4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, you aren’t a kidding, that ZL1 was one hell of a very rare and potent engine, that’s a given.  Even thou I’m big car guy and a fan of high performance engines of any make, I really don’t feel it’s In all our best interests that these cars are bringing absolutely “Huge” profits at crazy prices that a very select few can afford. All this really does for the rest of us, (Joe Blow Public), who are collectors and hobbyists that love and appreciate these storied, rare cars is put them farther and farther out there and then there unattainable.   This is what’s really sad, that a lot of these cars that we owned when we were younger are basically getting priced out of ever being able to be owned by our kids or grandkids too!  Actually, back in the day, if a Camaro pulled up to you at a stop-light that looked like that orange ZL1 and no badging, with dog dish hub-caps, and of course not that big hood, we called them ; “Sleepers”.  Usually those so called  “Sleepers” would then commence to blow your doors-off when the light turned green...  :hysterical:

As far as the looks go on that 69 Orange ZL1 it’s pretty basic all around to keep it light weight, so looks wise I would take my old 69 Z-28 in and out and wheels and paint too, and that “Hugger Orange’ w/ white stripes is hard to beat for looks and what I really liked to is the factory console with full factory gauges and the 3 spoke stainless steering wheel too.

Hey Keefer, here’s my 69 Z-28 at Broadway Bob’s Union-Grove Drag-Way, I took a trophy for my class win, but a Mopar Road-Runner beat me out for king of the hill, and that car looked like a “Sleeper”too!!!     :doh:                Later bud!             :peelout:

IMG_1451__1589576819_18507.jpg

Awesome Goose you had one cool car there...loved the 69 Camaros......:rockon:

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Mine was the wrong color. :nonono:

SfS5UYy.jpg

Says who ?...…...:lurk:

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

SfS5UYy.jpg

Is that Butter Squash Yellow?   :whistling:

2 hours ago, tekheavy said:

SfS5UYy.jpg

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Says who ?...…...:lurk:

673ABDC8-B141-48F6-AB96-DD8BAAC6B0C4.jpeg

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

:hysterical3:

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I found this story in the Hemmings archives on ole Broadway Bob, Goose. 
The man was a legend. :cool: 

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/broadway-bob-metzler

Your old ‘69 was the “right” color!! :drool:

Hey BB, yes Broadway Bob was one hell of a promoter of drag racing whether it was Jet cars, Wheel-Standers,Funny cars and anything else that had a motor in it. He’d put on a good drag show, but sometimes he’d even put on a better party at night for all the fans and let me tell ya it got pretty crazy some times. He used to put on special weekend shows that were called : Drag and Boogie weekends during the summer.  These shows usually featured some jet Dragsters and they would hold jet engine flame-out contests to see which jet Dragster could produce the biggest and baddest flames plus this also produced a heck of a lot of “Pops” that would shake your insides. One time when they had that Flame-out contest the two dragsters caught a very large tree on fire high up and they also started the timing shack on fire too, that was pretty cool too! My brother-in-law and I have attended a few of those wild Drag and boogie weekends and he had a awesome 66 Chevy Caprice 396 SS,4spd. that he could sleep-in overnight, but I got to “Try” and sleep on the back seat in my Mach1, not fun at all..   And to be fair, the back seat in my Z-28 Camaro wasn’t much better.  Down there they party all night into the morning, so besides being uncomfortable it was very loud all over.  Broadway Bob, when it came down to party, he didn’t disappoint his fans.   :yahoo:    Yes, I really loved “Hugger Orange” w/ white stripes on the 69 z-28s, a stand-out great color combo for sure!

4 hours ago, tekheavy said:

SfS5UYy.jpg

Hey Tek, remember beauty is in the eye of the “Beholder”, hey bud that’s you...  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Awesome Goose you had one cool car there...loved the 69 Camaros......:rockon:

Thanks bud, me too.   :salute:

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

:club:

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

673ABDC8-B141-48F6-AB96-DD8BAAC6B0C4.jpeg

Anyone have a large “Stick Pin”?????       :hysterical:

On 5/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Mongoose said:

Anyone have a large “Stick Pin”?????       :hysterical:

:drop:

19 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby,

Welcome to a new week.  5 days and then a holiday...:happyfeet:

Mornin Jimmer....Holiday here today!!……….:happyfeet:

2 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby,

Welcome to a new week.  5 days and then a holiday...:happyfeet:

Not for me, only 4 days, then 4 off, then 4 days.  Heading across the border to mom's this weekend to get my Aurelio's fix.  BikeBoy, you can come get some too if you want.

Only in Florida............................

9 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I like the design but, it needs to be a Hover Car.  Those wheels would make cool Turbine Fans to help it fly like on "Back To The Future".

Image result for Back to the future hover car

It's trying to Rain here.  It has sprinkled a little so far, lots of Thunder and totally clouded over with really Dark Clouds.  I just hope it pushes on thru.

23 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Political in nature ?  .....Perhaps. I wouldn’t post it. 

Edited by mach 1 1970