Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I have a Williams Comet machine. Had it about 20 years. Don't play it much anymore. I've been contemplating selling it, but it's turned into a nice table to store stuff on. :hysterical:

 

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

What kind of stuff ?...……..:lurk:

 

3 hours ago, tekheavy said:

:spiteful:

:stop:

:redcard:

:nonono:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Is anyone into Pinball machines?  I picked up a Star Trek - The Next Generation yesterday.  Minty, mint condition. It's never been in a pizza parlor or arcade.

Pictures and video or it didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Look at the bright side.  Every EV built means one less car or truck's demand for gasoline.  

And more people driving on roads and not paying for the upkeep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

And more people driving on roads and not paying for the upkeep.

Is the gas tax REALLY going to that nowadays? :lurk:
Edit- Is any tax really going to it’s originally created purpose? Or is this too political? :hide:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby

Sup Jimbo? How’s that new 3 5 Oh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

And more people driving on roads and not paying for the upkeep.

Here in CA, we pay extra fees on the registration to cover the lost tax revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Here in CA, we pay extra fees on the registration to cover the lost tax revenue.

Is that now called the "illegals tax"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:45 AM, Fat Boss said:

Is anyone into Pinball machines?  I picked up a Star Trek - The Next Generation yesterday.  Minty, mint condition. It's never been in a pizza parlor or arcade.

I know ONE person that is...…...Capitan Fantastic himself...…See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Is the gas tax REALLY going to that nowadays? :lurk:
Edit- Is any tax really going to it’s originally created purpose? Or is this too political? :hide:

Apparently not in IL, since it doubled back in July because they said the roads didn't have enough money.  And no, I don't believe the money goes where it's supposed to go, cuz there's nothing but lyin' scumbags in governments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Here in CA, we pay extra fees on the registration to cover the lost tax revenue.

Registration fees overall went up Jan 1 in IL.  And there was talk about a mileage tax, but it hasn't happened yet.  But that was going to apply to everyone, including those already paying for it at the pump.  E-vehicles should pay some kind of mileage fee, equivalent to what the gas tax is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Out of all the places in the world I have on my bucket list to travel China is sure not one of them.

Yup, no desire whatsoever to go to China, or anywhere else for that matter.  I'm a filthy 'merican and damn proud of it.  I'll keep my happy self right here.  And why in the world would people want to go to China NOW.  Common sense says to stay the frak away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Sup Jimbo? How’s that new 3 5 Oh?

It is fun.  Got 2 days on the track at Daytona International Speedway.  Heading up to a local track north of here in a few weeks for a day.

 

Planning to trailer her up to Virginia for the VIR event in April.  

 

Fun car to drive.  About the same as the other GT350 but its a R!!!!  

 

Hows things with you and G?  You still co-habituating between Joisey and AR?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Registration fees overall went up Jan 1 in IL.  And there was talk about a mileage tax, but it hasn't happened yet.  But that was going to apply to everyone, including those already paying for it at the pump.  E-vehicles should pay some kind of mileage fee, equivalent to what the gas tax is.

Question about the EV:  When you pull into a charging station, does the driver (or someone in the car) pay for the charge?  I can't see it being free...

 

So, if they are paying for it, why can't there be an "electrical tax"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Question about the EV:  When you pull into a charging station, does the driver (or someone in the car) pay for the charge?  I can't see it being free...

 

So, if they are paying for it, why can't there be an "electrical tax"?

It depends.  The vast majority of charging stations require you to pay for it.  For example, where I work we pay 14 cents per kwh.  I've seen them as high as 49 cents.  I'm sure there is a tax on the electricity at some level.  Most people charge their cars at home.  There's all kinds of taxes on my electricity bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

It is fun.  Got 2 days on the track at Daytona International Speedway.  Heading up to a local track north of here in a few weeks for a day.

 

Planning to trailer her up to Virginia for the VIR event in April.  

 

Fun car to drive.  About the same as the other GT350 but its a R!!!!  

 

Hows things with you and G?  You still co-habituating between Joisey and AR?

The Local Track, is it "The FIRM"  https://gorally.com/ ?  I have talked with them about possibly doing a 3 or 4 Day Track Event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yup, no desire whatsoever to go to China, or anywhere else for that matter.  I'm a filthy 'merican and damn proud of it.  I'll keep my happy self right here.  And why in the world would people want to go to China NOW.  Common sense says to stay the frak away.

 

Come visit Canada ya filthy Mercan!!….:hysterical: ….My next trip is to France to visit all the WWII sites especially Flanders field...got a great uncle

buried there and want to see his head stone....I'm in the US at least once a year and have been for many years and loved every trip to be

honest...not much difference between both Countries geographically actually when I'm there I feel like I'm home..unless I'm in Vegas...:spiteful:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

The Local Track, is it "The FIRM"  https://gorally.com/ ?  I have talked with them about possibly doing a 3 or 4 Day Track Event.

Yes Dave, The Firm.

Not sure you could get anyone to commit for 3 to 4 days.  I would start small with 1 day or 1-2 days.

They dont have much for "facilities" to do a "blow out" event.

There is a small group going up on Feb 15th for a track day.  Come down and check it out.  It is free to get in, just tell them you are with the Shelby gang or Mustang club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 07gt500conv said:

Yes Dave, The Firm.

Not sure you could get anyone to commit for 3 to 4 days.  I would start small with 1 day or 1-2 days.

They dont have much for "facilities" to do a "blow out" event.

There is a small group going up on Feb 15th for a track day.  Come down and check it out.  It is free to get in, just tell them you are with the Shelby gang or Mustang club.

OK I will do that, thanks.  When I talked with the guy their, he was really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Come visit Canada ya filthy Mercan!!….:hysterical: ….My next trip is to France to visit all the WWII sites especially Flanders field...got a great uncle

buried there and want to see his head stone....I'm in the US at least once a year and have been for many years and loved every trip to be

honest...not much difference between both Countries geographically actually when I'm there I feel like I'm home..unless I'm in Vegas...:spiteful:

How difficult is it for you to sneak back and fourth across the Border?  Do you have Tunnel?    :whistling:

:hysterical2:

:speedie:

 

 

 

:hide:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

How difficult is it for you to sneak back and fourth across the Border?  Do you have Tunnel?    :whistling:

:hysterical2:

:speedie:

 

 

 

:hide:

 

Ain't we allowed to just walk in ?...…………..:lurk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Ain't we allowed to just walk in ?...…………..:lurk:

You're thinking about the Southern Border......  :sneaking:  .......................:hysterical2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Question about the EV:  When you pull into a charging station, does the driver (or someone in the car) pay for the charge?  I can't see it being free...

 

So, if they are paying for it, why can't there be an "electrical tax"?

Because only at the charging stations not at someone's house would it be doable.  How would you put a road tax on the electrical bill at home?  And how would you equate that to miles on the road, which is the valid thing to tax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Come visit Canada ya filthy Mercan!!….:hysterical: ….My next trip is to France to visit all the WWII sites especially Flanders field...got a great uncle

buried there and want to see his head stone....I'm in the US at least once a year and have been for many years and loved every trip to be

honest...not much difference between both Countries geographically actually when I'm there I feel like I'm home..unless I'm in Vegas...:spiteful:

Last time I was in Canada was for a Meat Loaf show in London in '07.  It was the closest he was coming to Detroit, and it was only 2 hour drive, so it had to be done.  Only time before that was when I was kidnapped and taken to Niagara Falls and taken across the border, sometime around 1994.  (well, there's more to that story, but it's a secret cuz she wasn't supposed to do that).  Wanted to get to Mississauga for the Triumph gig last year, but couldn't swing it.  I'm staying here where I know the language, and customs, and most people don't hate us 'mericans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Ain't we allowed to just walk in ?...…………..:lurk:

Pretty much seems like it.  And stay as long as you like, the government doesn't seem to care.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...