57 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Hawkeye, for as long as I can remember, her in Fl, its been a 2 mile radius of the school.

Not sure of anywhere else.

Interesting.  I wonder how the state/school/powers that be determine something like that and what their logic and rationale are.  I never had to think about that after we left Gary, I lived in the school's shadow (or the school was in our house's shadow, one of the 2).  Literally on school grounds when I walked out the back gate of the yard.  Baseball field was right there.  I could run home in the 5 minute period between classes and grab a book if I forgot it in the morning, and not be late for class.

And you thought YOU could Play the Drums........... This one is for YOU Hawkeye........

Not bad.  My best friend in high school was that good.  When we were roomies in FL, he would practice with the headphones on and I could tell what Rush song he was playing just from the drums.

Seeing some tribute bands tonight.  The Iron Maidens (all female Maiden tribute), Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath tribute out of Chicago), Judas Rising, and Lady Evil (another Sabbath tribute).  I know the guitarist in Heaven and Hell from the Pamela Moore Band (Pamela was on the Mindcrime albums by Queensryche), so I'm hoping to catch him before or after the show to find out when Pamela is coming out for some shows since it's been too damn long.  The Iron Maidens actually have artwork done by Maiden's cover artist Derek Riggs.

The worst part will be dragging my carcass out of bed to get to the show tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to a 6:30 wake-up, since it might be 2 before I get home. Edited by DrHawkeye

Wow, The Iron Maidens were killer.  Great show, except for the mix, but it wasn't horrible.  The gals rocked the house down.  Was a nice warm up since I'm seeing Iron Maiden Thurs night.  And the car show Sat was pretty good.  Caught some rain there and back, and the Mustang developed a leak in the middle of the windshield on the way home.  So that's the 3rd thing that I've been waiting for.  Hopefully I can find someone that knows how to deal with those seals and fix the leak.  I'll just have to avoid rain until then.

Only 2 more hours til the weekend is here, and 10 hours til it's Maiden time!!  UP THE IRONS!!

Helluva weekend.  Maiden tore it up Thurs night.  Great show with an awesome stage.  They start out with a full-size Spitfire over the stage, and then they get going.  Mowed on Friday and enjoyed the day off.  Sat was track day.  Got another ride with my buddy.  He bought a '13 Boss 302 in Feb, so he's been turning the track car into a full-time track car, taking everything out of the car that's not needed, put a track seat in the passenger side with a 5-point harness, changed up the hood, and anything else he could think of.  Last year he ran with Group 2.  This year, after the first 2 sessions of being in Group 2, he moved up to Group 1, because he was passing everybody in Group 2, and not getting the times he wanted.  And we were about 3 seconds faster this year than last.  It's a 1.95 mile course, and our best lap was just over 1 min 20 seconds.  I could feel the increased speed and power.  But the GoPro battery died, so no video this year.  We were behind a new(er) Shelby GT350 for the first 15 minutes or so, catching him in the twisties, and then seeing how much power those have in the straightaway, cuz he put some distance on us quick.  For some reason he signaled for us to pass him, even tho we were never going to get that close.  But since we didn't have anybody to slow us down, it was as wide open as he wanted to go.  And totally sweet.  Yesterday was R&R day. Called my best bud from high school for his birthday, only to find out that he's been getting chemo and radiation for throat cancer.  But he's still working construction (he's a general contractor) and doing as well as possible.  Said the tumor is almost completely gone now.  I told him about the great Maiden show that he shoulda went to (he lives in Boynton Beach, FL); he considered it but didn't want to spend the money for it.  And now it's back to the grind with a 3 day weekend coming up.

To all you Lawyers out there...……………………. Which is better to get:  <01> A Copyright  <02> A Trademark  <03 BOTH ?

I have something that I want to get the Copyright or Trademark (or both) for, 2 words that I have yet to see being used together, for a cool new product that I might begin production on in the near future.

Hey Keith, that '78 Trans-Am is going up for auction in Iowa, might want to check it out and get it back.

2 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Hey Keith, that '78 Trans-Am is going up for auction in Iowa, might want to check it out and get it back.

What auction Doc ?

In the General Automotive Discussion, there's a thread about a 'huge hoard' of musclecars going to Auction in Iowa.  One of them is the Bandit Trans-Am.

34 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

What auction Doc ?

It's one I started, some cool Cars, might go cheap.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, DrHawkeye said:

In the General Automotive Discussion, there's a thread about a 'huge hoard' of musclecars going to Auction in Iowa.  One of them is the Bandit Trans-Am.

Gotcha...thanks Doc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Gotcha...thanks Doc.

Thought that might be something you'd be interested in.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, tesgt350 said:

It's one I started, some cool Cars, might go cheap.

It's great to bad it's in the US and not in eastern Canada where I could actually go bid on the car.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

It's great to bad it's in the US and not in eastern Canada where I could actually go bid on the car.

You might be able to cross over in the night, buy it and sneak it back over and just tell them it followed you home...………….your DMV will believe that...……..:whistling: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

You might be able to cross over in the night, buy it and sneak it back over and just tell them it followed you home...………….your DMV will believe that...……..:whistling: 

:hysterical2:

20 hours ago, svtkeith said:

You can bid on it, we still let Canucks in the country.

7 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Damn Canucks, stay on your side!!!!

:grouphug:

Lets build a Snow Wall and make them pay for it....................:hysterical2:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

You can bid on it, we still let Canucks in the country.

Yes I know just got back from Vegas...however taking a car across the border is crazy expensive.....:spend:

8 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Damn Canucks, stay on your side!!!!

:grouphug:

Heyyyyyyy!!!!!!…...Be careful you Mercan.. I'll send down a gaggle of Canada geese and take down yur planes...……..:hysterical:

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

Lets build a Snow Wall and make them pay for it....................:hysterical2:

Where ya going to get the snow ?......none here...……..:sunny: