• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
kevin

Looking to buy 2008 SGT

Hello members

I’m been reading this forum for years. I’m finally getting close to purchasing a Shelby GT.

I looked at a 2008 SGT today. It is a coupe with 16,000 miles. It has had 2 owners and a has a clean car fax. The last owner had it for 8 years. It’s obviously been garage kept, as the stripes are perfect. The hood scoop looks good also. It’s a 5 speed, has IUP, HID headlights, Sirius, and ambient lighting.

Is there anything I need to look at in addition to the stripes and scoop.

I can buy the car for a little under 20,000. I would use it as a second car and would take it to car shows. I will garage keep it.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

kevin

Kevin,

As the owner of a 2008 SGT, I see yours as a wise choice.  The 2008 hood scoops were pretty much all fine.  The car probably cost about $30k new but it has low miles.  If the tires are still the originals, you will need throw them out for safety reasons.  Mine has 23k miles on it and is doing well.  You must have lucked out on the stripes as mine, although garaged at all times, reached the end of the line at about 9 years.

I say go for it.

Jim

Thanks Clark:

I did check the tires and they have been recently replaced. Manufacture date of the tires we all 2018. I'll post the results of what happens with this car.

Kevin

Welcome to TS.

I own a 2008 SGT convertible. Yes, if tires are over 5 to 6 years old I would replace them. One other thing to look for is the dreaded 2 piece spark plugs. If they are in your engine, they can be very difficult to remove. I think Ford changed from the two piece to the one piece plugs around December of 2007, so some 2008 models were shipped with 2 piece. One way to tell is to look for black on the coil cover that usually indicated 2 piece, a brown cover indicates a 1 piece plug. Also if I recall correctly in regard to stripes, SAI changed at some point to a better grade of vinyl on the 2008 SGT.. The strips on mine are still as good as new. If the car you are looking at still has good stripes then you probably have the better grade. Also look to see if the car has the lower grill insert. If it doesn’t I would suggest one, because if you catch a rock or a piece of debris you are going to get fin damage. Check also to see if the tire inflator kit in the trunk is all there….. or did the owner change to a spare tire set up. Try and make sure to get the owners manual and any documents you can. Some people don’t include these and then turn around and sell them on ebay. Also look under the front air dam area very carefully. SGT’s sit pretty low and sometimes have hard to see damage under the front from hitting curbs in parking lots.

You can also call Shelby American in Vegas and they can check to see if there is any info on any mods or other details in the registry about the car. You will need to give them the CSM number from the dash or under the hood. They won’t give you previous owner names or private info but may be able to tell you a little about the car.

Just under $20k for a well cared for 2008 Coupe with 15 to 20k miles on the odometer is a pretty good deal. Good luck to you.

• Haha 1

Thanks mhr1961.

I’ll have to check on the plug issue. At what time or mileage are the usually changed? Good idea on the lower grill. I have a 2009 GT/CS and it has the lower grill insert. As far as spare tires, did these cars come with a “space saver” spare like my GT/CS? The car I looked at today had a full sized tire, mounted on a polished wheel laid in the trunk. I did not look into the spare tire well to see if it had a space saver spare. The car has its owner manuals, but no Shelby documentation.

The car is at a dealership so I am not dealing with the owner. Hopefully if I put this deal together, I will be able to contact the prior owner, but for now, I have to assume there is no additional documentation. Thanks for the heads up on contacting Shelby for any info they may have.

Thanks to those who have provided me some valuable info on the Shelby GTs.i visited Shelby in Las Vegas when the 2007 and 2008 models were being modified. I rented two 2006 Hertz cars when they were  in rental service in Las Vegas. Today was the first time I drove a Shelby GT and I was very impressed. Thanks again.

Kevin

The SGT did not come with a spare tire.  Does the car have the original SGT floor mats?

Jim

51 minutes ago, clark17357 said:

The SGT did not come with a spare tire.  Does the car have the original SGT floor mats?

Jim

I did not realize the SGT did not come with a spare. Was that due to an issue with brakes, or was it to save weight?

The car I’m looking at has floor mats with a “Shelby” plate attach to the area closest to the door. 

Kevin

9 hours ago, kevin said:

I did not realize the SGT did not come with a spare. Was that due to an issue with brakes, or was it to save weight?

The car I’m looking at has floor mats with a “Shelby” plate attach to the area closest to the door. 

Kevin

Kevin, those would be the original (highly sought after) mats! 

Kevin, Pm sent.....

I meant “carfax” specifically......NOT the “Auto Check” That a lot of stealers’ ads show. :thumbsup: 

BB

08SGT0962..............geez, are you going to crash everybody's thread trying to sell your high mileage , no priced SGT? ……….forum rules state you are supposed to list a price  and it is bad form to not do so, If you are seriously trying to sell a car here you are going about it the wrong way...……….

Edited by mhr1961