See anything cool in this Photo?

58596808_2322280301168777_7730586140868083712_n.jpg

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

See anything cool in this Photo?

58596808_2322280301168777_7730586140868083712_n.jpg

Is that a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler in the background? :lurk:

45 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Good eye. It does look like a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. I think KK worked on that back in the late 60's for NASCAR Super Speedways like Talladega and Daytona. Whats cool about the photo..well back then you could sit at your desk and have a full oxy acetylene rig to weld or light up a smoke without an army of safety engineers swarming on you.

9 hours ago, Secondo said:

Yep. It is either one of the special Blue & White Cars or the Dark Red & White Cars. (Gurney & Yarborough) .

Great day for a Cars and Coffee this morning.  First one of those I've ever done, but basically it's just a really short show being done at noon.  I heard that they had almost 80 cars, our club brought about a dozen.  Really nice turnout.  Several Shelbys and one Factory 5 1965 Cobra.  And a '16 GT-H.  And this afternoon I mowed the yard, which was really high after 2 weeks of steady rain.  I heard we had 3" this past week.  Sump pump running regularly since Thurs.  Seems like the flow into the sump is slowing down tho.  Enjoy the weekend!!

51 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Seems to rain everyday this spring especially the weekends. Haven't had my cars out in weeks.

Had the ZR out today the earliest since I've had it...….Had rain last week but been sunny and warm since...…..:peelout:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Had the ZR out today the earliest since I've had it...….Had rain last week but been sunny and warm since...…..:peelout:

:thumbsup:   I’m jealous, beautiful car!             :peelout:

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:thumbsup:   I’m jealous, beautiful car!             :peelout:

Thanks Mr Goose!!……...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks Mr Goose!!……...:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Your welcome MR. Keefer!!!                     :peelout:

18 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Did I miss something? :headscratch:

Huh ?...….:headscratch:

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

What happened to the Corvette thread? :lurk:

You didn’t really miss anything, it was just the usual ridiculous behavior from the same thin skinned individual who rather than being able to form a coherent and constructive opinion based on facts or data to support his opinions ……….instead choose yet again to resort to childish behavior, petty personal attacks, and name calling when someone disagrees with him …someone finally got sick of it and called him out on his totally ridiculous behavior and the topic got shut down……therefor this same thin skinned individual is the very person to blame for his favorite little C8 topic getting eliminated. He can blame no one but himself. People finally got tired of it. Many thanks to SAI and TS Admins for finally stepping up and deleting a topic that had really no business existing on a TEAM SHELBY forum in the first place and kudos to them for wisely choosing to remove a topic that should have been deleted long ago. As a life long SHELBY Enthusiast and long term member here,  I totally support thier decision.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Someone kept "Poking the Bear"

Or bears I should say.

9 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Yeah what happened ? .:headscratch: .....Larry ,moe and curly maybe ..:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970

11 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Tek see the two posts above???....there's your answer my friend...they both show up around the same time cause sh** then your tread is shut down

just because you don't talk Ford 24/7 they bitch and moan till they start an argument then the admins shut you down....think them showing up

here near the same time is a coincidence??….no it's not just start talking what they both don't like and see what happens...and to think one of

those was going to be banned a while back but I spoke up for him and now he's doing this...notice they both like each others posts???...just

giving you the facts Tek we've been on TS together for 13 plus years we know who's who and I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

beware bud they got BB out of here also and they'll do it to you and me and anyone else doesn't talk 100% Ford...think about it if there's a thread

you don't like on TS...you like I would just not post on it it's pretty simple but not these two they will click on it and try everything they can to egg someone

on and when that happens the end is near....Just wish this was a live club not on a computer things may not go the way they think when doing this.

Beware Tek... Mach knows what I'm talking about also he's been targeted also.

Edited by svttim
cleaned a bit

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Tek see the two posts above???....there's your answer my friend...they both show up around the same time cause  then your tread is shut down

just because you don't talk Ford 24/7 they bitch and moan till they start an argument then the admins shut you down....think them showing up

here near the same time is a coincidence??….no it's not just start talking what they both don't like and see what happens...and to think one of

those was going to be banned a while back but I spoke up for him and now he's doing this...notice they both like each others posts???...just

giving you the facts Tek we've been on TS together for 13 plus years we know who's who and I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

beware bud they got BB out of here also and they'll do it to you and me and anyone else doesn't talk 100% Ford...think about it if there's a thread

you don't like on TS...you like I would just don't post on it it's pretty simple but not these two they will click on it and try everything they can to egg someone

on and when that happens the end is near....Just wish this was a live club not on a computer things may not go the way they think when doing this.

Beware Tek.

Thanks Keith, Yeah, that's what I figured happened.

Let's try to keep it civil in here guys.

Edited by svttim

3 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Thanks Keith, Yeah, that's what I figured happened.

Let's try to keep it civil in here guys.

You got it bud I won't have you shut down.

Keith ....you are 100% correct could not have said it better. Stay tuned buddy. We will start another so this one won’t get the curse. Keep your peepers open.

I’ve been on here before it became Team Shelby also. Have owned more Shelby’s then those 2 put together. Owned a ton of Ford products and raised in a Ford family. My dad retired from Ford Engineering in Dearborn Michigan. It’s in my blood. Not leaving here anytime soon. Just like you buddy .

Travel day today. .:dance:

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith ....you are 100% correct could not have said it better. Stay tuned buddy. We will start another so this one won’t get the curse. Keep your peepers open.

I’ve been on here before it became Team Shelby also. Have owned more Shelby’s then those 2 put together. Owned a ton of Ford products and raised in a Ford family. My dad retired from Ford Engineering in Dearborn Michigan. It’s in my blood. Not leaving here anytime soon. Just like you buddy .

Travel day today. .:dance:

Right with you Mach.....:thumbsup: …….Safe travels bud.

Let me see if I can put some context into the discussion in an effort to end the daruma, although I highly doubt that will happen.

To those who say that thread should not exist, and those who say it should, you both have valid points. Most sites specific to a certain brand would not allow such a tread to exist. There are some that will allow the comparison but, few that will allow a specific tread to follow the development of a competitor. Those sites are usually privately owned and as such, have a little more leeway. That being said, it says a lot to the commitment to free speech that SAI and Team Shelby has. Now, Free speech is a God given right, this platform is not. We will always try to accommodate our members so, I ask, before you level criticisms, keep that forefront in your mind. A decision we make will probably make one group happy while making the other group the opposite.

The conduct that got the C8 thread shut down was actually not surprising considering the activity in the thread. But, in conjunction with all that had happened, it was fatal. We have rules out there for conduct. They are not that strict. Treat each other with respect or at worst, ignore each other. I find it disappointing when I allow others to control my emotion. If someone gets under your skin, you are allowing that. Use the ignore button both on the site and internally. If you feel the need to poke at someone, stop, think and pass on that opportunity. Have some “Damn Fun” as we say because you can go to work for drama.

In the end, I would ask that we not start another brand specific thread outside of the Shelby product line. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to post and discuss competition but, let’s understand there is a lot of competition out there and not one other car in the world. And, we are A Shelby club and, Shelby is aligned with Ford.

Lastly, how many of you are paid members? Team Shelby is one of the few car organizations that is growing. That’s due to the leadership of Tracey and the direction set. I realize some of you don’t make any events and your participation is confined to this webpage. IF that is the case, I would just like to say that one, this website costs money to operate and membership supports that cost. But, more importantly, you are missing out on some fantastic events and great times and great friendships.

If you have comments or questions, please PM me. If need be, we can chat by phone.

• Like 3