• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

12 hours ago, tekheavy said:

:headspin:

You do seem to spend a lot of time spinning on your head.........maybe you should see the Doctor about it............................:whistling:

:hysterical2:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning Lobby:hat_tip:

Jimmer...…..:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

You do seem to spend a lot of time spinning on your head.........maybe you should see the Doctor about it............................:whistling:

:hysterical2:

I'm going Wednesday at 4:45. :lurk:

On 7/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, svtkeith said:

What year and what colour is the one you really like Doc?

White with blue stripes, as all Shelbys should be.  2007, I think, might've been an '08.  Either of those years I'm looking at.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:54 AM, tesgt350 said:

Yeah, Hollywood did some great Effects back in 1969, way ahead of their time.........:whistling:

:rant::finger::chairshot:

6 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

:rant::finger::chairshot:

Are you saying that it WASN'T Hollywood?  ............................  Disney?

7 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

White with blue stripes, as all Shelbys should be.  2007, I think, might've been an '08.  Either of those years I'm looking at.

Awesome Doc.....07 and some 08's make sure the clutch and flywheels were serviced especially the 07...there was issues with the lack

of grease where now not really sure but it happened to my 07 right after I bought it...there's a thread on here about that or at least there

was back then and it was posted by "GRABBER"....he was a long time member here don't know if he's still around much anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, svtkeith said:

Awesome Doc.....07 and some 08's make sure the clutch and flywheels were serviced especially the 07...there was issues with the lack

of grease where now not really sure but it happened to my 07 right after I bought it...there's a thread on here about that or at least there

was back then and it was posted by "GRABBER"....he was a long time member here don't know if he's still around much anymore.

I would hope that after 10 years, it has been, unless it's just been parked.  If the owner doesn't know, then I'll just move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

I would hope that after 10 years, it has been, unless it's just been parked.  If the owner doesn't know, then I'll just move on.

The 07 problem was the clearance on the clutch to input shaft  spline was two tight so the clutch would hang up & not totally engage at times Ford caught it early 08 &  applied grease & I believe more clearance to the spline on the clutch & new steel flywheel. They came out with a third version late in 08 not sure  what the change was. But Grabber knows all about all problems.. The fix cost was $6 K paid by Ford . I still have pictures of my repair , it meant tearing down the tranny to replace the input shaft .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yeah it should have been but it could be a very low mile car and hadn't been checked yet....I believe there has been a TSB put out

and I'm sure that could be searched through one of your local Ford dealers...just a heads up bud.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

The 07 problem was the clearance on the clutch to input shaft  spline was two tight so the clutch would hang up & not totally engage at times Ford caught it early 08 &  applied grease & I believe more clearance to the spline on the clutch & new steel flywheel. They came out with a third version late in 08 not sure  what the change was. But Grabber knows all about all problems.. The fix cost was $6 K paid by Ford . I still have pictures of my repair , it meant tearing down the tranny to replace the input shaft .  

Thanks Jim that's what I was talking about....I never got pictures of mine they picked up the car and the work got done TWICE actually...this clutch

grease clearance thing and then my flywheel...all covered under warranty of course.

Edited by svtkeith
  • Like 1

Doc the '07-'09's are similar. The 2010's have the updated body but same engine, you might be able to find a reasonably priced one of those with the updated clutch and flywheel assembly already installed from the factory.

Also, FYI the '07s have the Ford GT style very heavy harmonic balancer that should be changed out to the '08-up Ford replacement or risk breaking the end of the crankshaft. I have an installation kit I put together in case someone has an '07 and wants to change it.

Edited by Secondo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Secondo said:

Doc the '07-'09's are similar. The 2010's have the updated body but same engine, you might be able to find a reasonably priced one of those with the updated clutch and flywheel assembly already installed from the factory.

Also, FYI the '07s have the Ford GT style very heavy harmonic balancer that should be changed out to the '08-up Ford replacement or risk breaking the end of the crankshaft. I have an installation kit I put together in case someone has an '07 and wants to change it.

Wasn't aware of this harmonic balancer thing but good to know this Sean.

• Like 1

Hey Keefer, sorry I couldn't get back sooner to say that's a pretty cool "Big Boy Toy" you have, and you were even able to push a little more H.P. out of it!  That's pretty cool too!  :yup::cool:

Keefer,  I saw that you guys were posting about the (clutch & flywheel) problems that the Mustang GT 500 were having relating back to I think was 07 to early 09.  A couple of days ago on one of the posting Mach1 1970 Alias (Slow Lane) was referring to and posting about this same subject matter, and I found it very informative.   He has in the past owned a 2008 GT 500 KR so he definitely knows what he's talking about.  I think you guys that are interested in this subject should check it out!!!:thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

I have an 07.  Best thing to do if the clutch needs replacing is replace with an McCleod RXT clutch kit.

The pedal pressure is less and can handle more abuse and power.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, sorry I couldn't get back sooner to say that's a pretty cool "Big Boy Toy" you have, and you were even able to push a little more H.P. out of it!  That's pretty cool too!  :yup::cool:

Keefer,  I saw that you guys were posting about the (clutch & flywheel) problems that the Mustang GT 500 were having relating back to I think was 07 to early 09.  A couple of days ago on one of the posting Mach1 1970 Alias (Slow Lane) was referring to and posting about this same subject matter, and I found it very informative.   He has in the past owned a 2008 GT 500 KR so he definitely knows what he's talking about.  I think you guys that are interested in this subject should check it out!!!:thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

Thanks Goose!!…….:thumbsup:   ..Yes I saw that Mach had mentioned the 08 flywheel issue with the KR's and I responded to him about that...….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 07gt500conv said:

I have an 07.  Best thing to do if the clutch needs replacing is replace with an McCleod RXT clutch kit.

The pedal pressure is less and can handle more abuse and power.

That would be the best thing to do especially when adding more power as you did Jimmer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah it should have been but it could be a very low mile car and hadn't been checked yet....I believe there has been a TSB put out

and I'm sure that could be searched through one of your local Ford dealers...just a heads up bud.

Thanks, I'll definitely check on that when I get to that step.

18 hours ago, Secondo said:

Hmm, maybe I'll look at some '09s if the problems were all addressed by then.

• Like 1

Happy Hump Day Lobby.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Happy Hump Day Lobby.

Hey guy,  Right back at Ya!!!!   :yup::)

Well heading out to visit the boy in Halifax...….:happyfeet: ……..be back Friday night later dudes!!…………:thumbsup:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Well heading out to visit the boy in Halifax...….:happyfeet: ……..be back Friday night later dudes!!…………:thumbsup:

Enjoy and be safe.

9 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I need a new project. :lurk:

What kind of Project, I could loan you one of mine............... 

6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

What kind of Project, I could loan you one of mine............... 

Do you have anything besides Fords? :lurk:

• Haha 1