• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
08SGT/SC

Painted Stripes Recommendation

Looking for a shop recommendation to get over the top stripes painted. I'm located in Connecticut but would be willing to travel anywhere in New England to find a good shop.

Try contacting Tasca Automotive Group in Rhode Island. They have a long history with Shelby and Shelby Automobiles. If they can't help you directly, they should be able to recommend a top autobody/paint shop.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Try contacting Tasca Automotive Group in Rhode Island. They have a long history with Shelby and Shelby Automobiles. If they can't help you directly, they should be able to recommend a top autobody/paint shop.

I had my supercharger installed there and additional upgrades done a couple years later. I have spoke with Dennis recently and Tasca is no longer painting stripes and they didn't offer any recommendations for any paint shops. They were my first place to check.

Just look for the best auto body/paint shop in the state using the typical crowd sourced recommendation sites and services.

Look for a place that specializes in high end cars like Jag and BMW. They will have the premium body and paint guys.  Want a better job look for the place that the Ferrari and McLaren dealers send their cars.    Good stripes applied over existing paint is a demanding job.  Or send it to the place where JeffJ (from Colorado) sent his. 

• Like 1

I am subscribing to this, I’ve wanted to paint mine, but I’m hesitant because I don’t want a butcher job.

Im just over the border in Western MA like you I would travel to get it done right.

• Like 2

I'm following too! I'm anxious to replace my stripes which are looking crappy after 10 years... Love the car, which I've owned since it was new, but I'm always embarrassed to show it with the lousy stripes.

I was considering putting on new vinyl, but if we can find a good paint shop in New England, I am in!

I'm located in northern CT, so lets see what the 3 of us can find in New England. Maybe we can negotiate a group buy rate with a good shop that can do a high quality job!

-yellow pony

13 hours ago, yellow pony said:

I'm following too! I'm anxious to replace my stripes which are looking crappy after 10 years... Love the car, which I've owned since it was new, but I'm always embarrassed to show it with the lousy stripes.

I was considering putting on new vinyl, but if we can find a good paint shop in New England, I am in!

I'm located in northern CT, so lets see what the 3 of us can find in New England. Maybe we can negotiate a group buy rate with a good shop that can do a high quality job!

-yellow pony

I would be in for a group buy. When were you planning on getting the stripes done? I was planning for early next spring.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, 08SGT/SC said:

I would be in for a group buy. When were you planning on getting the stripes done? I was planning for early next spring.

Count me in if you guys go down this road, next spring or sooner works for me.

Edited by carnut12

Sounds good guys! I'm flexible when to get them done. Its more important to find a good shop even if it has some work backlog. This fall or next spring is fine for me.

In the meantime, keep in touch if you come across any good shops. I have one near me in CT that seems pretty good, but I need to stop by to talk with them to see if they would be interested and get an estimate of cost... I suspect that the process of removing the old stripes and carefully removing all the hood scoop rivets may add some labor costs...

-yellow pony

The places I’ve spoken with will not give me a quote to remove the stripes. Only offer their hourly rate and say it could be 16hrs it could be 40hrs and wouldn’t know until it’s finished.

I had a local detailer, who does good work, quote me $500 to remove the stripes, which honestly sounded too good and made me skeptical as fear damage to the paint.

I had mine done at Otis Ford body shop in Quogue, Long Island, NY. Brian and the crew there did an excellent job. It does take some time but it's worth it. They removed the tape stripes, installed the updated hood scoop which I bought from Shelby and had to be drilled and riveted, and matched the paint perfectly. It's beautiful. Their number is 631 653 4000.

8 minutes ago, donc said:

I had mine done at Otis Ford body shop in Quogue, Long Island, NY. Brian and the crew there did an excellent job. It does take some time but it's worth it. They removed the tape stripes, installed the updated hood scoop which I bought from Shelby and had to be drilled and riveted, and matched the paint perfectly. It's beautiful. Their number is 631 653 4000.

Just curious how much did they charge you?

Thank you!!!!

37 minutes ago, donc said:

I forget exactly but it was in the $1800 range.

1800 sounds like a good deal, Tasca wanted 1200 just for vinyl stripes.

So, I brought my SGT in to my local shop here in Northern CT. Good shop that does mostly collision work, but also does a lot of high end "special" projects.

Long story short, he put together a very detailed quote, but I fell out of my chair when I saw the price- $7,500! :banghead:

Needless to say that was a non-starter. Most of the cost was tied up in labor, but it was so far out of range that it wasn't worth negotiating or fine tuning the quote... So I'm open to other ideas! $1,800 on Long Island sounds much better!

-yellow pony

1 hour ago, yellow pony said:

So, I brought my SGT in to my local shop here in Northern CT. Good shop that does mostly collision work, but also does a lot of high end "special" projects.

Long story short, he put together a very detailed quote, but I fell out of my chair when I saw the price- $7,500! :banghead:

Needless to say that was a non-starter. Most of the cost was tied up in labor, but it was so far out of range that it wasn't worth negotiating or fine tuning the quote... So I'm open to other ideas! $1,800 on Long Island sounds much better!

-yellow pony

That is the highest I’ve seen, $1800 almost seems too cheap, but $7500 is crazy.  I was thinking it would be $3000 or so.

Hmm $7,500 sure seems like the 'I don't want to do it' price.  You could almost paint the whole car for that price. 

Be aware removing the stripes can be a royal PITA! Lots of stories, good, bad, techniques tried, failed, success, in the stripe thread. Can’t emphasize enough the value for the time spent reviewing that thread. You will see it can take hours and hours to remove, the thin early 07 stripes are the worse and break into little pieces.  Add to this the potential liability scratching the paint and you get these high prices unfortunately. Many just removed as much as they could themselves and had shop finish the job. 

• Like 1