SWEDEMAN

New 2019 Shelby GT Purchase

You’re right this car was ordered with big ticket ford options that I will never use. I want a GT premium, and can get one for $35k ($41k MSRP) and its pretty well loaded with what I want. We’ll see what happens. I’m in the market for a new car since selling mine and want the new technology that is offered in today’s cars. I did find a killer supersnake used private party for under $50k but some medical issues have me looking at an automatic now. We’ll see what happens. Stay in touch.

the 2019 shelby gt optional ford performance supercharger is actually the ford performance /roush  tvs  LMAO

On 11/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

2019 SGTH:

I've tried for about 2 months to buy a 2019 GTH to no avail. These cars are marked up so it is ridiculously expensive and imo not worth it. They take a 401a package GT Mustang and put some half shafts and coolant tanks on it for $95k without a supercharger.
I offered $68k ($38k for the GT Mustang and $30995 retail price for the GTH package and they acted like I was trying to steal it). 
I think it is a nice looking car but for that type of coin you are now into Porsche territory. It is obvious these cars are not for Shelby enthusiasts any longer.... it is just about the Benjamin's. 

I agree, it feels like it's about the Benjamin's.   In 07 & 08 a GT500 had a sticker of around $42,900.   Now, a mere 11 years later were pushing $100k for a Shelby.  Something just doesn't jive and it feels like it's outta wack.

QSS

10 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

I agree, it feels like it's about the Benjamin's.   In 07 & 08 a GT500 had a sticker of around $42,900.   Now, a mere 11 years later were pushing $100k for a Shelby.  Something just doesn't jive and it feels like it's outta wack.

QSS

The 2020 is light years ahead.  Would you prefer even less performance than an 08 at a lower cost?

2 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

The 2020 is light years ahead.  Would you prefer even less performance than an 08 at a lower cost?

Not at all.  I just can't believe how expensive these have become.  I'm probably out of touch and I don't full comprehend the extra costs associated with the technology.

QSS 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Not at all.  I just can't believe how expensive these have become.  I'm probably out of touch and I don't full comprehend the extra costs associated with the technology.

QSS 

No your 100% in touch. If you owned Shelby Inc. You’d say “why do a ton of volume when you can make the same amount of money that you can do with half the volume”. They have priced the Shelby blue collar buyer out of the picture, which was well over 70% of their sales
The other issue is these dealers are making the SGT’s with 401a packages and all the track packs, which just puts these cars in a ridiculous price range.(by the way the track packages are only to be used with the staggered 19 inch wheels and tires which is totally obsoleted when you put the Shelby GT kit on it with 20” wheels and tires) If they would’ve just built them with 301a packages which gives you the big touchscreen the MSRP would’ve been around $68-69k with a dealer discount package and rebates would’ve brought you in around $66k instead of $85+k. Which means whoever buys those cars “will be buried with it” unless they keep it and pay it off or they’re going to take a $30k++ beating when they sell.
Its just not worth it.

of course my opinion and a dollar will buy you a cuppa coffee at McDonald’s.

Edited by SWEDEMAN
  • Like 2

I just saw Galpin Ford has 2 2019 black and gold Shelby GT-Hs. One auto, one manual. Engine photos for the manual version. No listed prices, natch.

https://www.galpinford.com/inventory/new-vehicles/vehicle/1FA6P8CF4K5178784/2019-Ford-Mustang-North-Hills-Ca

Edited by Orion

$90k+++. Seriously. If they would use the 300a or 301a, thats $66-67k. That’s doable, not $90k even with the $10k discount. Meh.

This is not correct in the USA.

The number on a new one is $60K. An used one is more like $50K.

The car is meant for guys to drive quickly and fast on a track. I love it.

My wife drove in it (she likes the luxury Mercedes). She hated it and complained. She said it was loud and too stiff. She also complained about the radio being too loud.