megatrack67

GT500KR Convertible (2008-2009) Do they really exist ?

Having seen a GT500KR convertible 2008 2009 in my work parking, I'm trying to figure out this car is really  a  GT500KR. I can't find anywhere info about production for convertible KR during those 2 years. I Know they made some in1968, but what about 2008-2009

No 2008 or 2009 GT500KR convertibles. Much to my sadness. At one time had a plan to turn GT500 into GT500KR, biggest hurdle was hood. Shelby was very tight-fisted about them.

SA should've built EXACTLY the same number as were built in 1968, in both coupes and convertibles.

As was stated above, NO 'verts in 08/09

Edited by Cali_KR

2 hours ago, Cali_KR said:

SA should've built EXACTLY the same number as were built in 1968, in both coupes and convertibles.

As was stated above, NO 'verts in 08/09

Shelby American was just an extension to the manufacturing process (note 1).  Ford determined build numbers.  

Note 1:  Since the KR was COMPLETED by Shelby American, the cars count as one of the two models of pre-title Ford/Shelby vehicles, the Shelby GT being the other.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, twobjshelbys said:

Shelby American was just an extension to the manufacturing process (note 1).  Ford determined build numbers.  

Note 1:  Since the KR was COMPLETED by Shelby American, the cars count as one of the two models of pre-title Ford/Shelby vehicles, the Shelby GT being the other.

If that was the case then they (Ford) learned from their mistake and corrected course with the 12/13 B's which matched the numbers of the 69/70's.

I know, Minor details in the big picture of life, but us car folk can be a fickle bunch...