• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Checking to see if anyone who owns a 07-09 Shelby GT or owners of the early Terlingua's 05-09 don't hold me to the year they started just can't remember anyway, if you race your Shelby GT or Terlingua or did I want to know if you changed your front bumper cover to add a Splitter or just added a front Splitter to existing lower valance and if you changed the rear Diffuser which Company did you use and did you actually notice a difference on track?

Basically same question for rear decklid Spoiler? Some of these events whether Optima series or Goodguys they have a height limit on the decklid Spoiler 

After my arm surgery I plan to run some Autocross events and Track events in 2019 and looking to add these parts that actually function and not just for looking pretty. All the Manufacturers seem to have forgotten the 05-09 Mustangs and only focusing on the 15-present Mustangs and a couple ones who make quality parts like Anderson Composites and TruFiber may offer a Hood and that's it. I do know about APR Racing just asking if anyone has used anyone else?

As for Wheels I will have to use a new set for Racing as the AR Razor's are too soft and don't want to ruin them. Has anyone used any of the New Shelby Wheels to race with? Yes, I can add Forgeline like many of those racers I just like to use Shelby parts when applicable. 

Also, has anyone on their Shelby GT changed your front fenders to TruFiber's GT350 style wheel and if so can you post some pictures?

Just my 2 cents but I have tracked my 2008 SGT since I bought it in October 2007.  It depends on what type of racing you are going to do.  The best money you can spend, and to do it right you will spend some money is on brakes.  I have AP Racing all around.  Below are the front brakes.  After that, I would add a Watts Link.  I did a Fays brand.  Then I would think about adding power but power comes after stopping ability and handling ability.  Splitters, diffusers, carbon fiber items and super light wheels, while they have their place, are not usually going to make much difference when tracking your car at what I will call the weekend racer level (which is me).  In the end, it is your car.  Others will weigh in with their opinions and they have years and years of different experiences tracking their cars so you will find their posts valuable.  Jim

image.png.8765dc532a97aa1725329ef68f662f5c.png

I have the APR functional front splitter that was designed for our front end (Shelby GT/ Cal Special). Very solid piece.  The link shows pics on a Shelby GT from a forum member that used to post here.  I had to remove mine temporarily to modify it slightly. It covers up underneath the front end (about even with the back edge of the forward part of the fender) as it should to be functional. Unfortunately it covers the area my filter is since I have a KB SC. I plan on modifying that area somewhat to allow the air to get back to the filter then re-install it.

https://www.octanemotorsports.com/2005-2009-ford-mustang-shelby-gtcalifornia-special-apr-carbon-fiber-front-splitter-with-rods-p-171782.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAt4rfBRBKEiwAC678KV6qHrV9tV7i5OMhs8eVUZ2e4f8qqEUFe-IkU4GSGYCeOLlpiN7Z5hoCteEQAvD_BwE

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:18 AM, clark17357 said:

Just my 2 cents but I have tracked my 2008 SGT since I bought it in October 2007.  It depends on what type of racing you are going to do.  The best money you can spend, and to do it right you will spend some money is on brakes.  I have AP Racing all around.  Below are the front brakes.  After that, I would add a Watts Link.  I did a Fays brand.  Then I would think about adding power but power comes after stopping ability and handling ability.  Splitters, diffusers, carbon fiber items and super light wheels, while they have their place, are not usually going to make much difference when tracking your car at what I will call the weekend racer level (which is me).  In the end, it is your car.  Others will weigh in with their opinions and they have years and years of different experiences tracking their cars so you will find their posts valuable.  Jim

image.png.8765dc532a97aa1725329ef68f662f5c.png

You make a lot of sense I appreciate the blunt 'weekend racer' comment and is kind of info. I am looking for. My 08 GT/SC came with 6-piston Baer Claw's up front and have the same in the rear as got them when SAI had a big parts sale. Car is equipped with Griggs Racing Super Street suspension and going to add some of his Track suspension to it, but I am looking to upgrade the coil-overs that have more tuning ability than the Koni's. The Wheels though I have to change when I am racing as the Razors are just too soft which a couple of Shelby GT owners found out so their bad luck is my gain. My Razors are 20's and I do not know if this is true but I been told our 07-09 Shelby GT's on track handle far better with 19's even 18's so that I am unsure of?  

You will get many opinions on wheel size.  I do not see 20" as a good option for the track.  I prefer 18's but I could see where 19's might be good.

Anything from Griggs is top notch so you are good there.

I have Tokics on my car for shocks.  I was won over by a fellow SGT owner at the Terlingua high speed run in Texas who showed me that, when you crank them all the way down (as you would at the track), the car reacts very well in terms of body roll/lean. 

Using Tokicos, I was able to take my SGT to 172 mph at Terlingua.  The car was rock steady even at that speed.

If you have not been to Terlingua, you should make a point to get there (early October every year).  Where else will the Sheriff of Brewster County (or any other County) close down 10 miles of public highway and let all of us take our cars to top speed?

image.png.143c247fef2b94720b12e456fece4abb.png

On 11/7/2018 at 3:04 AM, 39Mustang said:

Checking to see if anyone who owns a 07-09 Shelby GT or owners of the early Terlingua's 05-09 don't hold me to the year they started just can't remember anyway, if you race your Shelby GT or Terlingua or did I want to know if you changed your front bumper cover to add a Splitter or just added a front Splitter to existing lower valance and if you changed the rear Diffuser which Company did you use and did you actually notice a difference on track?

Basically same question for rear decklid Spoiler? Some of these events whether Optima series or Goodguys they have a height limit on the decklid Spoiler 

After my arm surgery I plan to run some Autocross events and Track events in 2019 and looking to add these parts that actually function and not just for looking pretty. All the Manufacturers seem to have forgotten the 05-09 Mustangs and only focusing on the 15-present Mustangs and a couple ones who make quality parts like Anderson Composites and TruFiber may offer a Hood and that's it. I do know about APR Racing just asking if anyone has used anyone else?

As for Wheels I will have to use a new set for Racing as the AR Razor's are too soft and don't want to ruin them. Has anyone used any of the New Shelby Wheels to race with? Yes, I can add Forgeline like many of those racers I just like to use Shelby parts when applicable. 

Also, has anyone on their Shelby GT changed your front fenders to TruFiber's GT350 style wheel and if so can you post some pictures?

Apex makes a great wheel for SN197s. Brakes are a must. Flush brake fluids with a good dot 4 as well. Not sure of your experience level but if your new, skip the splitter for now and mod the driver. splitter wont do a lot on autocross. Dont buy anything bigger then an 18 inch wheel. Lots of tire choices and they weigh less then a 19 or 20. Bigger wheels for that car would be a mistake. Even the GT4 cars run 18s

Edited by svttim
  • Like 1

I have Baer Claw Extreme at all four's so any issue with 18's fitting with those calipers?

2 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I have Baer Claw Extreme at all four's so any issue with 18's fitting with those calipers?

You may have issues.  It was with the rear brakes (AP acing) on my car that I ran into wheels that would not fit.  But that was because the rear wheel were wider than the fronts and the offset is what caused the problem.  If you have the same offset for front and back wheels and they fit over the front brakes, the rears should not be a problem.

Jim

3 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

If you have issues, pick yourself up a set of 2007-2009 GT500 18"'s they will clear I am running these will big Wilwoods front and back with MPSS on them

available in silver or  hard to find black

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-1007-S1895/