19 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Yes you did. i saw your reply.

But I replied to Jimmer...I saw where you replied to him also but never saw a PM from you to me...…:shrug:

9 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

But I replied to Jimmer...I saw where you replied to him also but never saw a PM from you to me...…:shrug:

I didn't PM you. Jimmer PMed both of us.

53 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Oh and Keith, thank you. :mail:

:thumbsup:

Yur welcome Sir!!…..:thumbsup: …...Sent one to Ruff but don't know if he's got the same address as last year...I don't believe so.

56 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

I didn't PM you. Jimmer PMed both of us.

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!....Well that makes sense now....Jimmer messed me up when he posted YOU sent me a PM.....:doh:

Lots of happy people round these parts today.  Bears clinched the division by beating the hated Cheeseheads, and kept them from getting to the playoffs.  It's a great day to be a BEARS fan.  Bears go worst to first.  WhooooHooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::clapping::happyfeet:

• Sad 1

I have no money in the stock market, so I'm not losing anything.

Being in the financial industry, I always find it interesting when people complain about the market being down.  Keep in mind, you're still way up from 2009 and even more so since the tail end of 2016.  Put things into perspective rather than focusing on the noise.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

Being in the financial industry, I always find it interesting when people complain about the market being down.  Keep in mind, you're still way up from 2009 and even more so since the tail end of 2016.  Put things into perspective rather than focusing on the noise.  

Well said. 

2 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Blame the evil media.  They're the ones pushing the fake news about it.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Blame the evil media.  They're the ones pushing the fake news about it.

Yes Sir Fake news big time...what they can't seem to get is they're hurting their own Country with that BS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ViperNC said:

I call bs.   Financial guys think of the market as having been there forever and going on forever.   Indeed,, over a longer period of time it projects well, and if you put noise filters starts to fit a straight line.

It works very well if you're buying.  However, if you're finished with the putting in part and living on the taking out part, then all of that value that was present in January and has vaporized just cut about 5 years off of our projected path of not having to use our principal.   Oh and that 200K+ that I rolled from my pension plan to the IRA?  Well that vaporized.  And that was with the conservative plan. I'd hate to see what his aggressive portfolio looks like. 

The stock markets are the opposite of gas prices:  Gas prices go up very quickly and go down slowly.  The stock market goes down very quickly and recovers slowly.  The history has been that the values lost over the past quarter will take two years to return a portfolio to what it was in October (OK, it might be 18 months, but it won't be 6 months).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

I call bs.   Financial guys think of the market as having been there forever and going on forever.   Indeed,, over a longer period of time it projects well, and if you put noise filters starts to fit a straight line.

It works very well if you're buying.  However, if you're finished with the putting in part and living on the taking out part, then all of that value that was present in January and has vaporized just cut about 5 years off of our projected path of not having to use our principal.   Oh and that 200K+ that I rolled from my pension plan to the IRA?  Well that vaporized.  And that was with the conservative plan. I'd hate to see what his aggressive portfolio looks like. 

The stock markets are the opposite of gas prices:  Gas prices go up very quickly and go down slowly.  The stock market goes down very quickly and recovers slowly.  The history has been that the values lost over the past quarter will take two years to return a portfolio to what it was in October (OK, it might be 18 months, but it won't be 6 months).

That is an emotional response to what is happening in the market.  And a common response when markets are in correction.  The market is not for the faint of heart.  If you were so concerned about the downside risk, you could have pulled your portfolio and put everything in a CD for guaranteed returns.  But then you would not have enjoyed the run up since 2015 which was sort of flat.  Rule #1:  You can't time the market.  Those who try rarely win.  I don't manage money, but many of my business partners are CFA's, RIA's, etc.  My role is to provide the insurance for business, estate, and family planning so I eventually see the client's entire portfolio.  My recommendation is define your risk tolerance and then plan accordingly.  Most people get that step wrong when it comes to money and overestimate their risk tolerance because they want to participate in market gains, but when things go south they are the first to complain about it.  So call it BS if you want.... facts are facts and math doesn't lie: You're still way up from 2009 and the market will not always go up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

That is an emotional response to what is happening in the market.  And a common response when markets are in correction.  The market is not for the faint of heart.  If you were so concerned about the downside risk, you could have pulled your portfolio and put everything in a CD for guaranteed returns.  But then you would not have enjoyed the run up since 2015 which was sort of flat.  Rule #1:  You can't time the market.  Those who try rarely win.  I don't manage money, but many of my business partners are CFA's, RIA's, etc.  My role is to provide the insurance for business, estate, and family planning so I eventually see the client's entire portfolio.  My recommendation is define your risk tolerance and then plan accordingly.  Most people get that step wrong when it comes to money and overestimate their risk tolerance because they want to participate in market gains, but when things go south they are the first to complain about it.  So call it BS if you want.... facts are facts and math doesn't lie: You're still way up from 2009 and the market will not always go up.

Ford Stock is at about 8.29 do you think Ford will get above 20 any time in 2019?

55 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

You got it Blake...You know the old saying...Liars figure but figures don't lye......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

Ford Stock is at about 8.29 do you think Ford will get above 20 any time in 2019?

If I had a crystal ball, I would have bought Ford back in 2008 rather than my GT500 when their stock was down to $1.36 a share in inter day trading..... But NOOOO!  I had to go waste money on a toy that I still own and got 10 years of enjoyment out of.  At least I bought the GT500 below invoice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViperNC said:

If I had a crystal ball, I would have bought Ford back in 2008 rather than my GT500 when their stock was down to $1.36 a share in inter day trading..... But NOOOO!  I had to go waste money on a toy that I still own and got 10 years of enjoyment out of.  At least I bought the GT500 below invoice.

Yeah, I wish I had bought back then too.  I don't own any Stock, never have, I don't have the Money to play the Stock Market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

I highly doubt it. Ford stock hasn't been in the 20's since around 2001.

Edited by tekheavy

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

About the same time Shelby stock hits a buck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Just about everybody has a different definition of “Rule #1” when it comes to investing.

Buffets Rule #1 was “never lose money”…….even though he has lot a boatload of money on a few occasions.

Peter Lynch of Fidelity Investments Rule #1 was “know what you own and why you own it”.

I try to follow Mr Lynch’s philosophy and it has served me well. I rarely buy stocks in companies that I don’t know something about their technology, their management culture, the companies products  and their financials.  Somebody who just is  crying fake news about everything is a cop out. Too many people don’t study individual companies. This doesn’t mean you have to be some kind of financial genius or an accountant.

But the over all real rule #1 is really like going to Vegas. Never bet (invest) more than you are willing to lose…..

• Like 1

Got the card Keith, thank you.

Today is my last day of work. We are on vacation until January 2nd.

My Retirement date is January 1st 2019. I am officially retiring after 28 plus years at the University.

My girlfriend and I plan on attending some Shelby events this summer.

Merry Christmas Y'all, Eh. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kstrong said:

My Retirement date is January 1st 2019. I am officially retiring after 28 plus years at the University.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!

• Like 1

happy Fri-YAY!!  A day and a half of work next week and I'm off til next year.  Oh yeah, Winter is Coming.  Blessed Yule.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kstrong said:

You're welcome my friend...That's awesome bud congrats!!….Merry Christmas to you as well Kenner!!…..:thumbsup:

• Like 1