• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Well, since we're talking about animals, I just wanted to chime in.  My wife was out in our front yard yesterday and she found a fairly large rabbit with it's head missing and one single large feather by it.  She and I figure it was probably a Hawk, but I'm curious why did it only take the head of the rabbit and leave the body? 

Later!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

Most times that's what happens....when a cat eats a mouse it'll eat the head first same as a fox eating a rabbit …..:yup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Cool.  Just in the local area I know of 4, now it's just a matter of being able to pull the trigger.  And it looks like it might be fall before I can do that.

Just a thought......if you find one with around 15K to 30K Miles, it may have had the Clutch Problem fixed already.

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Most times that's what happens....when a cat eats a mouse it'll eat the head first same as a fox eating a rabbit …..:yup:

Most predators are highly efficient. They will consume areas where there is the most energy benefit of proteins and fats. The head is an area filled with proteins and fats. Hawks will typically not consume the digestive tract of prey for two reasons. One, if they kill an herbivore such as a rabbit it will usually have grasses within the gastro intestinal tract which is not appetizing to a carnivore and they usually don't have the necessary enzymes to digest grasses properly. The second reason is that many prey also carry gastro intestinal parasites and predators try to avoid these areas to avoid picking up diseases. Nature is efficient so the guts are usually left for vultures, rats, and other scavengers. Thus giving the hawk  a chance at an easy second meal if he leaves some bait behind.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Good choice but try & get it all . Hey you going to the T.S  Detroit bash?

No.  I was thinking about it, but without being able to do the track stuff, going out only for the weekend woulda been best for me, but without that being an option, it's a no-go.  And I think life got in the way that weekend.

I'm gonna need some help getting the gorgeous redhead, might need to call in some favors, so if y'all know of any, keep them in mind for me.

19 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I got a BUNCH of it....... Publix had it on Sale and I loaded up .................... :woohoo:

Ice Cream party at TES'

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Most predators are highly efficient. They will consume areas where there is the most energy benefit of proteins and fats. The head is an area filled with proteins and fats. Hawks will typically not consume the digestive tract of prey for two reasons. One, if they kill an herbivore such as a rabbit it will usually have grasses within the gastro intestinal tract which is not appetizing to a carnivore and they usually don't have the necessary enzymes to digest grasses properly. The second reason is that many prey also carry gastro intestinal parasites and predators try to avoid these areas to avoid picking up diseases. Nature is efficient so the guts are usually left for vultures, rats, and other scavengers. Thus giving the hawk  a chance at an easy second meal if he leaves some bait behind.

Hey guy,  thanks for your very informative post!   I never really thought about in those terms, but after analyzing your post, I think it makes alot of sense in what you said!   Very interesting, thanks!:)             

Later!                "MONGOOSE"        :peelout:

8 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Just a thought......if you find one with around 15K to 30K Miles, it may have had the Clutch Problem fixed already.

that's what I'm hoping.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

And carnivores, like wolves, will go after the organs, especially the liver, cuz all kinds of good stuff there.  The lesser in the pack get the meat, but those at the top of the chain get the organs and stuff.

• Like 1

FYI My 2007 GT500 original clutch lasted 36000+ miles.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Secondo said:

BUZZ KILL.............................................:hysterical2:

:peelout:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

No.  I was thinking about it, but without being able to do the track stuff, going out only for the weekend woulda been best for me, but without that being an option, it's a no-go.  And I think life got in the way that weekend.

I'm gonna need some help getting the gorgeous redhead, might need to call in some favors, so if y'all know of any, keep them in mind for me.

I believe Keith can help you .

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Secondo said:

When mine was done at 5K I was able to take pictures & watch them do it . looking at the disc it had a couple minor face scratches & the flywheel also had two small scratches or grooves other than that very little wear & no heat marks .I witnessed 5 clutch changes for various members & the worst one for wear was Cobra Racing`s  car .

On 8/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, shelby001 said:

Good choice but try & get it all . Hey you going to the T.S  Detroit bash?

I will be there.  Are you going Jim?

2 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Oh, yeah, that's not happening.  I've seen his gals.  And 'gorgeous' isn't EVER used with them.

Happy Friday Lobby.  time to drive the cars and be happy. :peelout:

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, DrHawkeye said:

4 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Yeah he can......Keith can give you a TON or two of Help in that department............:spiteful:

:hysterical2:

Edited by tesgt350
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

Yeah he can......Keith can give you a TON or two of Help in that department............:spiteful:

:hysterical2:

I used to be able to help but "unfortunately" for Doc I am now not allowed...………..:hysterical:

Checking in from Nova Scotia...……...Officially our yacht club weekend!!…..just got back Pitch and I were out in the boat poker run BUT the only

thing I won was a sunburn....Pitch just got darker!!………….:happyfeet:

Checking in from Nova Scotia...……...Officially our yacht club weekend!!…..just got back Pitch and I were out in the boat poker run BUT the only

32 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :camera:

32 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Post Whore. :rant2:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Sounds like a great time was had, tell Pitch not to get too dark .

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Not to worry I`am sure he has pictures of  few broken mailboxes. 

26 minutes ago, MikeCMM said:

Afternoon guys! 

Afternoon Mike :hat_tip:

:hysterical3:

3 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

Just now, shelby001 said:

Afternoon Mike :hat_tip:

How do!

I just thought I'd poke my head in and see what's going on.

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Nothing happened in the boat I promise...…….:spiteful:

13 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

None left to break Jim...………:hysterical: