2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

If you had $5,000 to put into the Stock Market or into ROTH IRA, what would you do and what Stock or Stocks would you buy?

I’m not sure I would jump in at this time. I’m in but at my age only 30% in stocks . When I was  35/66 100% in the market and have reaped its rewards. Especially in the run up to 2007.  Got out just before the crash. Example HD. Good stock but overpriced imo. Buy back is the reason. The tax cuts for large corps allowed them to take that cash and buy back their stock thus inflating the value per share. I have a MF I bought in 2009 with T RowePrice  that increased from $60K to $300K since 2009. Ticker symbol PRMTX. Communication & Technology sector. When I worked for Aetna back in the 70s I had a brokers license and was responsible for pension plans for small businesses. It helped me learn about investments and investing. So again at these high values I’m not a buyer just a hold person for now. I have a lot of  floating bond accounts paying 5%. Some GM bonds paying about 5.2 %. Like I said most of my money is in things like zero coupon bonds and such. Too much to get into detail .

Just be wise and know the company before putting down your hard earned money. Stock brokers are all to eager to take your money .

. A Roth IRA or regular IRA it depends on your tax bracket .

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

After I punched the driver in the mouth.....I then would have the dealer replace the car and all the mods....that's just wrong in so many ways after all

you intrust them with your gem and they do this!!…….:swear: ….When I take the ZR1 for an oil change they don't even want to drive it in to put it on the

ramps they let me do that.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, BIKEBOY said:

Took one pic of the new ride when we got it home. 
Awaiting a few mods in the mail. I’ll get some more when they’re all done. 

This car is amazing. It’s a lot like my Boss. ‘Course, that’s what they built it for....to compete with it. A few notes of interest.......it’s really heavy, the steering wheel seems too large, the steering itself however, is the tightest and lightest of any car I’ve ever driven. Even tighter than the K-man. 285’s on all four corners, so the fronts track any rut in the road. I’m a mirror driver, so the gunsight windows and the tiny 1/4 glasses are no big deal. Brembos on all four corners, and the same size rotors front and rear. The “Red Hot” paint looks wet in person! 
It’s a normally aspirated 6.2 with 432 hp (with the optioned dual mode exhaust adding 6) from 426. I have a Holley Intech CAI coming which adds a dyno tested 19 horses. It NEEDS it!! 

I replaced the Alcantara shift knob with a Hurst style white cue ball already. HUGE difference. The clutch is light and the shift throw (stolen from the ZL1) is short and precise. This car has all the ZL1 goodies on it, sans the S/C. 

:happyfeet:

Oh yeah, and current mileage is at 586... 🙄

2015 Camaro 2SS-1LE

Nice ride.

So when you sell it it will have 986 miles....:happyfeet::happyfeet::happyfeet:

That right there is my favorite Camaro year. The new one I could never warm up to. I like the black trim and wheels 

B6540AFE-D552-4508-BBF7-E2AF46A0A26C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

Well, not sure which one to believe, the Guy said he was done wrong and will NEVER buy anything from that Dealer again and the Dealer said they made it right and he got more than what he had in it and they sold the guy a used Shelby. 

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I’m not sure I would jump in at this time. I’m in but at my age only 30% in stocks . When I was  35/66 100% in the market and have reaped its rewards. Especially in the run up to 2007.  Got out just before the crash. Example HD. Good stock but overpriced imo. Buy back is the reason. The tax cuts for large corps allowed them to take that cash and buy back their stock thus inflating the value per share. I have a MF I bought in 2009 with T RowePrice  that increased from $60K to $300K since 2009. Ticker symbol PRMTX. Communication & Technology sector. When I worked for Aetna back in the 70s I had a brokers license and was responsible for pension plans for small businesses. It helped me learn about investments and investing. So again at these high values I’m not a buyer just a hold person for now. I have a lot of  floating bond accounts paying 5%. Some GM bonds paying about 5.2 %. Like I said most of my money is in things like zero coupon bonds and such. Too much to get into detail .

Just be wise and know the company before putting down your hard earned money. Stock brokers are all to eager to take your money .

. A Roth IRA or regular IRA it depends on your tax bracket .

:thumbsup: Sounds like good advice!

6 hours ago, svtkeith said:

After I punched the driver in the mouth.....I then would have the dealer replace the car and all the mods....that's just wrong in so many ways after all

you intrust them with your gem and they do this!!…….:swear: ….When I take the ZR1 for an oil change they don't even want to drive it in to put it on the

Hey Keefer, I like that! That’s my kind of garage!   :thumbsup: 

6 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Nice ride.

:shrug:  Who knows, maybe, but who’s on first???   :hysterical:

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That right there is my favorite Camaro year. The new one I could never warm up to. I like the black trim and wheels 

Hmmmm, you say you like the black wheels, now I know for sure you need to get your eyes checked!!!    :hysterical::club:

6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Well, not sure which one to believe, the Guy said he was done wrong and will NEVER buy anything from that Dealer again and the Dealer said they made it right and he got more than what he had in it and they sold the guy a used Shelby. 

:hysterical2:   Just flip a coin and see who wins!  

No concert this weekend.  Heading to mom's for an overnight.  Gotta pick up my Girl Scout cookie order for me and a friend, and get some of my favorite pizza.  Told Laika we were taking a road trip last night, and he did the head-tilty thing every time I said road trip.  But extra bags this morning confused him cuz the morning routine was different, but that got settled when I dropped him at day camp.  I figure a morning of running around will tire him out and he'll get a nap on the ride.

35 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

No concert this weekend.  Heading to mom's for an overnight.  Gotta pick up my Girl Scout cookie order for me and a friend, and get some of my favorite pizza.  Told Laika we were taking a road trip last night, and he did the head-tilty thing every time I said road trip.  But extra bags this morning confused him cuz the morning routine was different, but that got settled when I dropped him at day camp.  I figure a morning of running around will tire him out and he'll get a nap on the ride.

Enjoy!!...Cookies and all...……..:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hmmmm, you say you like the black wheels, now I know for sure you need to get your eyes checked!!!    :hysterical::club:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

4 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:hysterical2:

23 hours ago, svtkeith said:

you intrust them with your gem and they do this!!…….:swear: ….When I take the ZR1 to Jiffy Lube for an oil change they don't even want to drive it in to put it on the

:redcard:

:stop: 

:hysterical2: 

23 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Well said Keith! 👍

23 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Nice ride.

It better not!! :hysterical: 

23 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Mike 

23 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Hmmmmmm....

5 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Hey Doc, was in Seattle the last two days surprising mom for her 80th, and I saw the local Seattle paper had a big section saying Grand Funk is touring again????? Really? I didn’t pay attention closely, because I was reading over a guys shoulder, but it looked like there were some dates and times. 

24 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey Doc, was in Seattle the last two days surprising mom for her 80th, and I saw the local Seattle paper had a big section saying Grand Funk is touring again????? Really? I didn’t pay attention closely, because I was reading over a guys shoulder, but it looked like there were some dates and times. 

Hope you had a blast BB and Happy B Day to your Mom!!……...:)

3 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I did Keith, thanks! Mom don’t look 80. She has people tell her so all the time. 79 maybe....but not 80. 😂
Mine’s tomorrow. Now, I might look 80!!! 😫

Edited by BIKEBOY

I wasnt gonna post this, but I reduced my Flickr page to under the amount of free pics. and thought I would. 

I already shared this with Keith and Tek. 

I bought a thrashed ‘56 Belair steering wheel and speedo and fender emblem at a wrecking garage in Seattle a long while back and restored them and bolted ‘em up to my sound bar for the garage music. The steering wheel started out as a factory sea foam green, only I couldn’t find any paint that was close enough, so I changed it to another ‘56 interior color that I could find. 
The steering wheel was all gouged up and looked horrible. I even painted the missing blue in the horn button bow tie, with Testors model paint. 
😎

49535234713_350d74322c_b.jpg

49535965452_c93b50c065_b.jpg

49535946612_91e786222a_b.jpg

That’s pretty cool there Chris. Nice job .There’s  your little doggie how cute a picture to remember fun times.

Happy birthday tomorrow. 

9058340B-A3A8-4A1B-B90B-4AB87BF3B7AB.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I did Keith, thanks! Mom don’t look 80. She has people tell her so all the time. 79 maybe....but not 80. 😂
Mine’s tomorrow. Now, I might look 80!!! 😫

Hey BB as long as she's healthy that's all that matters....:thumbsup: …..As far as you go...you're right!!!...……:hysterical2: 

Just funning ya....Happy B Day BByo!!...enjoy!!……….:happyfeet:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:thumbsup:+1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That’s pretty cool there Chris. Nice job .There’s  your little doggie how cute a picture to remember fun times.

Happy birthday tomorrow. 

9058340B-A3A8-4A1B-B90B-4AB87BF3B7AB.jpeg

Hey Chris, Happy birthday!  Your garage scene is looking pretty nice and I really like what you did with the 56 Chev steering wheel setup, nice touch!!!  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Happy Birthday BB Enjoy your day. 

Thanks a million Jim! ☺️

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, Happy birthday!  Your garage scene is looking pretty nice and I really like what you did with the 56 Chev steering wheel setup, nice touch!!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Goose! 🤓

19 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Hey BB as long as she's healthy that's all that matters....:thumbsup: …..As far as you go...you're right!!!...……:hysterical2: 

Just funning ya....Happy B Day BByo!!...enjoy!!……….:happyfeet:

:boxing:

:lol:

Thanks bro! Will do just that.