1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Reduced to sock banter. :nonono:

It's better than talking about Corvettes!

:yahoo:

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well I could have put this over on the GT 500 thread but nobody goes over there.

This guy kind of sums up my feelings on the C8 driving experience. Mainly the sound is to tame on the C8 Z51 . You compare it to the new GT 500 or even a GT 350 R. Both those cars are more fun to drive. Not comparing price or looks just the fun factor .So here is the video and towards the end he drives both cars

. Enjoy.

Thanks for the “Awesome video”!   Very entertaining and fun to watch.  If I could afford both of these cars, I would gladly buy them both, but I still would really prefer them both with the manual tranny.   That to me is the only way I love to roll in my book, just saying!   

On 5/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, tekheavy said:

Reduced to sock banter. :nonono:

It's the lobby, anything goes.  There's plenty of threads for specific vehicles.  Even ones that don't exist yet.  And who ate the last donut?

3 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby,

Great day at the Track on Sat.  David, you missed a good day!!

I don't know if we're gonna get our track day in Aug.  I can see the dictator keeping those locked down.

6 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby,

Great day at the Track on Sat.  David, you missed a good day!!

Yeah, Sorry, I wanted to make it but a couple things popped up and I couldn't get ahold of my Buddy in time so I decide to try it at a later date.

3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I don't know if we're gonna get our track day in Aug.  I can see the dictator keeping those locked down.

Sorry to hear you are still locked down doc.

31 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Yeah, Sorry, I wanted to make it but a couple things popped up and I couldn't get ahold of my Buddy in time so I decide to try it at a later date.

No worries David, we go about 3-4 times a year

While social distancing of 6 feet may help in a room or outside in nearly stagnant air it does not do much. There has already been a study done several years ago by MIT that was published that showed a sneeze go project aerosols up to 27 feet within a few seconds.  The key is for everyone to wear face masks and or eye protection. In regard to that bicycle, it will do very little to stop the spread of covid -19 because if the driver is sick and is pedaling down the road and sneezes or coughs then the aerosols and mist will just blow right in to the passenger’s face. The passengers would be safer in a side car attached to the bike and a windscreen in front of the side car and a framed piece of plexiglass between the driver and passenger. That is what they are already doing in several Asian countries. You will literally see thousands of these attached to bicycles and small motorcycles in the Philippines, Vietnam, Chinese etc, cities and provinces.

221416859_52e218fc17_m.jpg

ed08b6273c79308e7e789f134dd434a8--the-philippines-philippines-culture.jpg

Edited by mhr1961

15 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey BB,  it doesn’t look very good for Hertz, but it might make someone happy looking for a good deal on a used Hertz mustang, just saying!   I really don’t enjoy seeing any business go down the tubes, especially when it’s really not their fault.  :(

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey BB, your the bike “King”!  Thanks for sharing a pretty cool video of this guys social distancing on his new invention of a different way to travel, pretty neat..   :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hertz should sell off the Rental Agencies as a Franchise.  They supply the Cars to the Franchisee's for a percentage of the Rental Fee's and they get a Franchise Fee and Hertz still keeps the Car Sales division PLUS, they no longer have to keep up the Rent/Mortgage and Maintenance on all those Locations and the Franchisee's get to choose which Vehicles they want to have on their Lots.

19 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Sorry to hear you are still locked down doc.

Just the joys of living under a dictator.

Happy Hump Day Lobby.  Please do your humping from at least 6' away to maintain social distancing, and wear a mask.

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Seemed fitting

Hey BB, great video to share, especially considering were all going through some troubling times and we all could use some uplifting of our spirits in our world today!

Shout out to Wisconsin for getting out from under the thumb of a wanna-be dictator.  Hoping for some similar relief here, but I doubt it since King Madigan has the courts under his thumb.  And I'm waiting for the Mustang to get put back together.  Hopefully the rebuilt power steering stuff goes on without issue.

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey BB, great video to share, especially considering were all going through some troubling times and we all could use some uplifting of our spirits in our world today!

👍

7 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

👍

Hey BB, check it out and give it a try bud... :thumbsup:

Happy Friday y'all.  Enjoy the weekend if you're in a state that will allow you to do that.  I'll be doing yard work tomorrow, we've gotten lots of rain this week, so probably have to mow again, especially since I won't be home next weekend to do it.  Y'all be safe and watch out for cooties.

10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

That's one rare and powerful Camaro right there...….:rockon:

Hey Keefer, you aren’t a kidding, that ZL1 was one hell of a very rare and potent engine, that’s a given.  Even thou I’m big car guy and a fan of high performance engines of any make, I really don’t feel it’s In all our best interests that these cars are bringing absolutely “Huge” profits at crazy prices that a very select few can afford. All this really does for the rest of us, (Joe Blow Public), who are collectors and hobbyists that love and appreciate these storied, rare cars is put them farther and farther out there and then there unattainable.   This is what’s really sad, that a lot of these cars that we owned when we were younger are basically getting priced out of ever being able to be owned by our kids or grandkids too!  Actually, back in the day, if a Camaro pulled up to you at a stop-light that looked like that orange ZL1 and no badging, with dog dish hub-caps, and of course not that big hood, we called them ; “Sleepers”.  Usually those so called  “Sleepers” would then commence to blow your doors-off when the light turned green...  :hysterical:

As far as the looks go on that 69 Orange ZL1 it’s pretty basic all around to keep it light weight, so looks wise I would take my old 69 Z-28 in and out and wheels and paint too, and that “Hugger Orange’ w/ white stripes is hard to beat for looks and what I really liked to is the factory console with full factory gauges and the 3 spoke stainless steering wheel too.

Hey Keefer, here’s my 69 Z-28 at Broadway Bob’s Union-Grove Drag-Way, I took a trophy for my class win, but a Mopar Road-Runner beat me out for king of the hill, and that car looked like a “Sleeper”too!!!     :doh:                Later bud!             :peelout:

IMG_1451__1589576819_18507.jpg

23 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, you aren’t a kidding, that ZL1 was one hell of a very rare and potent engine, that’s a given.  Even thou I’m big car guy and a fan of high performance engines of any make, I really don’t feel it’s In all our best interests that these cars are bringing absolutely “Huge” profits at crazy prices that a very select few can afford. All this really does for the rest of us, (Joe Blow Public), who are collectors and hobbyists that love and appreciate these storied, rare cars is put them farther and farther out there and then there unattainable.   This is what’s really sad, that a lot of these cars that we owned when we were younger are basically getting priced out of ever being able to be owned by our kids or grandkids too!  Actually, back in the day, if a Camaro pulled up to you at a stop-light that looked like that orange ZL1 and no badging, with dog dish hub-caps, and of course not that big hood, we called them ; “Sleepers”.  Usually those so called  “Sleepers” would then commence to blow your doors-off when the light turned green...  :hysterical:

As far as the looks go on that 69 Orange ZL1 it’s pretty basic all around to keep it light weight, so looks wise I would take my old 69 Z-28 in and out and wheels and paint too, and that “Hugger Orange’ w/ white stripes is hard to beat for looks and what I really liked to is the factory console with full factory gauges and the 3 spoke stainless steering wheel too.

Hey Keefer, here’s my 69 Z-28 at Broadway Bob’s Union-Grove Drag-Way, I took a trophy for my class win, but a Mopar Road-Runner beat me out for king of the hill, and that car looked like a “Sleeper”too!!!     :doh:                Later bud!             :peelout:

IMG_1451__1589576819_18507.jpg

I found this story in the Hemmings archives on ole Broadway Bob, Goose. 
The man was a legend. :cool: 

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/broadway-bob-metzler

Your old ‘69 was the “right” color!! :drool: