Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
SWEDEMAN

New 2019 Shelby GT Purchase

Recommended Posts

Please post up here if your buying or bought a new 2019 Shelby GT. We all want to know how the cars looks from a new or previous Shelby buyers prospective, the build quality and performance.

Color:

Heritage:

Upgrades:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Bump.

 So it appears no one is buying a new 2019 Shelby GT ?  

Unless someone wants to buy one and put it in plastic and set it in the garage for 10 years and try to make some money.... we all know how that went last time though .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

 Bump.

 So it appears no one is buying a new 2019 Shelby GT ?  

Unless someone wants to buy one and put it in plastic and set it in the garage for 10 years and try to make some money.... we all know how that went last time though .

 

Just because nobody is posting up here on the TS website does not mean SAI is are not selling the 2019+ Shelby GT and GT-H (Heritage) models. It seems like there is more effort over on the TS Facebook page these days. If you go over there, they have plenty of recent pictures of what appears to be 2019+ Shelby GT models on the lifts being prepped for customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Just because nobody is posting up here on the TS website does not mean SAI is are not selling the 2019+ Shelby GT and GT-H (Heritage) models. It seems like there is more effort over on the TS Facebook page these days. If you go over there, they have plenty of recent pictures of what appears to be 2019+ Shelby GT models on the lifts being prepped for customers.

There are two things operating here.

1.  This forum is no longer representative of the Shelby American target demographic.    Not that it ever really was, which leads to..

2.  The buyers of the latest generation of Shelby cars are not Forum people, and aren't probably even Facebook people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

There are two things operating here.

1.  This forum is no longer representative of the Shelby American target demographic.    Not that it ever really was, which leads to..

2.  The buyers of the latest generation of Shelby cars are not Forum people, and aren't probably even Facebook people. 

The car appears nice just too much money for a base vehicle. The Bullitt is much more of a car than the base 2019 SGT and is $20k less expensive for he lowest optioned SGT. I would like to know who has bought one or which dealer has one for sale. Just too much money for a base car. IMO I believe they are concentrating on higher end clientele and the blue collar buyer is not on their radar any longer.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWEDEMAN said:

The car appears nice just too much money for a base vehicle. ... Just too much money for a base car. IMO I believe they are concentrating on higher end clientele and the blue collar buyer is not on their radar any longer.

 

Yep, you just stated why this forum doesn't get much SAI marketing info any more...    No money or buyers to be found here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

 Bump.

 So it appears no one is buying a new 2019 Shelby GT ?  

Unless someone wants to buy one and put it in plastic and set it in the garage for 10 years and try to make some money.... we all know how that went last time though .

 

Swedeman, no replies to your post doesn't necessarily mean no one is buying these cars.

Just look at how many thousands of Shelby trucks have been sold over the last couple of years and compare that number to the number of Shelby truck posts being made. As you can see there is no correlation between postings & sales numbers.

Why is that you may ask? Not really sure except that a lot has changed in the last 10 years from both the buyers perspective and the manufacturers perspective and how they interact with each other. What worked 10 years ago may not work today, just look at social media today compared to social media in 2008.

While the Ford Bullitt Mustang is a fine car in its own right, I do not believe their is much crossover between Shelby GT buyers and Bullitt buyers. A Shelby GT buyer has criteria in mind that doesn't fit with what a Bullitt Mustang offers and vice versa, a Bullitt buyer has criteria that doesn't fit the Shelby GT. I do know that not one Shelby GT buyer has said that they wish they had purchased a Bullitt instead of the Shelby.

 

Steve

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

IMO I believe they are concentrating on higher end clientele and the blue collar buyer is not on their radar any longer.

The blue collar buyer hasn't been on their radar in a long time!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a different perspective, here, if it draws flame so what. I don’t think it is fair, or accurate for that matter, to say that SAI has left the “blue collar” guy behind or that the “blue collar guy” is not on their radar. There has been previous speculation about such topics before and that is exactly what it is……speculation. Mr Shelby himself a few years before he passed away had perceived in or around 2008 that the coming changes in the 2009 regulations for crash testing and CAFE standards were going to severely impact the cost of developing and manufacturing cars in volume, and that perception was a main decision point in  what lead to a switch to smaller volume and “build to order” cars.

 If you take the cost of a 2008 Shelby GT fastback with upfitter package required and the Shelby GT Package you were looking at around $35k to 37K MSRP. If you adjust that number for inflation which has averaged about 2% per year over the past ten or eleven years that comes up to about $44 to 46k for a 319 hp car. If you wanted to SC that car “back in the day “ and get it up to 450-500 hp  that comparable to today's Shelby GT then add about another $8 to $12k depending on where you get it done and you are easily at $60K to $65k in today's dollars………and don’t forget to add some money for some good brakes to stop that beast .  The other thing that increases a car’s price every single year is government manadated regulations and safety features and new technologies such as , improved ABS, Improved Traction Control, Line Locks, Magnaride, better engine management, active exhaust, digital dashes, more airbags, etc etc…………. Soooo, now today Shelby offers us a base 2019 Shelby GT with much improved technology, customized to your exact liking if you wish, and offers it out the door base/standard with 480hp at a starting point of $61K. If you factor in just inflation alone to equalize the “dollars”………you are getting more car , improved technology, better quality, and more base hp for your money today that you were ever getting in 2008…..and yet still some people want to gripe.

If you are trying to compare a 2008 Shelby GT to a 2019 you are comparing apples to potatoes……….. and you aren’t even using inflation to adjust your dollars nor are you comparing HP on an equal footing for what you are claiming. HP cost money, it always has and probably always will.

Its like hearing my grandpa lament that he could buy snickers and a coke for less than quarter “back in the day”……..and that Snickers back in the day and the snickers was bigger and so was the coke. Try and buy that same size snickers and a coke for less than $2 today…..Have snickers and coke left behind the blue collar guy too?....... nope.

Edited by mhr1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Yep, you just stated why this forum doesn't get much SAI marketing info any more...    No money or buyers to be found here. 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Perhaps a different perspective, here, if it draws flame so what. I don’t think it is fair, or accurate for that matter, to say that SAI has left the “blue collar” guy behind or that the “blue collar guy” is not on their radar. There has been previous speculation about such topics before and that is exactly what it is……speculation. Mr Shelby himself a few years before he passed away had perceived in or around 2008 that the coming changes in the 2009 regulations for crash testing and CAFE standards were going to severely impact the cost of developing and manufacturing cars in volume, and that perception was a main decision point in  what lead to a switch to smaller volume and “build to order” cars.

 If you take the cost of a 2008 Shelby GT fastback with upfitter package required and the Shelby GT Package you were looking at around $35k to 37K MSRP. If you adjust that number for inflation which has averaged about 2% per year over the past ten or eleven years that comes up to about $44 to 46k for a 319 hp car. If you wanted to SC that car “back in the day “ and get it up to 450-500 hp  that comparable to today's Shelby GT then add about another $8 to $12k depending on where you get it done and you are easily at $60K to $65k in today's dollars………and don’t forget to add some money for some good brakes to stop that beast .  The other thing that increases a car’s price every single year is government manadated regulations and safety features and new technologies such as , improved ABS, Improved Traction Control, Line Locks, Magnaride, better engine management, active exhaust, digital dashes, more airbags, etc etc…………. Soooo, now today Shelby offers us a base 2019 Shelby GT with much improved technology, customized to your exact liking if you wish, and offers it out the door base/standard with 480hp at a starting point of $61K. If you factor in just inflation alone to equalize the “dollars”………you are getting more car , improved technology, better quality, and more base hp for your money today that you were ever getting in 2008…..and yet still some people want to gripe.

If you are trying to compare a 2008 Shelby GT to a 2019 you are comparing apples to potatoes……….. and you aren’t even using inflation to adjust your dollars nor are you comparing HP on an equal footing for what you are claiming. HP cost money, it always has and probably always will.

Its like hearing my grandpa lament that he could buy snickers and a coke for less than quarter “back in the day”……..and that Snickers back in the day and the snickers was bigger and so was the coke. Try and buy that same size snickers and a coke for less than $2 today…..Have snickers and coke left behind the blue collar guy too?....... nope.

Ok. But I would like your opinion: would you spend $66500 for a base Heritage with no performance mods and $88K++ for one that was loaded up?

Now this takes into account that you did not win the Megabucks $1.6 billion lottery! LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I'm going to give my 2 cents worth on the price of a really great all-around fun car for not alot of major money!    And all the money you save on this car, you'll be able to customize the hell out of it if that's your thing!   Go out and buy a 2018 or 19 Ford Mustang GT and you will get  one hell of a fun car that performs at a very high level in all the situations that are thrown at it!  It has great power, handles road course with ease, and it can take a hell of a beating if needed!    There's a story  of the 2018 GT in my latest Autoweek after they had it in there fleet for four months and they absolutely loved it!  It isn't a Shelby, but it doesn't have the Shelby price tag either, it's simply a Ford Mustang GT, but when you add the (Performance Packages, 1 or 2) it will go and handle almost like one!  Depending on your ability to (Wheel & Deal) with your Dealer, It will probably set you back any-where from 35k to around 46k, now that's alot of car for the money in my book!!!!!     J.M.O.   :yup:           P.S. (Best Buy Used Performance Car Out There), a good used 07 to 08 Shelby GT or SGT for the money! J.M.O.

Later Guys!

"MONGOOSE"                   :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, I'm going to give my 2 cents worth on the price of a really great all-around fun car for not alot of major money!    And all the money you save on this car, you'll be able to customize the hell out of it if that's your thing!   Go out and buy a 2018 or 19 Ford Mustang GT and you will get  one hell of a fun car that performs at a very high level in all the situations that are thrown at it!  It has great power, handles road course with ease, and it can take a hell of a beating if needed!    There's a story  of the 2018 GT in my latest Autoweek after they had it in there fleet for four months and they absolutely loved it!  It isn't a Shelby, but it doesn't have the Shelby price tag either, it's simply a Ford Mustang GT, but when you add the (Performance Packages, 1 or 2) it will go and handle almost like one!  Depending on your ability to (Wheel & Deal) with your Dealer, It will probably set you back any-where from 35k to around 46k, now that's alot of car for the money in my book!!!!!     J.M.O.   :yup:           P.S. (Best Buy Used Performance Car Out There), a good used 07 to 08 Shelby GT or SGT for the money! J.M.O.

Later Guys!

"MONGOOSE"                   :peelout:

excellent post, thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 8:51 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Swedeman, no replies to your post doesn't necessarily mean no one is buying these cars.

Just look at how many thousands of Shelby trucks have been sold over the last couple of years and compare that number to the number of Shelby truck posts being made. As you can see there is no correlation between postings & sales numbers.

Why is that you may ask? Not really sure except that a lot has changed in the last 10 years from both the buyers perspective and the manufacturers perspective and how they interact with each other. What worked 10 years ago may not work today, just look at social media today compared to social media in 2008.

While the Ford Bullitt Mustang is a fine car in its own right, I do not believe their is much crossover between Shelby GT buyers and Bullitt buyers. A Shelby GT buyer has criteria in mind that doesn't fit with what a Bullitt Mustang offers and vice versa, a Bullitt buyer has criteria that doesn't fit the Shelby GT. I do know that not one Shelby GT buyer has said that they wish they had purchased a Bullitt instead of the Shelby.

 

Steve

 

Hi Steve

 

Great point, I agree. All I was trying to say was, IMO, the New SGT has high MSRP for the performance one gets over a Bullitt or GT350....the appearance is spot on.

Question: Why doesnt Shelby doesn't have more dealers on the West Coast? Portland Oregon that hasd over 3++ million people that has no Shelby representation with the closest Seattle. So if I wanted to look at a SGT Id have to drive to Seattle? If the brand has more exposure, the volume would increase and bring more "new" Shelby buyers into the family. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Question: Why doesnt Shelby doesn't have more dealers on the West Coast? Portland Oregon that hasd over 3++ million people that has no Shelby representation with the closest Seattle. So if I wanted to look at a SGT Id have to drive to Seattle? If the brand has more exposure, the volume would increase and bring more "new" Shelby buyers into the family. 

 

Well technically they are Tuscany approved dealerships who carry the Shelby trucks and the SAI built Shelby Mustangs so it is Tuscany that decides the locations and how large of an area each location covers, not Shelby American.

What criteria Tuscany uses to determine dealer locations, I sure don't know but I do know why there is a dealer in Seattle and that has to do with the Seattle $ $ $ $

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Well technically they are Tuscany approved dealerships who carry the Shelby trucks and the SAI built Shelby Mustangs so it is Tuscany that decides the locations and how large of an area each location covers, not Shelby American.

What criteria Tuscany uses to determine dealer locations, I sure don't know but I do know why there is a dealer in Seattle and that has to do with the Seattle $ $ $ $

 

Steve

Yes I do understand that Seattle has big $$$$ and huge amounts of disposable income. Portland does not have the big disposable income like Seattle with just NKE even though they have 3mil + people, just not the monster companies like MSFT, BA, etc. So I agree. I do believe that Tuscany would benefit by putting at least 1 Shelby dealer there though, IMO.

My GT/SC Paxton is looking pretty incredible when comparing new cars.

IMG_0337 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Yes I do understand that Seattle has big $$$$ and huge amounts of disposable income. Portland does not have the big disposable income like Seattle with just NKE even though they have 3mil + people, just not the monster companies like MSFT, BA, etc. So I agree. I do believe that Tuscany would benefit by putting at least 1 Shelby dealer there though, IMO

No McLaren dealers in Vegas either.  I suggested they open one.  But haven't.  Go figure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was one that kept telling Gary P. every chance I got to kill off the GTE and bring back the Shelby GT name as it had such a huge following and its just a fact more people would buy the Shelby GT name then the GTE name, but the GTE package was what the original GT and GT/SC package was and everyone expected the new 2019 Shelby GT to just replace the GTE name but that is not what happened and for sure SAI I think made a huge mistake not keeping the new GT package price similar to the GTE and this is what we are all saying. Based on the 2019 Shelby GT's cost and if you choose the supercharger and other options Roush and Saleen are giving you all these options as Standard and pricing is a lot less. And if you look at the competition I have to admit the Challenger Hellcat Red Eye is one bad ass car and cost is the same or less than the Shelby GT. I heard the Camaro 1LE is the most complete setup and costs far less than both of these.

I would have thought that SAI would have wanted to keep the Shelby GT costs closer to the GT350 that Ford does to give buyers an option. If the new Shelby GT fully loaded is high $80k's I would just spend the extra cash for the Super Snake

I think we all agree that SAI made a huge error in the new Shelby GT's pricing because if you eliminated the GTE package and replaced it with the GT package would you not want to keep the pricing close to it as that is why many Ford dealers bought the GTE and selling them in their showrooms but I can't see them doing that with this pricing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really wondering what the total sales will be for this new SGT? I will make my guess right now, 8 cars through end of year. They were going to do 12  efore end of the year but I don’t think they got the orders.

2019 will be less than 50 IMO...but anything under 250 is a failure.

Im still saying they made a huge mistake by pricing this new SGT out of blue collar buyers range. They had an opportunity to really pick up a new millennial type Shelby clientele, younger buyers, but they priced the too strong and that was a huge mistake. They are not going after tried and true blue collar Shelby buyers any longer we now know they are strictly looking for well healed upper crust customers. But the car doesn’t have the moxy to get them unless one spends upwards of $90k, and there is way too many high end cars at that $$ number.

Edited by SWEDEMAN
Edited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

...but anything under 250 is a failure.

 

Well perhaps Shelby American should close their doors as I don't believe we've built 250 of any specific model in at least the last five years but somehow our doors are still open and all lifts have a backlog of cars waiting to be built.

Swedeman, if less than 250 of one model is a failure then whats your take on that other company, the company who's name starts with S A L, who hasn't built 250 cars combined in the last five years?

I guess its that glass 1/2 empty vs the glass being 1/2 full, if you want to see failure you will see failure.

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Well perhaps Shelby American should close their doors as I don't believe we've built 250 of any specific model in at least the last five years but somehow our doors are still open and all lifts have a backlog of cars waiting to be built.

Swedeman, if less than 250 of one model is a failure then whats your take on that other company, the company who's name starts with S A L, who hasn't built 250 cars combined in the last five years?

I guess its that glass 1/2 empty vs the glass being 1/2 full, if you want to see failure you will see failure.

Steve

 

Hi Steve

No we are all just thinking back to 2007-08. 

The hope was this.....the SGT should/could have been made more affordable instead of the high dollar car, with performance mods, it is. They should have added an under $20k package for the blue collar buyer is all we/I am saying. Steve.....we both know 100% I'm venting because I LOVE THE SHELBY BRAND. The introduction of the 2007-08 SGT was the beginning of Shelby all over again and I just wanted it to be the same. But as the old saying goes "you can never really go home again and have it the same that it was". The past is the past.

Thanks.

Dave

PS: ** S A L is toast.**

Edited by SWEDEMAN
Edited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Hi Steve

No we are all just thinking back to 2007-08. 

The hope was this.....the SGT should/could have been made more affordable instead of the high dollar car, with performance mods, it is. They should have added an under $20k package for the blue collar buyer is all we/I am saying. Steve.....we both know 100% I'm venting because I LOVE THE SHELBY BRAND. The introduction of the 2007-08 SGT was the beginning of Shelby all over again and I just wanted it to be the same. But as the old saying goes "you can never really go home again and have it the same that it was". The past is the past.

Thanks.

Dave

PS: ** S A L is toast.**

There's no denying your passion and I do understand where you are coming from but to call Shelby Americans product a failure is a bit strong.

We need to keep in mind that the 2007-08 Shelby GT's were heavily subsidized by Ford and although SAI built the cars they were not our cars, they were built for and sold by Ford. The 2007 SGT package was $7,300 and honesty buyers got a lot for that $7,300. Some Shelby enthusiasts like to boast how they can build a car cheaper then Shelby, well it would be pretty difficult to have duplicated the Shelby GT package back then for $7,300 as the retail price on just the parts were probably $7,300. We were all spoiled back then.

Now consider the 2018-19 Shelby GT, that is our car.  Built by and sold by Shelby American with no Ford subsidy. The cars design, the prototypes, the molds, the vendor minimums, the advertising are all paid for by Shelby American which of course get absorbed into the cars final package price.

Don't get me wrong, I've been an advocate for a lower priced SAI built Shelby for years as I'm a believer that quantity is good for the bottom line. The more Shelby owners out there equals more potential SPP purchases and Team Shelby participation. Along with the increased exposure to the Shelby brand which hopefully would lead to more cars being built.

While some have said that Shelby American only caters to or only wants "big dog" buyers, I can tell you for a fact that is not the case. The majority of SAI customers are just like you and me. They have a dream and save their money to eventually make that dream happen . Sure we have some repeat customers who have a few dollars in the bank but they are rare and we certainly do not have their pocketbook in mind when designing the latest Shelby vehicle.

Now with all that said, SAI does listen. Many of you know that Gary Patterson and Vince LaViolette along with Aaron Shelby and our PR guy Scott Black are very approachable at Shelby events or at our Las Vegas production facility and who will certainly take the time to listen to what  enthusiasts like yourself have to say, good or bad, but we are a business after all and need to do what we feel is best to keep the doors open. The current Shelby American has been building cars non-stop for the last 12+ years which is longer than any previous incarnation of Shelby American so we must be doing something right.

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

There's no denying your passion and I do understand where you are coming from but to call Shelby Americans product a failure is a bit strong.

We need to keep in mind that the 2007-08 Shelby GT's were heavily subsidized by Ford and although SAI built the cars they were not our cars, they were built for and sold by Ford. The 2007 SGT package was $7,300 and honesty buyers got a lot for that $7,300. Some Shelby enthusiasts like to boast how they can build a car cheaper then Shelby, well it would be pretty difficult to have duplicated the Shelby GT package back then for $7,300 as the retail price on just the parts were probably $7,300. We were all spoiled back then.

Now consider the 2018-19 Shelby GT, that is our car.  Built by and sold by Shelby American with no Ford subsidy. The cars design, the prototypes, the molds, the vendor minimums, the advertising are all paid for by Shelby American which of course get absorbed into the cars final package price.

Don't get me wrong, I've been an advocate for a lower priced SAI built Shelby for years as I'm a believer that quantity is good for the bottom line. The more Shelby owners out there equals more potential SPP purchases and Team Shelby participation. Along with the increased exposure to the Shelby brand which hopefully would lead to more cars being built.

While some have said that Shelby American only caters to or only wants "big dog" buyers, I can tell you for a fact that is not the case. The majority of SAI customers are just like you and me. They have a dream and save their money to eventually make that dream happen . Sure we have some repeat customers who have a few dollars in the bank but they are rare and we certainly do not have their pocketbook in mind when designing the latest Shelby vehicle.

Now with all that said, SAI does listen. Many of you know that Gary Patterson and Vince LaViolette along with Aaron Shelby and our PR guy Scott Black are very approachable at Shelby events or at our Las Vegas production facility and who will certainly take the time to listen to what  enthusiasts like yourself have to say, good or bad, but we are a business after all and need to do what we feel is best to keep the doors open. The current Shelby American has been building cars non-stop for the last 12+ years which is longer than any previous incarnation of Shelby American so we must be doing something right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So  like everyone else, we are just wanting something we cant have anymore, as the rate of price increases has outpaced the rate of pay by a long shot. Ford's stock price on 11/1/2007 was mid $8 dollars, today's the stock in mid $9 dollars so there will be no subsidizing from Ford any time soon. So unless you want to spend $70-$80k your not in square one any longer....a frign shame. Like I said earlier...... "you can never really go home again and have it the same that it was". The past is the past.

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

 

 

 

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a little more food for thought. When the SAI team sits down to design a new vehicle its not like we get together and say "let's design a $80k car" but more like, lets design a great car and hope we can keep pricing reasonable. Yes reasonable pricing is subjective with each of us having a different opinion of what is reasonable. Don't forget that the Shelby Mustang's of the 1960's routinely cost more than a Corvette so even back then Shelby's came with a premium price.

We also have to keep in mind that volume also has an effect on pricing. Ford can sell the GT350 at the price they do because they build the car in volume, approx 5,000 units per year, so just think what the GT350 would sell for if it was a 50-500 unit build?

One other item that needs to be pointed out is that unlike our competitors SAI will add a Shelby package to your used car. If we were really only interested in "big dog" customers why would we offer Shelby packages for cars that are up to 10 years old? We do that so the average working guy can pay off their original car purchase loan and then send their car to SAI for upgrades, something that "big dog" customers don't have to worry about.

Its all about balancing content vs pricing. Sure we could come out with a $8k Shelby package but good chance that package would end up being a "sticker" package, the ol all show and no go type of deal, that's not what Carroll would want and something that the current SAI team wouldn't want either.

At Shelby American we value all Shelby enthusiasts and their opinions. Doesn't matter if you are a past, a current or a future Shelby owner, Shelby American is here because of you and we value your support.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×