40 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Political in nature ?  .....Perhaps. I wouldn’t post it. 

That's not political. Should be fine. 

On 5/19/2020 at 5:45 AM, tesgt350 said:

I like the design but, it needs to be a Hover Car.  Those wheels would make cool Turbine Fans to help it fly like on "Back To The Future".

Image result for Back to the future hover car

Hey tes, like the way you think about the use of turbo-fans.  Sorry I didn’t get a chance to get back to you on your custom Aluminum spoiler, I got short-circuited again  :shrug: threw no fault of mine as I see it, just saying.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:05 AM, tekheavy said:

Morning gents. :salute:

Hey, Tek    :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

It's trying to Rain here.  It has sprinkled a little so far, lots of Thunder and totally clouded over with really Dark Clouds.  I just hope it pushes on thru.

:sing_rain:      :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I need it to stay rain free here for the next couple of days. Having my driveway redone tomorrow.

Hey Tek, sealcoating, Blacktop, concrete or ????   :shrug:

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

That's not political. Should be fine. 

Hey Tek, I didn’t get to see the final posts on our thread, maybe you did, so why is this considered any different than what I heard was posted on ours.   I was just wondering what you really think because (Fair is Fair), we shouldn’t play favorites that just wouldn’t be fair to all us members, don’t ya think bud, just saying!     :shrug:   :headscratch:

Hey mach, I was out of town today and I spotted something that just might trip your trigger, but the color was wrong for ya, but it sure did look good style wise, very nice indeed..  :cool:

IMG_3211__1590013331_54954__1590013331_41009.jpg

IMG_3212__1590013491_68344__1590013491_23531.jpg

28 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tek, sealcoating, Blacktop, concrete or ????   :shrug:

Sealcoating. Had my driveway completely redone a few years ago. Starting to get some cracks.

19 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tek, I didn’t get to see the final posts on our thread, maybe you did, so why is this considered any different than what I heard was posted on ours.   I was just wondering what you really think because (Fair is Fair), we shouldn’t play favorites that just wouldn’t be fair to all us members, don’t ya think bud, just saying!     :shrug:   :headscratch:

I think they just want one off topic thread.

2 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Sealcoating. Had my driveway completely redone a few years ago. Starting to get some cracks.

Yes, I know all about sealcoating, my wife and I sealcoat our 400ft. driveway every few years and it sure isn’t any fun, but it sure looks nice when it’s done.   :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Hey Tek, I know that was said, but that didn’t seem to be an issue before as the first thread was active for a week.  It was then locked for what was explained to be due to politics-related posts which I didn’t have the opportunity to read. It wasn’t until the second thread was created and again locked that the “one off-topic thread” declaration was made. Who knew sharing common interests could be so complicated.:shrug:

16 hours ago, tekheavy said:

BINGO.  No need for a bunch of topics doing the same thing. Just trying to make your guys life easier with simplification.  

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tek, I know that was said, but that didn’t seem to be an issue before as the first thread was active for a week.  It was then locked for what was explained to be due to politics-related posts which I didn’t have the opportunity to read. It wasn’t until the second thread was created and again locked that the “one off-topic thread” declaration was made. Who knew sharing common interests could be so complicated.:shrug:

Goose...

it isn't that sharing common interests is to be complicated.  But when people are posting pictures of cars in this thread, and then posting those same pictures in another thread, it because duplicate content for you guys to have to figure out which thread you have replied to.  To make things easier on you guys, we should stick to 1 off topic thread so that way posts are being duplicated across multiple places on the forum.  

The first "car" thread you created was fine till it started becoming political.  Which was a violation of rule 7.  I had also handled a couple of members that were making harassing posts on there, and not talking about cars...  As i said i would do.  But once the topic had political posts and moved in that direction away from cars, locking the thread was just easier.  The "2nd" cars post had multiple posts with the same images posts on this thread, so i decided to keep this thread vs locking it and keeping that one.  Due to the longer history here.  

13 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

The supply chain had problems so they went to the parts bin for the remainder of 2020 .....:hysterical:

589A0486-4BAA-4916-B0A8-D4D014297A09.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The supply chain had problems so they went to the parts bin for 2020 

DAAAAMN, that ………. actually, Kinda Some What, Sorta, looks...………. pretty good...…...:whistling:

1 hour ago, BigEdmond said:

Goose...

it isn't that sharing common interests is to be complicated.  But when people are posting pictures of cars in this thread, and then posting those same pictures in another thread, it because duplicate content for you guys to have to figure out which thread you have replied to.  To make things easier on you guys, we should stick to 1 off topic thread so that way posts are being duplicated across multiple places on the forum.  

The first "car" thread you created was fine till it started becoming political.  Which was a violation of rule 7.  I had also handled a couple of members that were making harassing posts on there, and not talking about cars...  As i said i would do.  But once the topic had political posts and moved in that direction away from cars, locking the thread was just easier.  The "2nd" cars post had multiple posts with the same images posts on this thread, so i decided to keep this thread vs locking it and keeping that one.  Due to the longer history here.  

Well, thanks for you trying to explain what your intentions were on doing what you did.   

39 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The supply chain had problems so they went to the parts bin for the remainder of 2020 .....:hysterical:

Absolutely hilarious, looks like it has a chevy S-10 front end, that would be one hell of a windbreaker for sure...      :mademyday:

38 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

DAAAAMN, that ………. actually, Kinda Some What, Sorta, looks...………. pretty good...…...:whistling:

Hey Tes, beauty is in the eye’s of the beholder.    :hysterical:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Absolutely hilarious, looks like it has a chevy S-10 front end, that would be one hell of a windbreaker for sure...      :mademyday:

It's the NEW 2022 Doctor Doolittle Design, it's called the "Push Me - Pull You" Edition with 2 Engines...…….:dance:

See the source image

Edited by tesgt350

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Huge improvement over the original design, that’s for sure. 🤙

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

It's the NEW 2022 Doctor Doolittle Design, it's called the "Push Me - Pull You" Edition with 2 Engines...…….:dance:

See the source image

Hey Tes,  a very unique design, I think you should run out and patented it, you’ll probably be the only one...    :idea:

50 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Huge improvement over the original design, that’s for sure. 🤙

:nonono:    :hide:      :lurk:

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

A friend of mine’s Gurney Eagle is up for sale. It’s been his wife’s DD for almost 9 years. Gonna be interesting to see what it makes with 20K more miles than mine. 😋

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-saleen-s281/

The Gurney Eagle is a very rare car for sure, and it’s named after one of the very “Best” and “Determined” race car driver to ever put on a helmet.    There was one comment made that to me was not really accurate, that was that 95% of car guys don’t know what the car is and think it’s a Boss.  My take, just saying, is if your really a true car guy, you would already know by looking at it, it’s in no way a Boss.  Another guy made the comment that he thought the Saleen ( Mini-Lite Wheels ) would of looked awesome on it too, and I have to admit that I always felt the same way.   But this is a super-rare car, with such a very small production number, so in reality your probably better-off keeping it stock, and if any changes are made hold onto and save all the original equipment for safe keeping, just my two cents worth.  BB you got a real winner there, your Gurney Eagle is No.#1...   :thumbsup:

😂

Ummm.... and NO...this is NOT political! Just pretty funny!! And pertinent to our Ford community. 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/05/21/trump-wowed-ford-gt-supercar-during-visit-michigan/5240173002/

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

The Gurney Eagle is a very rare car for sure, and it’s named after one of the very “Best” and “Determined” race car driver to ever put on a helmet.    There was one comment made that to me was not really accurate, that was that 95% of car guys don’t know what the car is and think it’s a Boss.  My take, just saying, is if your really a true car guy, you would already know by looking at it, it’s in no way a Boss.  Another guy made the comment that he thought the Saleen ( Mini-Lite Wheels ) would of looked awesome on it too, and I have to admit that I always felt the same way.   But this is a super-rare car, with such a very small production number, so in reality your probably better-off keeping it stock, and if any changes are made hold onto and save all the original equipment for safe keeping, just my two cents worth.  BB you got a real winner there, your Gurney Eagle is No.#1...   :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike! I saw his post. Sadly he doesn’t realize that the wheels on our Gurneys are indeed a modern take on the Mini-Lites. But I chose to take the high road and not chastise him. 👍

Doesn't matter...as you always say....to each their own...and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :happyfeet:

Mine’s not worth anything anymore now anyway, according to mhr....the expert on all things....cuz I installed the Saleen PJ rear wing. ;) 

Edited by BIKEBOY

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Thanks Mike! I saw his post. Sadly he doesn’t realize that the wheels on our Gurneys are indeed a modern take on the Mini-Lites. But I chose to take the high road and not chastise him. 👍

Doesn't matter...as you always say....to each their own...and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :happyfeet:

Mine’s not worth anything anymore now anyway, according to mhr....the expert on all things....cuz I installed the Saleen PJ rear wing. ;) 

Hey BB, all that really matters is that you really like your very rare Gurney Eagle, take other people’s opinion’s with a grain of salt, because one thing people have a lot of is their opinions and they can vary greatly, just saying!   As far as the Saleen PJ wing goes, that’s your call, it’s your car, you paid for it and it’s a Saleen part and it’s tastefully done, so me personally,  I don’t have a problem with that, it’s each to their own way of thinking...    :shrug:

Morning TS Peeps...……………