3 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I have a Williams Comet machine. Had it about 20 years. Don't play it much anymore. I've been contemplating selling it, but it's turned into a nice table to store stuff on. :hysterical:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

What kind of stuff ?...……..:lurk:

3 hours ago, tekheavy said:

:spiteful:

:stop:

:redcard:

:nonono:

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Is anyone into Pinball machines?  I picked up a Star Trek - The Next Generation yesterday.  Minty, mint condition. It's never been in a pizza parlor or arcade.

Pictures and video or it didn't happen.

20 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Look at the bright side.  Every EV built means one less car or truck's demand for gasoline.  

And more people driving on roads and not paying for the upkeep.

53 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Is the gas tax REALLY going to that nowadays? :lurk:
Edit- Is any tax really going to it’s originally created purpose? Or is this too political? :hide:

Edited by BIKEBOY

38 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby

Sup Jimbo? How’s that new 3 5 Oh?

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Here in CA, we pay extra fees on the registration to cover the lost tax revenue.

2 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Here in CA, we pay extra fees on the registration to cover the lost tax revenue.

Is that now called the "illegals tax"?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:45 AM, Fat Boss said:

Is anyone into Pinball machines?  I picked up a Star Trek - The Next Generation yesterday.  Minty, mint condition. It's never been in a pizza parlor or arcade.

I know ONE person that is...…...Capitan Fantastic himself...…See the source image

22 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Is the gas tax REALLY going to that nowadays? :lurk:
Edit- Is any tax really going to it’s originally created purpose? Or is this too political? :hide:

Apparently not in IL, since it doubled back in July because they said the roads didn't have enough money.  And no, I don't believe the money goes where it's supposed to go, cuz there's nothing but lyin' scumbags in governments.

21 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Registration fees overall went up Jan 1 in IL.  And there was talk about a mileage tax, but it hasn't happened yet.  But that was going to apply to everyone, including those already paying for it at the pump.  E-vehicles should pay some kind of mileage fee, equivalent to what the gas tax is.

15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Out of all the places in the world I have on my bucket list to travel China is sure not one of them.

Yup, no desire whatsoever to go to China, or anywhere else for that matter.  I'm a filthy 'merican and damn proud of it.  I'll keep my happy self right here.  And why in the world would people want to go to China NOW.  Common sense says to stay the frak away.

23 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Sup Jimbo? How’s that new 3 5 Oh?

It is fun.  Got 2 days on the track at Daytona International Speedway.  Heading up to a local track north of here in a few weeks for a day.

Planning to trailer her up to Virginia for the VIR event in April.  

Fun car to drive.  About the same as the other GT350 but its a R!!!!  

Hows things with you and G?  You still co-habituating between Joisey and AR?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Registration fees overall went up Jan 1 in IL.  And there was talk about a mileage tax, but it hasn't happened yet.  But that was going to apply to everyone, including those already paying for it at the pump.  E-vehicles should pay some kind of mileage fee, equivalent to what the gas tax is.

Question about the EV:  When you pull into a charging station, does the driver (or someone in the car) pay for the charge?  I can't see it being free...

So, if they are paying for it, why can't there be an "electrical tax"?

32 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Question about the EV:  When you pull into a charging station, does the driver (or someone in the car) pay for the charge?  I can't see it being free...

It depends.  The vast majority of charging stations require you to pay for it.  For example, where I work we pay 14 cents per kwh.  I've seen them as high as 49 cents.  I'm sure there is a tax on the electricity at some level.  Most people charge their cars at home.  There's all kinds of taxes on my electricity bill.

39 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

It is fun.  Got 2 days on the track at Daytona International Speedway.  Heading up to a local track north of here in a few weeks for a day.

Planning to trailer her up to Virginia for the VIR event in April.  

Fun car to drive.  About the same as the other GT350 but its a R!!!!  

Hows things with you and G?  You still co-habituating between Joisey and AR?

The Local Track, is it "The FIRM"  https://gorally.com/ ?  I have talked with them about possibly doing a 3 or 4 Day Track Event.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yup, no desire whatsoever to go to China, or anywhere else for that matter.  I'm a filthy 'merican and damn proud of it.  I'll keep my happy self right here.  And why in the world would people want to go to China NOW.  Common sense says to stay the frak away.

Come visit Canada ya filthy Mercan!!….:hysterical: ….My next trip is to France to visit all the WWII sites especially Flanders field...got a great uncle

buried there and want to see his head stone....I'm in the US at least once a year and have been for many years and loved every trip to be

honest...not much difference between both Countries geographically actually when I'm there I feel like I'm home..unless I'm in Vegas...:spiteful:

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

The Local Track, is it "The FIRM"  https://gorally.com/ ?  I have talked with them about possibly doing a 3 or 4 Day Track Event.

Yes Dave, The Firm.

Not sure you could get anyone to commit for 3 to 4 days.  I would start small with 1 day or 1-2 days.

They dont have much for "facilities" to do a "blow out" event.

There is a small group going up on Feb 15th for a track day.  Come down and check it out.  It is free to get in, just tell them you are with the Shelby gang or Mustang club.

1 hour ago, 07gt500conv said:

Yes Dave, The Firm.

Not sure you could get anyone to commit for 3 to 4 days.  I would start small with 1 day or 1-2 days.

They dont have much for "facilities" to do a "blow out" event.

There is a small group going up on Feb 15th for a track day.  Come down and check it out.  It is free to get in, just tell them you are with the Shelby gang or Mustang club.

OK I will do that, thanks.  When I talked with the guy their, he was really nice.

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Come visit Canada ya filthy Mercan!!….:hysterical: ….My next trip is to France to visit all the WWII sites especially Flanders field...got a great uncle

buried there and want to see his head stone....I'm in the US at least once a year and have been for many years and loved every trip to be

honest...not much difference between both Countries geographically actually when I'm there I feel like I'm home..unless I'm in Vegas...:spiteful:

How difficult is it for you to sneak back and fourth across the Border?  Do you have Tunnel?    :whistling:

:hysterical2:

:speedie:

:hide:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

How difficult is it for you to sneak back and fourth across the Border?  Do you have Tunnel?    :whistling:

:hysterical2:

:speedie:

:hide:

Ain't we allowed to just walk in ?...…………..:lurk:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

You're thinking about the Southern Border......  :sneaking:  .......................:hysterical2:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Because only at the charging stations not at someone's house would it be doable.  How would you put a road tax on the electrical bill at home?  And how would you equate that to miles on the road, which is the valid thing to tax?

21 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Last time I was in Canada was for a Meat Loaf show in London in '07.  It was the closest he was coming to Detroit, and it was only 2 hour drive, so it had to be done.  Only time before that was when I was kidnapped and taken to Niagara Falls and taken across the border, sometime around 1994.  (well, there's more to that story, but it's a secret cuz she wasn't supposed to do that).  Wanted to get to Mississauga for the Triumph gig last year, but couldn't swing it.  I'm staying here where I know the language, and customs, and most people don't hate us 'mericans.

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Pretty much seems like it.  And stay as long as you like, the government doesn't seem to care.

• Like 1