Most of the HID conversion kits I have seen accomodate the 2007(-year) halogen headlamp assemblies; however, I would like to find a conversion kit that will accomodate the actual HID headlamp assemblies from 2008-2009.... can anyone point me to one?

What I'm looking to do is upgrade from the halogen setup (2007) to the HID setup, but with the actual HID assemblies, not the halogen assemblies.

TIA

- Sic

Edited by SicShelby

Bump.  

Anyone?  Someone out there has to have put in HID's from the halogen setup, I  know it has been done.

Unsure what exactly you're on about, there is a HUGE difference between the Chinese HID bulb/ballasts kits people put in Honda's and blind people, and actual HID's from the OEM. Your top post mentioned wanting to install OEM HID assemblies in your Halogen equipped assembly, so I will assume you want to do a proper OEM retrofit. It's quite easy parts-wise, you will need L and R OEM Headlight assemblies which include bulbs and ballasts) not super cheap, but excellent pieces, and then you will need the Ford front light wiring harness, this includes the wires and plugs for the headlight, horn, turn signal, parking lamps, and since you have a GT500, intercooler sensor. This harness is different than the Halogen harness in the sense that it includes a relay box that mounts on the Passenger shock tower (google engine bay pics of Halogen and HID GT500s to see this). 

Those are mostly the only parts. The last change you'll need to make is to jump two wires in that new harness with a Zener diode to limit current since HID's draw less amperage and have a polarity unlike a halogen bulb. 

I did the swap in my 2009 back in 12 or 13 and it's wonderful. PM with additional questions or for the instructions of jumping the harness I may still have the PDF

Macman, there was someone who did the conversion and posted a "how-to" online years ago, which I referenced to make them work.

After doing so, I had one HID that worked, and the other one wasn't powered.  I used the same logic in the writeup and was able to locate a pin connection in the fuse block to power the other HID, and voila!  I'm in business.

Thank you.