

Registration paid. Looking forward to another run up to the Lake. Had a great time last year!

Michael,

It's really great that you 2 can join us again this year for SATL-9.

We'll see you in Old Town Sac on June 30th!

Best,

Jim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, twobjshelbys said:

My best friend in college (and my best man at our wedding 43 years ago last week) had a Bug.  We rebuilt his engine in about 4 hours one afternoon in Dr. Green's physics shop.   Bill passed away from colon cancer is the reason we are so pro-screening.  His lesson saved my wife's life.

Tony,

Great story and an important reminder to members to see your medical provider for an annual check-up. Thanks!

Best,

Jim

PS: Have you considered firing up your Gulf FGT and joining us for SATL-9 in Tahoe? It would be great to have you with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SVT NAJA said:

PS: Have you considered firing up your Gulf FGT and joining us for SATL-9 in Tahoe? It would be great to have you with us!

Nope, can't drive it.  Too many blind spots for aging eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Nope, can't drive it.  Too many blind spots for aging eyes.

I am always available to help drive cars if needed.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SVT NAJA said:

Stu,

Thanks for organizing some of the South Bay members for the trip to Sacramento on Friday.

I understand several members are making dinner reservations at the Firehouse in OTS on Friday evening.

https://www.firehouseoldsac.com

See you on the 30th!

Best,

Jim

Thanks Jim,

But Brad (Elkhorn) takes credit - all I did was pass it along to the group :)

There is also http://www.fannyannsaloon.com/ for the more casual crowd

See you!

 

Edited by Stu Casteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jim-

Sorry we will miss you this year:(

We have enjoyed this the past 5 years, and we look forward to it every year! We always enjoy seeing our friends from the North!

Unfortunately this year since it was moved back, we will be doing the Team Shelby Europe Trip! We will post pix from over the pond, and have already put this on the schedule for next year! Can’t wait to see you all then!

Dave & Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DG Shelby said:

Hey Jim-

Sorry we will miss you this year:(

We have enjoyed this the past 5 years, and we look forward to it every year! We always enjoy seeing our friends from the North!

Unfortunately this year since it was moved back, we will be doing the Team Shelby Europe Trip! We will post pix from over the pond, and have already put this on the schedule for next year! Can’t wait to see you all then!

Dave & Kim

Dave & Kim

We'll miss you 2 also, but a Team Shelby trip to Europe, that's exciting stuff!!!

Next year, we'll be back on our regular day (Saturday June 22nd) for SATL-10 and passing the V-Dubs as we head north along the west shore!

Have a great trip and post up lots of pics!

Best,

Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so we're less than 2 weeks away from SATL-9 and we've had a great response so far with over 70 cars and just as many guests signed up.

There are now less than 10 spaces available to reserve and registration closes next week. Weather forecast for Tahoe on the 30th looks great in the mid-70's.

If you plan on joining us for a great day on the road to the Sierras and at the lake, it's time to get signed up!

Here is the registration link: https://www.gofundme.com/9th-annual-snakes-at-the-lake

Any question, please email me at: svtnaja.tspcr@gmail.com

 

Edited by SVT NAJA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim- I finally found out I have that weekend free.  I'm signed up +1.  My partner in crime Marty should be signing up momentarily.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Jim- I finally found out I have that weekend free.  I'm signed up +1.  My partner in crime Marty should be signing up momentarily.  

Andy,

It's great that your schedule worked out this year!

Looking forward to having the 2 of you (and Marty, your partner in crime) along with us for SATL-9. 

Are you heading up to OTS on Friday, or meeting me in Concord early Saturday?

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim-

I'm not sure yet.  Marty is going to see what his schedule looks like.  

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jim!

Just paid registration. Had a blast two years ago, can't wait to meet everyone again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Jim-

I'm not sure yet.  Marty is going to see what his schedule looks like.  

Andy

Andy,

10-4...  

I'll post up the details next week, but I want to move things up 15 minutes this year so we get out of OTS by 8:30am.

Ultimately, I want to get past Tahoe City before the lunch hour starts and into Tahoe Vista by noon.

Best,

Jim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarkestCon said:

Thanks Jim!

Just paid registration. Had a blast two years ago, can't wait to meet everyone again!

Karun,

It's great to have you back with us again this year! See you in OTS on Saturday, June 30th.

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a cut off as to the number that can register for the event?  I see the list numbers to 80, so I am wondering if 80 is it or 6/24 whatever hits first.

I'm going down to the wire with the car still at the dealer getting fixed...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wingrider said:

Is there a cut off as to the number that can register for the event?  I see the list numbers to 80, so I am wondering if 80 is it or 6/24 whatever hits first.

I'm going down to the wire with the car still at the dealer getting fixed...  

Doug,

PM sent...

Best,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×