Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Larry T

Ford recalls 2 million F-150 trucks because of fire risk

Recommended Posts

I thought about buying a Raptor, but the issues they are having is scaring me away.  I understand it’s probably a small percentage of owners that have the significant issues, but I travel a lot for work and I can’t take the chance of being one of them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2015 Super Crew goes in for this and the door latch recall fixes tomorrow. I hate it when door panels and other trim have to be removed. They never seem to put it back together the way it was originally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IASHELBYGT said:

My 2015 Super Crew goes in for this and the door latch recall fixes tomorrow. I hate it when door panels and other trim have to be removed. They never seem to put it back together the way it was originally.

Couldn’t agree more, I still have to schedule my airbag recall, I’m worried about rattling after they take the dashboard off, that type of stuff drives me insane.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, carnut12 said:

Couldn’t agree more, I still have to schedule my airbag recall, I’m worried about rattling after they take the dashboard off, that type of stuff drives me insane.

 

When/if you do the airbag recall mask off with blue painters tape around the edges of the cover and the plastic trim directly below the cover as some have reported scratches on that trim when having the recall done. Mine cover is signed by Carroll, so I was uber nervous about this. I basically stood over the tech while he did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IASHELBYGT said:

When/if you do the airbag recall mask off with blue painters tape around the edges of the cover and the plastic trim directly below the cover as some have reported scratches on that trim when having the recall done. Mine cover is signed by Carroll, so I was uber nervous about this. I basically stood over the tech while he did it.

Good advice, I have a signed airbag cover I never put on the car, I might put it on at some point, I would ask them to do it while they do the recall but they would probably Jack it up.

 

Every time I bring my car for it’s yearly service they all compliment and stare at my car, most times they treat it accordingly, but a few times I got it back with oil fingerprints on the door handle and stuff like that ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...