• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

14 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

The Challenger is the hottest selling muscle car of the big 3.....like it or not. 

https://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-challenger-sales-continue-grow-segment-declines

Hmmmmm..........................

"So, while the Challenger is still trailing the Mustang in the 2018 annual sales race, it is doing considerably better than either of the competitors in the grand scheme of things – posting solid growth while the competition is way down."  

The Mustang sales might be down a bit BUT, it is STILL out selling the Challenger...........................The Challenger has been and still IS, playing Catch Up with the Mustang............................ so I guess you can say that, the MUSTANG is the Hottest Selling Muscle Car STILL...... :peelout:

• Like 3

+1 David, only the mopar heads want the challenger- no-one else wants a 10 year old "new" car.

Rave reviews everywhere for the 2018 Mustang whereas the Challenger has nothing except the demon.

Edited by Secondo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

The Challenger is the hottest selling muscle car of the big 3.....like it or not. 

https://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-challenger-sales-continue-grow-segment-declines

You will note they say “US sales” ....like it or not.

world-wide factored in here:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/17/ford-mustang-world-s-best-selling-sports-coupe/

Edited by JeffIsHereToo
  • Like 1

Torque news is wrong. Here are the sales figures for the USA in 2018.

ps: I don't have the sales figures for "worldwide" handy, but I guarantee you the Challenger and Camaro are NOT outselling the Mustang Worldwide either.

Sales Results - USA - Camaro, Challenger, Mustang - 2018

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
Camaro 2,867 3,680 5,245 4,529 4,529 4,530             25,380
Challenger 3,405 6,093 8,150 5,892 7,005 6,822             37,367
Mustang 4,732 5,800 8,632 7,125 8,739 7,400             42,428

When your sales numbers are higher than your competitors it means you are outselling them.........

Image result for captain obvious

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Torque news is wrong. Here are the sales figures for the USA in 2018.

ps: I don't have the sales figures for "worldwide" handy, but I guarantee you the Challenger and Camaro are NOT outselling the Mustang Worldwide either.

Sales Results - USA - Camaro, Challenger, Mustang - 2018

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
Camaro 2,867 3,680 5,245 4,529 4,529 4,530             25,380
Challenger 3,405 6,093 8,150 5,892 7,005 6,822             37,367
Mustang 4,732 5,800 8,632 7,125 8,739 7,400             42,428

When your sales numbers are higher than your competitors it means you are outselling them.........

Image result for captain obvious

Add on another 13,000 or so for the rest of the world and you’re killing it.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

Add on another 13,000 or so for the rest of the world and you’re killing it.

That sounds about right because typically Ford's world wide sales are about 20 to 30% of USA sales.

I think in the past 3 or 4 years the only time the Challenger outsold the Mustang was back in Feb of this year. Its going to be interesting to see what happens to the Challenger when Hyundai buys FCA in the next year or so.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 2

They’re still selling the crap out of those 10 year old “new” cars. 

7 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

They’re still selling the crap out of those 10 year old “new” cars. 

True........I keep waiting for the Cuda..............  The FOX Mustangs did pretty good for a 14 Year run.

Edited by tesgt350
  • Like 1

Day two of “Excessive Heat Warning”...... it’s 115F again today, and my A/C is now inop. Quickly getting very uncomfortable in here. A/C guys are BURIED. Soonest they can come is between 10-2 tomar. :drop: 

Trying to get a motel for the night. :swear: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

We just got thru over a week of temps in the 90's with very high humidity. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend here with low humidity.

• Like 1

The used car market will be flooded with challengers once the buyers realize they've been duped.

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Day two of “Excessive Heat Warning”...... it’s 115F again today, and my A/C is now inop. Quickly getting very uncomfortable in here. A/C guys are BURIED. Soonest they can come is between 10-2 tomar. :drop: 

Hey Chris, your welcome to use my pool to cool off.  :cold:     We just had some 90s with very high humidity,(sticky)!   And guess what, next week we'll have some more!   :censored:         Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

Quick drive by from Road America., Lost a clutch on Thursday, Kohr Motorsports over knighted an Exidy clutch and C&M performance put it in and I was back on Friday. Now Im Ready for Dearborn! 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, svttim said:

Quick drive by from Road America., Lost a clutch on Thursday, Kohr Motorsports over knighted an Exidy clutch and C&M performance put it in and I was back on Friday. Now Im Ready for Dearborn! 

On the GT350?

12 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Not good bud be carful in that heat....hope the AC gets fixed up soon bud.

• Like 1

In just about any High heat area of the country it is almost paramount to have your house split in to two zones instead of 1 big unit. One of the first things I did was replace a single 5 ton unit with 2 three ton units and split the cooling of the house in to 2 zones. The heat here in Texas over the past 5 summers has caused me 3 outages but I was never without a cool part of the house to go to. Or if you don’t want to go to that expense you can always put a small “mini split” unit somewhere in the house for about $1500 and that way you will always have a cool spot as a back up plan. In BB’s case, he could put a mini split in his garage to keep his garage queens comfortable year round and if his house AC goes out again he won’t have to get a hotel. He can just go out in the garage and fire up the mini split and sleep in the comfort of that big, bloated, and primer coated Challenger………......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

In just about any High heat area of the country it is almost paramount to have your house split in to two zones instead of 1 big unit. One of the first things I did was replace a single 5 ton unit with 2 three ton units and split the cooling of the house in to 2 zones. The heat here in Texas over the past 5 summers has caused me 3 outages but I was never without a cool part of the house to go to. Or if you don’t want to go to that expense you can always put a small “mini split” unit somewhere in the house for about $1500 and that way you will always have a cool spot as a back up plan. In BB’s case, he could put a mini split in his garage to keep his garage queens comfortable year round and if his house AC goes out again he won’t have to get a hotel. He can just go out in the garage and fire up the mini split and sleep in the comfort of that big, bloated, and primer coated Challenger………......

I bought a small 5000 BTU Window A/C Unit that to use if I need it but so far, I have not needed it and I have loaned it to 2 Friends who lost their A/C systems.

4 hours ago, svttim said:

Nice save. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

:ohsnap:

• Haha 1

If my AC ever went out I'd probably just go sleep in my basement. It's gotta be 10 to 15 degrees cooler down there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, svttim said:

Sucks that the clutch went Tim but good you got it fixed that quick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tekheavy said:

If my AC ever went out I'd probably just go sleep in my basement. It's gotta be 10 to 15 degrees cooler down there.

Same here no worries there....71F here and low humidity that's to cool to go in the boat but heading out with the ZR...…:peelout:

• Like 1

Just now, svtkeith said:

Same here no worries there....71F here and low humidity that's to cool to go in the boat but heading out with the ZR...…:peelout:

Enjoy the ride. I'm also taking my Vette out. Meeting some other vette owners for lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Sorry BB, but you have to admit, now that's "Funny"!!     :hysterical2:   

Later!

• Like 1

:peelout:

Road America, very cool track, and in the beautiful Kettle Morreine area.  Glad you got your clutch fixed and back on the road, "Good Luck"!  P.S. Do you think our region could ever join up with SAAC  in the "Road America area, kind of like what they did in the Michigan area.  I would love to be able to attend some of their events!   "Thanks, Tim"     :thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      

43 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Sorry BB, but you have to admit, now that's "Funny"!!     :hysterical2:   

Later!

Well……., originally instead of the challenger joke I was going to use a corvette joke……but everybody knows you can’t  sleep comfortably in a corvette unless you take your AARP card and McDonalds Gift Cards out of your hip pocket……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Well……., originally instead of the challenger joke I was going to use a corvette joke……but everybody knows you can’t  sleep comfortably in a corvette unless you take your AARP card and McDonalds Gift Cards out of your hip pocket……..

Thanks for the "Tip" !!!! :hysterical2:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

15 hours ago, Secondo said:

The used car market will be flooded with challengers once the buyers realize they've been duped.

:talkhand: