:hide:       :hysterical:

2 hours ago, tekheavy said:

:nonono:

:shrug:

Edited by mach 1 1970

23 hours ago, Larry Muskat said:

Whats wrong with Foxbodys i enjoy mine

Pretty sure you've heard my feelings about foxbodies.  Just don't like 'em.

This is my Favorite Fox Body...…………….. See the source image

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

This is my Favorite Fox Body...…………….. See the source image

It’s not green. 
😜

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Feel the love. 🤓

At least these looked like the original Mustangs...….:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Feel the love. 🤓

DSC04332.jpg

On 1/13/2020 at 4:03 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

9 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Feel the love. 🤓

Ahhh, No!!!      :shrug:     Not my cup of tea!  :doh:          

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

At least these looked like the original Mustangs...….:thumbsup:

:shrug: ???   Not really!!     J.M.O.

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

DSC04332.jpg

The Yellow one at least looks a little tough....  :airquote:

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:shrug: ???   Not really!!     J.M.O.

Wayyyy more than the Fox Body....:)

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Wayyyy more than the Fox Body....:)

Absolutely.  The '76 Cobra II is the reason I'm into Mustangs today.  Never understood the hate for the II, when the Fox looks nothing like a Mustang, but people fawn over it.

20 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Feel the love. 🤓

Nice to see someone who appreciates the II like they should.  The numbers don't lie, it was a great car.

3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Nice to see someone who appreciates the II like they should.  The numbers don't lie, it was a great car.

Great car ?  Compared to what a pinto. No it was just a car that none of us car enthusiasts wanted. Had a 73 corvette at the time after selling my 914/6 Porsche. The Z car was hot and much better then anything Ford put out. Never owned any mustang from 1972 until 2003.....Just my opinion of course. My wife had a 96 mustang convertible GT she liked . 1993 mustang cobra R is collectible they only made 107  

Had the mustang II had a 240 hp 5.0 V/8 it would  have changed people’s perception back then. It looked better then the early fox cars. The lines flowed much better and resembled a 65 fastback much more then the fox body. It’s just there was the Z car that was hot at the time.

In 1993 the Z28 hit the streets with 275 hp and would dominate for some time to come. The HP wars were coming. 

It took ford until 2003 to finally put some guts in a mustang IMO .Camaro finally took a back seat. 

70D47C26-B6C1-47AF-A632-6D9EC58A28DF.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Absolutely.  The '76 Cobra II is the reason I'm into Mustangs today.  Never understood the hate for the II, when the Fox looks nothing like a Mustang, but people fawn over it.

+1 I never understood the hate either because the car had style, unlike the fox. But because it was very small car and underpowered, I could see why alot of people didnt like it when the trend was into large luxurious cars with powerful engines. Also, after talking to a few original owners of the II's, they weren't happy about the car's lack of reliability. But they did sell many of them and won car of the year. When I started driving in the '80's, I chose first generation Mustang (1972). 

The 1994 mustang Cobra was the only mustang to compete with the 1993 Z28 1/4 mile 14 seconds flat 

The 1994 Cobra R would run a 1/4 mile at 14 flat. But this car was impossible to buy back then. No air conditioning either  

It took ford until 2003 to finally own the Z28 on the street .

PRICE AS TESTED: $23,195

ENGINE TYPE: Pushrod 16-Valve V-8 engine, iron block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 302 cu in, 4942cc
Power: 240 bhp @ 4800 rpm
Torque: 285 1b-ft@ 4000 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed manual

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 101.3 in
Length: 181.5 in
Width: 71.8 in Height: 53.4 in
Curb weight: 3400 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 16.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 20.6 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.2 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 11.1 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 11.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.7 sec @ 96 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 137 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 173 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 17/24 mpg
C/D observed: 17 mpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

19 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Agreed....I bought a new 1977 Cobra II black with gold stripes and I found it to be a nice little car and had a blast with it while I

had it...the Fox bodied Mustangs I could never take to at all to me they were square boxes...they performed well though got to

give them that.

21 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Great car ?  Compared to what a pinto. No it was just a car that none of us car enthusiasts wanted. Had a 73 corvette at the time after selling my 914/6 Porsche. The Z car was hot and much better then anything Ford put out. Never owned any mustang from 1972 until 2003.....Just my opinion of course. My wife had a 96 mustang convertible GT she liked . 1993 mustang cobra R is collectible they only made 107  

Had the mustang II had a 240 hp 5.0 V/8 it would  have changed people’s perception back then. It looked better then the early fox cars. The lines flowed much better and resembled a 65 fastback much more then the fox body. It’s just there was the Z car that was hot at the time.

In 1993 the Z28 hit the streets with 275 hp and would dominate for some time to come. The HP wars were coming. 

It took ford until 2003 to finally put some guts in a mustang IMO .Camaro finally took a back seat.

I had a '77 fastback with a 302, and it would go plenty fast enough for what I needed.  Then I got the Cobra II I really wanted, but it only had the 2.8L 6-cyl, but still had enough power for me.  I remember being behind a new Camaro in the mid-80's, which was supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, on a nice twisty road, and I was on it's bumper until it pulled over and let me pass.  Car enthusiasts may not have wanted it because it was fighting the oil embargos and didn't have the HP the 1st gens did, but a whole lot of people sure wanted one, cuz they sold better then the '72s and '73s did.

And the Mustang is just a Falcon.  That Pinto argument is lame and wrong.

Okay guys, mach 1 1970 and I come from a different generation when the muscle car and horsepower wars were just beginning to be in their prime.  It was a super exciting time to own a muscle car and be a big car guy for sure!   Mach and I were very big into these type of cars so we have a different view and outlook on some of the cars that came after the muscle cars wars ended.   I just wanted you guys to understand that we don’t “Hate” on any cars because we do appreciate all cars, but not always how the manufactures plumbed the car with a potent engine.   Also, I have to say the size and design of some of the cars had us wanting for a cooler looking design, especially when you look back and remember those awesome designs of the 69 & 70 Mach 1s and Boss Mustangs which both mach and I have owned in the past.  We do appreciate all opinions on all these cars, and yes we might have varying opinions but that’s cool too, but we do not “Hate” on any car because that just isn’t cool in our book, just saying!     :thumbsup:                       :peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Okay guys, mach 1 1970 and I come from a different generation when the muscle car and horsepower wars were just beginning to be in their prime.  It was a super exciting time to own a muscle car and be a big car guy for sure!   Mach and I were very big into these type of cars so we have a different view and outlook on some of the cars that came after the muscle cars wars ended.   I just wanted you guys to understand that we don’t “Hate” on any cars because we do appreciate all cars, but not always how the manufactures plumbed the car with a potent engine.   Also, I have to say the size and design of some of the cars had us wanting for a cooler looking design, especially when you look back and remember those awesome designs of the 69 & 70 Mach 1s and Boss Mustangs which both mach and I have owned in the past.  We do appreciate all opinions on all these cars, and yes we might have varying opinions but that’s cool too, but we do not “Hate” on any car because that just isn’t cool in our book, just saying!     :thumbsup:                       :peelout:

I used to own a LOT of Mustangs.  Back in the early 80's when they could be bought cheap, I owned a 70 Fastback with 302, a 70 Mach 1 with 351 C 2V a 70 Mach 1 428 CJ R code and 2 Red 69 Mach 1 428 R Codes at the same time.  Those were the Days. 

Edited by tesgt350

8 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I used to own a LOT of Mustangs.  Back in the early 80's when they could be bought cheap, I owned a 70 Fastback with 302, a 70 Mach 1 with 351 C 2V a 70 Mach 1 428 CJ R code and 2 Red 69 Mach 1 428 R Codes at the same time.  Those were the Days. 

Yes, those were the days for sure!   Those 428 CobraJets R codes in the Mach 1s were one of the best “Torque Monsters” that I ever owned bar non!     :peelout:

In case you guys missed it last Sunday. 
Jimmy Johnson was surprised by the NFL on stage during a live broadcast, and given the honor of being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

His reaction? Well......watch and see. :worship:

You don’t have to be a Cowboy fan to appreciate what he did for the game during his tenure. Troy Aikman’s response was priceless too.