• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
johncola99

Battery

19 hours ago, KOBRA2848 said:

Either battery will fit your car. After you remove the battery you will see some plastic tabs that center the battery side to side that are removable in case you put the 40 R instead of the 96 R. If you want to reuse your existing battery blanket you would have to keep the same battery size. Motorcraft and Interstate batteries come from the same manufacturing facility and on the 96 R size the Interstate battery is the same case color as the original and not green like most of there batteries. 

Mark

^^^^^Good info, thanks Mark.

R

I could take pictures of the bottom side of my original battery.......:camera:

What I would really like to do is go to my local Ford dealership and have my Ford parts friend pull both of these batteries out for a side-by-side comparison and take those pictures. They may also have a shipping scale there for weight compare?

R

Edited by Robert M

Why bother to do  that? batteries are built to a group standard. These group standards are required by manufacturers to reduce manufacturing costs  for suppliers and provide design envelopes for engineers to use when designing for battery placement. The dimensions and weights are readily available for these group standards on Google and thousands of auto parts stores.

Good info on the interstate. The case is exact to the bxt-40r. I need to get rid of the green top. If you look at my previous picture's, especially the side's near the top. It look's just like the original.

thanks for the info.

john

Interstate battery.png

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, mhr1961 said:

Why bother to do  that? batteries are built to a group standard. These group standards are required by manufacturers to reduce manufacturing costs  for suppliers and provide design envelopes for engineers to use when designing for battery placement. The dimensions and weights are readily available for these group standards on Google and thousands of auto parts stores.

I was think that Ford could have something like these batteries built to "their specs" as they do on other items, but maybe not?

When I called my Ford parts friend, who sells Motorcraft batteries for Ford vehicles on a regular basis (both over the counter and shop replacements), and mentioned the BXT-40R, his first comment was "why would you want to put that little battery in your car"? <<He has just recently sold me a BXT-96R as a correct replacement for my 2008. I mentioned our discussion on here and so with that kind of comment from a Ford parts guy who is into this stuff 8 hours a day, I was kind of interested in what he is talking about, so a side-by-side comparo of these two current Ford batteries would be nice.

R

Edited by Robert M

I am confident that all ford part's dealer's and employee's do not know everything about ford part's. I have attached the battery spec chart. The 96r is smaller in dimension. It is available in 500cca and 590cca. I have bought that battery and returned it. The 40r is a BIGGER battery in size. He should have got off his a?? and compared the two. I did that. The 40r is the only battery recommended for 07 and 08 mustang shelby gt500. Look in the gt500 supplement handbook and it list's only the bxt-40r. That is the battery it left the factory with. They were all black with just the top black label as in my previous photo of my battery with the charger clamp on it. There were no red motorcraft sticker's on them. Battery Specification Chart 7-2018.pdf.

I really have done hour's, day's, week's, and month's of research on this battery info. I have alot of useless knowledge on this. Chatted with ford, motorcraft, interstate, and battery reconditoner's. I even did internet research in europe and found they put the 40r in 2007 maverick's.