12 hours ago, Secondo said:

Someone kept "Poking the Bear"

Or bears I should say.

Go away for a few Hours (yesterday) and I miss all the fun.  Oh well,  Still a great place. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, svttim said:

Let me see if I can put some context into the discussion in an effort to end the daruma, although I highly doubt that will happen.

To those who say that thread should not exist, and those who say it should, you both have valid points. Most sites specific to a certain brand would not allow such a tread to exist. There are some that will allow the comparison but, few that will allow a specific tread to follow the development of a competitor. Those sites are usually privately owned and as such, have a little more leeway. That being said, it says a lot to the commitment to free speech that SAI and Team Shelby has. Now, Free speech is a God given right, this platform is not. We will always try to accommodate our members so, I ask, before you level criticisms, keep that forefront in your mind. A decision we make will probably make one group happy while making the other group the opposite.

The conduct that got the C8 thread shut down was actually not surprising considering the activity in the thread. But, in conjunction with all that had happened, it was fatal. We have rules out there for conduct. They are not that strict. Treat each other with respect or at worst, ignore each other. I find it disappointing when I allow others to control my emotion. If someone gets under your skin, you are allowing that. Use the ignore button both on the site and internally. If you feel the need to poke at someone, stop, think and pass on that opportunity. Have some “Damn Fun” as we say because you can go to work for drama.

In the end, I would ask that we not start another brand specific thread outside of the Shelby product line. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to post and discuss competition but, let’s understand there is a lot of competition out there and not one other car in the world. And, we are A Shelby club and, Shelby is aligned with Ford.

Lastly, how many of you are paid members? Team Shelby is one of the few car organizations that is growing. That’s due to the leadership of Tracey and the direction set. I realize some of you don’t make any events and your participation is confined to this webpage. IF that is the case, I would just like to say that one, this website costs money to operate and membership supports that cost. But, more importantly, you are missing out on some fantastic events and great times and great friendships.

If you have comments or questions, please PM me. If need be, we can chat by phone.

svttim, any chance Team Shelby Events will make it to Barbers Motorsports Park in Alabama or at Road Atlanta in the next few Years? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

svttim, any chance Team Shelby Events will make it to Barbers Motorsports Park in Alabama or at Road Atlanta in the next few Years? 

The events dont produce themselves. Directors and State directors and members put a lot of effort into making them happen. My point is this, if that's something you want to see, can it happen, absolutely! Call your regional or state rep and get the conversation going. That's how Dearborn happened and will happen this year again. 

If you want more info, reach out to me via PM and we will chat

• Like 2

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Tek did you eventually get the work done on the C5 ?

Hey Keefer, miss your cool cars and comments, but most of all I really miss the “LOBSTERS”!!!  LOL   :hysterical2:          Later Bud!     :peelout:

Tek did you eventually get the work done on the C5 ?

Finished the balancer last night. Started it up this morning.  Runs good, no leaks. 

One other problem I noticed when I bought the car, there was what sounded like a bad vacuum leak .When I started the car today and was sitting in the car, I tried the heater controls and noticed the air control wasn't changing no matter what setting I had it set for, so I knew where my vacuum leak was coming from. Sure enough I looked behind the intake manifold and saw a nipple with no hose on it. Unfortunately there's no room to get my hand back there to reattach it so I have to take the intake manifold off.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

Finished the balancer last night. Started it up this morning.  Runs good, no leaks. 

One other problem I noticed when I bought the car, there was what sounded like a bad vacuum leak .When I started the car today and was sitting in the car, I tried the heater controls and noticed the air control wasn't changing no matter what setting I had it set for, so I knew where my vacuum leak was coming from. Sure enough I looked behind the intake manifold and saw a nipple with no hose on it. Unfortunately there's no room to get my hand back there to reattach it so I have to take the intake manifold off.

Hey Tech, that really sucks, and it doesn’t sound like much fun!   Good luck with it!         P.S.   What about trying to use a super long needle nose pliers to grab it??   J.M.O. :peelout:

23 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tech, that really sucks, and it doesn’t sound like much fun!   Good luck with it!         P.S.   What about trying to use a super long needle nose pliers to grab it??   J.M.O. :peelout:

I can't even see the hose. If I did I would attempt to grab it with any means possible, hence why the intake manifold needs to come off. It doesn't seem like to bad a job. From what I'm reading, the manifold comes off as a unit with the fuel rails and the injectors as one unit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, miss your cool cars and comments, but most of all I really miss the “LOBSTERS”!!!  LOL   :hysterical2:          Later Bud!     :peelout:

Had a feed today as a matter of fact Goose!!….:drool: ….never cost me a dime either....:spiteful:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Glad to hear you got the balancer fixed but sounds like you've got a bit of a job ahead of you with that vac leak....:doh: ….well good luck

with that and take and post pics when you're mobile again Tek.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Glad to hear you got the balancer fixed but sounds like you've got a bit of a job ahead of you with that vac leak....:doh: ….well good luck

with that and take and post pics when you're mobile again Tek.....:thumbsup:

Shouldn't be too bad. At least I can do everything from the top of the engine as opposed to changing the balancer where I had to do everything laying on my back on my driveway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Had a feed today as a matter of fact Goose!!….:drool: ….never cost me a dime either....:spiteful:

Hey Keefer,  you really can’t beat a free meal!!:banvictory:                        Later Bud!                  “GOOSE”     :peelout:

3 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I can't even see the hose. If I did I would attempt to grab it with any means possible, hence why the intake manifold needs to come off. It doesn't seem like to bad a job. From what I'm reading, the manifold comes off as a unit with the fuel rails and the injectors as one unit.

Cool !!   :thumbsup:   Good luck!!

10 hours ago, tekheavy said:

Shouldn't be too bad. At least I can do everything from the top of the engine as opposed to changing the balancer where I had to do everything laying on my back on my driveway.

Yeah true that bud...…..:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  you really can’t beat a free meal!!:banvictory:                        Later Bud!                  “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Yes Sir Goose!!….they're all free...….:spiteful:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Tek how did you make out with the vac leak ?

Gonna work on it this weekend. Hoping I can find the hose without taking the intake manifold off but I'm not too optimistic about that.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, tekheavy said:

Gonna work on it this weekend. Hoping I can find the hose without taking the intake manifold off but I'm not too optimistic about that.

Hey Tek, just a FYI, vacuum hoses are cheap and get cracked and dried out from all that heat from the engine, so if you have to take the manifold off I would suggest replacing any other ones that are hard to get at when it’s on!!!     J.M.O.           Later!    “GOOSE”   :peelout:

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tek, just a FYI, vacuum hoses are cheap and get cracked and dried out from all that heat from the engine, so if you have to take the manifold off I would suggest replacing any other ones that are hard to get at when it’s on!!!     J.M.O.           Later!    “GOOSE”   :peelout:

Good advice. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, tekheavy said:

Good luck bud.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Good luck bud.....:thumbsup:

Had to take the intake off but it wasn't bad at all. Found the vacuum line. I extended it a few inches to give me some slack to make it easier for the manifold to go on. Manifold went on easy and all is good now. Going to register the car sometime this week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Had to take the intake off but it wasn't bad at all. Found the vacuum line. I extended it a few inches to give me some slack to make it easier for the manifold to go on. Manifold went on easy and all is good now. Going to register the car sometime this week.

Awesome bud now after it's registered RIDE young man RIDE!!!!………….:peelout:

• Like 1

Awesome bud now after it's registered RIDE young man RIDE!!!!………….:peelout:

:yup:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

:yup:

Drive it like you stole it!!  LOL     :hysterical2:                                       Later!           :peelout:

Hey everyone...

Question, does anyone live nearish to Washington DC?  I'm looking at a truck in Chantilly and I need someone to go give it a once over?

6 hours ago, SicShelby said:

Hey everyone...

Question, does anyone live nearish to Washington DC?  I'm looking at a truck in Chantilly and I need someone to go give it a once over?

Hey Sic. I drove thru there a couple of weeks ago for business but no plans to go back anytime soon. Not sure if anyone on here lives nearby. Good luck.

7 hours ago, SicShelby said:

Hey everyone...

Sicaroo...If I wasn't about a 30 hour drive away I'd go look for you...good luck bud.