Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Recommended Posts

On 9/19/2018 at 9:45 AM, svtkeith said:

 

Wow Doogs thanks for posting that...…..Now that is one FINE looking Mustang right there....And in my favorite colour.:worship: ….Your buddy did a great job.

For the life of me I can't understand why FORD never done a Mach1 Edition like that right from the factory with the shaker as it was such a beautiful

car back in 69-70 and that 07-09 body style was perfect for it...…..Oh and just for the record I'd take the rear and side window slats off that car the rest

is perfect!!

Hey Kieth, I was talking to my buddy yesterday and he told me that he really wants to sell this car, don't know if you or one of your friends may be interested. Lemme know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Oh yes the judo fall....slapping the ole arms as you hit the ground does work......And the ole tuck your head and roll onto your shoulder and back then

off the hip/butt to your feet works also...….:thumbsup:

Yup, no break-fall in this case, just a good tuck and roll.  Slapping hard ground isn't a good thing.  It's much better on padded mats.  Besides, I had forward momentum, so I used it to my advantage.  That Newton guy was onto something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, my daughter and son in-law live in SanFrancisco and she had a electric (Battery) scooter  which could do about 18mph, but her hubby had a (boosted board) which can do 22mph!   She couldn't keep up with him, so she sold the scooter, and then bought a (boosted board) for her!   They have added lights to their boards for at night, and they don't own a car anymore, so they use their boards alot to get around for fun, work, or going out to eat, or to just go sight-seeing!!!   :camera:    :thumbsup:

Later Guys!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout: 

:camera: ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

:camera: ??

I'll try and post some pictures later if I can find some!   :thumbsup:

Later!   

"MONGOOSE"                :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doug_GT350 said:

Hey Kieth, I was talking to my buddy yesterday and he told me that he really wants to sell this car, don't know if you or one of your friends may be interested. Lemme know.

 

Not me Doogs it's to crazy getting a car across that border....plus kind of holding up to see what the new GT500 looks like and if that don't do

it for me I may be getting a Hellcat....BUT I will pass that info on in case one of my buds are interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yup, no break-fall in this case, just a good tuck and roll.  Slapping hard ground isn't a good thing.  It's much better on padded mats.  Besides, I had forward momentum, so I used it to my advantage.  That Newton guy was onto something.

 

No padded mats on the ground in Sandy Eggo????…………….:hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

No padded mats on the ground in Sandy Eggo????…………….:hysterical:

Nope.  The handicap ramp from the street to the sidewalk wasn't even smooth, it had quarter-sized raised things, which to me seems like it would be harder for wheelchairs and things.  Definitely not a lot of give or cushion there.  Probably break an arm or hand doing a break-fall onto that.  Would be different on the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring another mechanical breakage, I should have the Mustang back today or tomorrow.  Was back at the shop getting the generator put on, and unfortunately, coming back from the test drive, the generator started smoking.  So, it went back to the place that rebuilt it last month (best place in town) and found an internal problem.  So, was supposed to be re-rebuilt, and hopefully done today.  Last show of the season is Sat and if I have it back I'll be going.  Then I have to find some time with my racing buddy Jim to do the front-end stuff, before taking it back to the painter.

And on another note, I got my ticket for Kansas in May.  10th row center.  Ticketmaster kept malfunctioning and cost me a 7th row seat.  Rotten bastages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lobby is awful quiet, did everybody go to the C8 thread and abandon the Lobby? :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Nope.  The handicap ramp from the street to the sidewalk wasn't even smooth, it had quarter-sized raised things, which to me seems like it would be harder for wheelchairs and things.  Definitely not a lot of give or cushion there.  Probably break an arm or hand doing a break-fall onto that.  Would be different on the beach.

 

Yup an arm buster for sure bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Barring another mechanical breakage, I should have the Mustang back today or tomorrow.  Was back at the shop getting the generator put on, and unfortunately, coming back from the test drive, the generator started smoking.  So, it went back to the place that rebuilt it last month (best place in town) and found an internal problem.  So, was supposed to be re-rebuilt, and hopefully done today.  Last show of the season is Sat and if I have it back I'll be going.  Then I have to find some time with my racing buddy Jim to do the front-end stuff, before taking it back to the painter.

And on another note, I got my ticket for Kansas in May.  10th row center.  Ticketmaster kept malfunctioning and cost me a 7th row seat.  Rotten bastages.

 

 

Doc are you still looking at getting an 09 GT500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met a guy last Sunday that just bought an '08 GT500 for $30,500 with 8500 miles.... black with the stripe delete. They're out there if you keep looking....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Lobby is awful quiet, did everybody go to the C8 thread and abandon the Lobby? :cry:

Nope. :lurk:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Nope. :lurk:

 

 

Tek tried PM'g you I think your mailbox is full...….Any thing new on Ruff?....I had heard he ran into some health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

 

Doc are you still looking at getting an 09 GT500?

Yup, '07-'09.  gonna be a couple more months before the legal nonsense is over unfortunately.  Was supposed to done last Fri, but her lawyer brought up more stupid crap that he had no info on, so the judge just delayed things cuz he wanted to get out early that day, instead of doing his job.  My lawyer was more than a bit miffed.  Still waiting for the final answer.  :rant2::swear::gaah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Doug_GT350 said:

I met a guy last Sunday that just bought an '08 GT500 for $30,500 with 8500 miles.... black with the stripe delete. They're out there if you keep looking....

Oh yeah, I'd love to jump on the one that got listed here last week, right up in WI, but I have to be smart and wait til I know if my finances are gonna be screwed up before I make that kind of commitment.  Fortunately I have the patience of a saint.  Or so I've been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Friday y'all.  Big plans for the weekend are to get the last batch of fertilizer on the lawn.  I'm just so excited I can't stand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yup, '07-'09.  gonna be a couple more months before the legal nonsense is over unfortunately.  Was supposed to done last Fri, but her lawyer brought up more stupid crap that he had no info on, so the judge just delayed things cuz he wanted to get out early that day, instead of doing his job.  My lawyer was more than a bit miffed.  Still waiting for the final answer.  :rant2::swear::gaah:

 

Gotcha….well that sucks Doc seems like you've been dealing with this since quite some time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Happy Friday y'all.  Big plans for the weekend are to get the last batch of fertilizer on the lawn.  I'm just so excited I can't stand it.

 

Yes calm down excitement like that could send your ticker into a Tack A Cardia...……..:hysterical:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Tek tried PM'g you I think your mailbox is full...….Any thing new on Ruff?....I had heard he ran into some health issues.

I just checked my inbox. It's not full. :shrug:

I haven't talked to Ruf since before that hurricane was heading his way.

I haven't heard anything about any health issues he may have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

I just checked my inbox. It's not full. :shrug:

I haven't talked to Ruf since before that hurricane was heading his way.

I haven't heard anything about any health issues he may have.

 

That funny it says your mailbox is full.....:shrug: ….Oh well no biggie.

Oh ok well maybe it all here say but heard he had mentioned something on FB.....:shrug: ….hope it's not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I just checked my inbox. It's not full. :shrug:

I haven't talked to Ruf since before that hurricane was heading his way.

I haven't heard anything about any health issues he may have.

I heard something about throat cancer that someone saw on Facebook. I'm only stating what I read, no proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Doug_GT350 said:

I heard something about throat cancer that someone saw on Facebook. I'm only stating what I read, no proof.

 

That's exactly what I heard also Doogs….sure hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Wow. Maybe I'll give him a call and see how he is.

 

Yes Tek you've got contact with him find out and if you do keep us in the loop bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, svtkeith said:

 

Yes calm down excitement like that could send your ticker into a Tack A Cardia...……..:hysterical:

The 40mph winds over the weekend took the excitement away.  So I went and saw "First Man" instead.  Pretty good film, and a good watch in IMAX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, svtkeith said:

 

That's exactly what I heard also Doogs….sure hope not.

Talked to him today. It's true.

He's in good spirits though. It's hard for him to talk, so I kept the conversation short.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Talked to him today. It's true.

He's in good spirits though. It's hard for him to talk, so I kept the conversation short.

 

 

 

Damn!!…. sorry to hear this Tek...is he on treatments?...if you're talking to him again give him my best.

Thanks for the update Tek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

The 40mph winds over the weekend took the excitement away.  So I went and saw "First Man" instead.  Pretty good film, and a good watch in IMAX.

 

Yeah who wants to spread crap in the wind...……..:hysterical:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×