21 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Yes Dave, The Firm.

Not sure you could get anyone to commit for 3 to 4 days.  I would start small with 1 day or 1-2 days.

They dont have much for "facilities" to do a "blow out" event.

There is a small group going up on Feb 15th for a track day.  Come down and check it out.  It is free to get in, just tell them you are with the Shelby gang or Mustang club.

Thanks for getting back to me, all that info was a big help to me.  Hope to see you in February.

David

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Pretty much seems like it.  And stay as long as you like, the government doesn't seem to care.

AND, if you play your Cards Right, you will get Free Money, Housing, Food, Medical AND College...……………..:whistling:

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Because only at the charging stations not at someone's house would it be doable.  How would you put a road tax on the electrical bill at home?  And how would you equate that to miles on the road, which is the valid thing to tax?

Seriously...…… You just HAD to ask that question?  NOW they will do it and just call it a "FEE"...……… "EV Fee $1.50" per Charge.  OR WORSE, they hit EVERY Household with an "EV FEE $25" on their Monthly Utility Bill.

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Because only at the charging stations not at someone's house would it be doable.  How would you put a road tax on the electrical bill at home?  And how would you equate that to miles on the road, which is the valid thing to tax?

Agreed with your thinking, you cant at home.

My question was for if you are traveling and have to "plug in".  

On 1/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, 07gt500conv said:

It is fun.  Got 2 days on the track at Daytona International Speedway.  Heading up to a local track north of here in a few weeks for a day.

Planning to trailer her up to Virginia for the VIR event in April.  

Fun car to drive.  About the same as the other GT350 but its a R!!!!  

Hows things with you and G?  You still co-habituating between Joisey and AR?

ExcellAnt!! You do a great job of driving your cars Jim. Way better than someone I know. :whistling:

:hide: 

Well...sorta. G still works in NJ. She’s back there a couple times a month for a week at a time. I’m going back with her on this next trip tomar. But “home base” is here in Zona now. 
Tomorrow afternoon she and her teammates will be ringing the closing bell at Dow if you wanna watch and see her. They’ll all be wearing yellow Arm & Hammer t-shirts. 👍

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, svtkeith said:

Out of all the places in the world I have on my bucket list to travel China is sure not one of them.

Likewise Keith. 
That article paints a nasty picture. If it wasn’t Forbes, I might think less of the hype. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been watching videos of Kobe tributes. Man, what a sad story this turned out to be. 
What’s really sad, is that in most of the videos, they fail to mention the other 7 folks that perished that day. :nonono:

Might as well poor salt in the wound of those families pain. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Pretty much seems like it.  And stay as long as you like, the Democratic-run governments doesn't seem to care.

Fixed it. 

Bought another ride today. Leaving for NJ tomorrow, so I won’t pick it up till next weekend. Plus I need another lift anyway. 
These are basically GM’s answer to the BOSS 302. 

It’s a ZL1 without the S/C. This thing is showroom new. The guy has too many cars and one has to go. 
:shift:

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/97838

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

Bought another ride today. Leaving for NJ tomorrow, so I won’t pick it up till next weekend. Plus I need another lift anyway. 

It’s a ZL1 without the S/C. This thing is showroom new. The guy has too many cars and one has to go. 

Congrats on the new ride BB. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Anyone Betting on the Super Bowl?  I'm thinking the 49er's will win it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Seriously...…… You just HAD to ask that question?  NOW they will do it and just call it a "FEE"...……… "EV Fee $1.50" per Charge.  OR WORSE, they hit EVERY Household with an "EV FEE $25" on their Monthly Utility Bill.

And that's when the next revolution will happen.  Don't be charging me a fee to pay for your EV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrHawkeye said:

And that's when the next revolution will happen.  Don't be charging me a fee to pay for your EV.

To late, you opened that Can Of Worms...……… :hysterical2:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Agreed with your thinking, you cant at home.

My question was for if you are traveling and have to "plug in".  

Should be easy enough for those chargers, they can add a fee to it equal to the gas tax in that area.  Here it's 38 cents a gallon.   Come up with a mileage equivalent, say 20mpg, figure that into the average range of EVs, and that should give you a number to tax for road use.  The new governor here was talking about a mileage fee for cars, but that would've required putting a meter of some sort on your car, and then you'd pay a fee based on how many miles you drove in the year.  Fortunately that didn't get far.  But for EVs, that may be the way to do it.

17 hours ago, Secondo said:

Fixed it. 

I wasn't going there.

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

That's what my gut is telling me as well.  Not betting on it cuz I don't bet.

6 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

To late, you opened that Can Of Worms...……… :hysterical2:

Then get those muskets ready boys, here we go.

Sons of Apollo tonight!!  Gonna be a rockin' show.

3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Sons of Apollo tonight!!  Gonna be a rockin' show.

Damn bro.....how many concert ticket stubs do you have???

5 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I don’t bet either, and my team is out, so I will pull for the Chiefs. I like the Walrus and Mahomes. The Walrus was my coach for a whole lotta years in Philly and I always liked his style. Players love playing for him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I’m thinking of going with the Chiefs. I have not put any money on the game yet, but a Sports Book is only 10 minutes from the house. (I’m in Nevada).

Kevin    2008 Shelby GT

On 1/30/2020 at 12:09 PM, BIKEBOY said:

ExcellAnt!! You do a great job of driving your cars Jim. Way better than someone I know. :whistling:

:hide: 

Well...sorta. G still works in NJ. She’s back there a couple times a month for a week at a time. I’m going back with her on this next trip tomar. But “home base” is here in Zona now. 
Tomorrow afternoon she and her teammates will be ringing the closing bell at Dow if you wanna watch and see her. They’ll all be wearing yellow Arm & Hammer t-shirts. 👍

Guess I missed the bell!!..LOL.  Thought she was retiring....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

:club:   :stirpot:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

:thumbsup:

:yup:

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Congrats BB!!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 11:33 AM, DrHawkeye said:

Last time I was in Canada was for a Meat Loaf show in London in '07.  It was the closest he was coming to Detroit, and it was only 2 hour drive, so it had to be done.  Only time before that was when I was kidnapped and taken to Niagara Falls and taken across the border, sometime around 1994.  (well, there's more to that story, but it's a secret cuz she wasn't supposed to do that).  Wanted to get to Mississauga for the Triumph gig last year, but couldn't swing it.  I'm staying here where I know the language, and customs, and most people don't hate us 'mericans.

Kidnappped huh?....sounds like quite the time!!...same language Doc majority of Canada is English and we sure don't hate Mericans hell I got many

family members in the US....I know when I cross the border it much feels like I never left the country really...:shrug:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Congrats on the new ride BB. :thumbsup:

Congrats BB!!….best years for the retro look for the Camaros bud...……...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, BIKEBOY said:

Likewise Keith. 
That article paints a nasty picture. If it wasn’t Forbes, I might think less of the hype. 

:hysterical:Hey guys, geez, I wonder why not China???     :shrug:     :whistling:

On 1/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, BIKEBOY said:

Hey BB, nice snag, but Black wheels, what’s up??   Going for the street tuff look??    :shrug:

13 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

13 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Hey Tes, I think both teams are tuff, but I guess I’ll go with the 49er’s this time!    :thumbsup: