• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Was at Beloit Autorama on Sunday, it's a fairly good size car show just north of the border, I think they said they had over 1200 cars last year.  I was number 561 this year around 9am, and there was a lot more after me.  Not a lot of Mustangs unfortunately, but I did run into another '64.5, original owner.  He bought it new in May '64, and it was built a couple weeks before he bought it (based on the door tag, so a week give or take).  Didn't get to see the engine cuz he had the hood down.  I was hoping to see one with a generator since I'm looking for some info, but that was the only one I saw.  It's a heavy Chevy show, so Fords don't go there very much.  It was a hot one that day, so I didn't do much roaming other than checking out the swap meet and vendors, and they were fairly close to where I was parked.  Usually a real nice selection of hot rods parked in the shade by the river.

I thought all brands went from generators to alternators by 1964?...thought they all changed over between 61-63....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

It did a complete flip and ended up back on it's wheels.  And yeah, a little foggy in the morning, Jim said the track was a little damp in places, so he wasn't really pushing it early on.  Then it warmed and dried and he was going hard.  I don't know if it has a shaker or not, I'm gonna have to look at it again.  If he makes it to the show Sat I'll grab a few pics.  It's an '07, but he's doing a Boss tribute, so it might have a shaker.  I wish I woulda got a ride with him at Indy during the MCA 40th, he said that was a sweet ride, but we found out too late that he could take riders.

Yes I'd like to see a picture especially on an 07-09.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, svtkeith said:

Some fine driving by your buddy...man did that GT500 go for a flip it almost looks like he ended up on his side it also looked foggy in that

short vid....Doc does your buddies Mustang have a shaker scoop?....sure looks like it cool!!...would love to see pictures of that.

Thanks for posting this.

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

It did a complete flip and ended up back on it's wheels.  And yeah, a little foggy in the morning, Jim said the track was a little damp in places, so he wasn't really pushing it early on.  Then it warmed and dried and he was going hard.  I don't know if it has a shaker or not, I'm gonna have to look at it again.  If he makes it to the show Sat I'll grab a few pics.  It's an '07, but he's doing a Boss tribute, so it might have a shaker.  I wish I woulda got a ride with him at Indy during the MCA 40th, he said that was a sweet ride, but we found out too late that he could take riders.

YES, that is a Shaker Scoop set up on the Car. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I thought all brands went from generators to alternators by 1964?...thought they all changed over between 61-63....

Nope, there is actually no such thing as a 1964.5 mustang. They were all officially 1965 models. Any mustang built before around mid August 1964 would have had a generator. They switched to alternators on August 17, 1965.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Nope, there is actually no such thing as a 1964.5 mustang. They were all officially 1965 models. Any mustang built before around mid August 1964 would have had a generator. They switched to alternators on August 17, 1965.

True.  Media and historians started using the 64.5 designation to differentiate the differences in the "early 1965" (Ford designation) models with generators (instead of alternator), 260 V8, different hood and such. The 64.5 designation has been embedded incorrectly in discussion for over fifty years. 

Similar to the legendary incorrect reference to early references to hardtop Mustang as a coupe.  A hardtop is a two door sedan with roll down rear quarter windows, the coupe, like  the current series of Mustangs, is a two door with fixed rear quarter windows. I know...how picky!  

Edited by 66GT350PS
  • Like 3

On 9/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, svtkeith said:

Some fine driving by your buddy...man did that GT500 go for a flip it almost looks like he ended up on his side it also looked foggy in that

short vid....Doc does your buddies Mustang have a shaker scoop?....sure looks like it cool!!...would love to see pictures of that.

Thanks for posting this.

My buddy has an '08 That was done up as a Boss by the local dealer, his has the Shaker scoop.... I'll see if I can get pics... I know it's for sale now as well.

Edit... here's a link to the ad... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2008-Ford-Mustang-c8312?ax8324=30556395&cgagid=13089545&cgcid=1654&px8324=p2&sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&kw=%2Bmustangs %2B2008&matchtype=b&ad=201263574218&placement=&networktype=g&device=c&devicemodel=&adposition=1t2&physloc=9006946&intloc=&aceid=&cid=206607905&agid=49242533251&tgtid=kwd-358156912680&fid=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwZe_3IzH3QIVC18NCh1zcwQTEAAYAiAAEgKuIfD_BwE#listing=215215518

Edited by Doug_GT350
Add link

46 minutes ago, Doug_GT350 said:

Wow Doogs thanks for posting that...…..Now that is one FINE looking Mustang right there....And in my favorite colour.:worship: ….Your buddy did a great job.

For the life of me I can't understand why FORD never done a Mach1 Edition like that right from the factory with the shaker as it was such a beautiful

car back in 69-70 and that 07-09 body style was perfect for it...…..Oh and just for the record I'd take the rear and side window slats off that car the rest

is perfect!!

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Wow Doogs thanks for posting that...…..Now that is one FINE looking Mustang right there....And in my favorite colour.:worship: ….Your buddy did a great job.

For the life of me I can't understand why FORD never done a Mach1 Edition like that right from the factory with the shaker as it was such a beautiful

car back in 69-70 and that 07-09 body style was perfect for it...…..Oh and just for the record I'd take the rear and side window slats off that car the rest

is perfect!!

Actually he bought it like that, one of the local dealers (Kelly Ford) put together two of them. Shameful part is he never really enjoyed the car it has less than 3000 miles on it.

4 minutes ago, Doug_GT350 said:

Actually he bought it like that, one of the local dealers (Kelly Ford) put together two of them. Shameful part is he never really enjoyed the car it has less than 3000 miles on it.

Doogs was that your buddy that passed away a while back?....or was that the guy with the Camaro?

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Doogs was that your buddy that passed away a while back?....or was that the guy with the Camaro?

No this is an old friend of mine, I have known him all my life.... 60 + years. My buddy that passed away was the Camaro guy, his widow still has the cars.

2 hours ago, Doug_GT350 said:

No this is an old friend of mine, I have known him all my life.... 60 + years. My buddy that passed away was the Camaro guy, his widow still has the cars.

Ok gotcha Doogs...he should have no problem selling that car and kudos to the dealers for adding that pkg it's awesome looking...like I said

something Ford should have done all along.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:00 PM, svtkeith said:

MHR answered that question pretty well.  I have nothing to add.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:02 PM, svtkeith said:

Yes I'd like to see a picture especially on an 07-09.

I'll put it on my to-do list next time I see him.  Don't know if he's got go-kart races this weekend or not, so I may see him at the show Sat.  But I found these on my Flickr from when we did Indy.  Looks like a shaker to me.

29936404032_bb1250a0fc_z.jpgGuinessAttemptRyders by DrHawkeye, on Flickr

30016036556_e7de4a1ec6_z.jpgRyders by DrHawkeye, on Flickr

Jim and his wife Kim, while we were lined up to do Sun morning paced laps around the IMS.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskGSv34r That's the link to the whole album from Indy and MCAs 40th.

Edited by DrHawkeye

23 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

What he said.  The '64.5 is just the generally accepted term for the early ones with generators, and the really big honking horns, and a different hood (which actually has a few versions of it's own), different carpet, grills, headlamp buckets, and a hundred or so other changes.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I'll put it on my to-do list next time I see him.  Don't know if he's got go-kart races this weekend or not, so I may see him at the show Sat.  But I found these on my Flickr from when we did Indy.  Looks like a shaker to me.

29936404032_bb1250a0fc_z.jpgGuinessAttemptRyders by DrHawkeye, on Flickr

30016036556_e7de4a1ec6_z.jpgRyders by DrHawkeye, on Flickr

Jim and his wife Kim, while we were lined up to do Sun morning paced laps around the IMS.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskGSv34r That's the link to the whole album from Indy and MCAs 40th.

Yeah shaker really enhances the looks of those Mustangs for sure.....Awesome pics Doc looks like the paint on your Mustang came

out great and the colour looks great on that style Mustang....:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks, for the most part the paint is great, but there's a few issues that I'll have to take it back to him to get resolved after the season is over.  I was hoping I was done with him, but I can't let these things slide.

• Like 1

Thanks, for the most part the paint is great, but there's a few issues that I'll have to take it back to him to get resolved after the season is over.  I was hoping I was done with him, but I can't let these things slide.

Holy crap it should have been perfect for the amount of time he had it...……….:doh:

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, svtkeith said:

is perfect!!

Ford did do a nice Mach 1 in 2003 / 2004.

04ford55439-1.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Holy crap it should have been perfect for the amount of time he had it...……….:doh:

If he had actually worked on it during all that time he had it, then I would agree.  Getting a couple bubbles in the paint on the front fender, and a crack by the gas cap (that he's already redone a couple times).  I'm not even gonna bitch about some of the sanding lines and other stuff, but those 2 things shouldn't happen, and he's gonna fix them til he gets it right.

• Like 1

Happy Friday Lobby.  Seeing Ozzy tonight!!  Get on the Crazy Train.

• Like 1

Awesome!  I've got tickets to see him in a few weeks.  Did you see the recent Black Sabbath tour?  They were great.

• Like 1

If he had actually worked on it during all that time he had it, then I would agree.  Getting a couple bubbles in the paint on the front fender, and a crack by the gas cap (that he's already redone a couple times).  I'm not even gonna bitch about some of the sanding lines and other stuff, but those 2 things shouldn't happen, and he's gonna fix them til he gets it right.

Damn right it shouldn't be happening...if it's cracking he should have used lead in that seem not body fill.

• Like 2

Happy Friday Lobby.  Seeing Ozzy tonight!!  Get on the Crazy Train.

Enjoy the Oz!!!...……..:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Damn right it shouldn't be happening...if it's cracking he should have used lead in that seem not body fill.

Hey guys, a old friend of mine who is a awesome painter and customizer and has done many show vehicles, he told me once , if you want a "Perfect Paint Job" don't come here because no paint job is totally perfect !    But, with that said, I totally agree with you wanting more quality work out of the painter and bodyman!     If I was you, I would be totally pissed and giving him the car back and telling him if it isn't fixed right this time, you will be his (Worst Advertisement)!!!  :thumbsup:    Wish you "Good Luck"!

Later Doc!

"MONGOOSE"                 :peelout:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Ford did do a nice Mach 1 in 2003 / 2004.

04ford55439-1.jpg

I know I had an 03 but the 05-09 body style was more suited for that Mach1 pkg...way more retro.

• Like 2

Hey guys, the 03/04 Mach 1 was a pretty good looking package, but I still have to go to my all time favorites in the "Mach1"!!!!     The "69" & "70" Mach 1 are my all time (Favorite Mustangs), just as the 1963 Split Window, Corvette StingRay coupe is my all time (Favorite Corvette).    And, you know what these "Super Cool Fastbacks", both Ford & Chevy have in common,  the very famous designer, (Larry Shinoda) who is also credited with the famous "Boss 302 Mustang"!    These cars are a couple of reason's why I'm a big (Ford & Chevy) fan, but I'm still very (open minded) and a fan of lots of the cars of the other manufacturer's products and I will promote this type of car culture to the day I die, because, I'm a (Car Guy)!!! :thumbsup:

Later guys!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout:

15 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, the 03/04 Mach 1 was a pretty good looking package, but I still have to go to my all time favorites in the "Mach1"!!!!     The "69" & "70" Mach 1 are my all time (Favorite Mustangs), just as the 1963 Split Window, Corvette StingRay coupe is my all time (Favorite Corvette).    And, you know what these "Super Cool Fastbacks", both Ford & Chevy have in common,  the very famous designer, (Larry Shinoda) who is also credited with the famous "Boss 302 Mustang"!    These cars are a couple of reason's why I'm a big (Ford & Chevy) fan, but I'm still very (open minded) and a fan of lots of the cars of the other manufacturer's products and I will promote this type of car culture to the day I die, because, I'm a (Car Guy)!!! :thumbsup:

Later guys!

My all time favorite Vettes looks wise are the 1980-82's but the 63-67's are a close 2nd...I didn't like the 83-89's....:play:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Later guys!

My 03 Mach1 was one of the best sounding cars "exhaust wise" I've owned right from the factory....Now my 04  SVTCobras exhaust wasn't as loud

as the Mach1 but when you put your foot into the fun peddle the SC's whine was pure sound porn...…:peelout:

• Like 1