• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
sumomike

Buying a Shelby Raptor in Washington

First let me say that I love Shelby and what they stand for which is why I hope you can help me resolve this.

Like many I always dreamed of having a Shelby one day.  When I saw Shelby Raptor I was in love.  You see my wife always wanted a truck, but I wanted a Mustang.  The Shelby Raptor was the best of both worlds.  So I saved and saved to finally make a purchase…  Like many I choose to purchase from what I thought was a reputable Ford dealer in my city,  Bill Pierre Ford in Seattle.   There was nothing unusual about the purchase,  they had about 4-5 to choose from.  We selected the color we liked and purchased my dream car,  Shelby Raptor.

I don’t know why I didn’t look under the hood at the dealership.  Maybe because it was raining that day or maybe I believed all the Shelby Raptors included the same upgrades.  Pick the color and Ford options and I should be set, right?  Well, not right.  I take it home and look under the hood and notice no Shelby Intake.  I was confused, was it left off, is there some parts in the bed I didn’t see?  Nope, nothing.  Somehow I purchased a Shelby Raptor without any performance upgrades.  Yes, you read correctly, I bought a Shelby Raptor in all its glory without its heart.  It was not 525 HP as advertised.  It didn’t have the famous Shelby Cold Intake, no Ecoboost upgrade, No performance tune! nothing.  The engine was stock, I am devastated. 

How can you make a Shelby Raptor without the performance upgrades and still call it a Shelby?  Even the MSRP was exactly the same so why would I or anyone suspect this Raptor of anything other than being an awesome kick ass Shelby Raptor.  So I was duped by the dealer who didn’t disclose and let down by Shelby putting out a Shelby Raptor which was not a Shelby Raptor.  I couldn’t imagine this happening with Mustang or any other vehicle.

I write to you because I hope you can help me resolve this.  I would like my Shelby Raptor to be a real Shelby with the performance upgrades.  I also ask you not to let anyone one else experience this trama, please dont put out any more like this.

CSM 18SR0318

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by sumomike
changed the title to be more representative

4 hours ago, sumomike said:

First let me say that I love Shelby and what they stand for which is why I hope you can help me resolve this.

Like many I always dreamed of having a Shelby one day.  When I saw Shelby Raptor I was in love.  You see my wife always wanted a truck, but I wanted a Mustang.  The Shelby Raptor was the best of both worlds.  So I saved and saved to finally make a purchase…  Like many I choose to purchase from what I thought was a reputable Ford dealer in my city,  Bill Pierre Ford in Seattle.   There was nothing unusual about the purchase,  they had about 4-5 to choose from.  We selected the color we liked and purchased my dream car,  Shelby Raptor.

I don’t know why I didn’t look under the hood at the dealership.  Maybe because it was raining that day or maybe I believed all the Shelby Raptors included the same upgrades.  Pick the color and Ford options and I should be set, right?  Well, not right.  I take it home and look under the hood and notice no Shelby Intake.  I was confused, was it left off, is there some parts in the bed I didn’t see?  Nope, nothing.  Somehow I purchased a Shelby Raptor without any performance upgrades.  Yes, you read correctly, I bought a Shelby Raptor in all its glory without its heart.  It was not 525 HP as advertised.  It didn’t have the famous Shelby Cold Intake, no Ecoboost upgrade, No performance tune! nothing.  The engine was stock, I am devastated. 

How can you make a Shelby Raptor without the performance upgrades and still call it a Shelby?  Even the MSRP was exactly the same so why would I or anyone suspect this Raptor of anything other than being an awesome kick ass Shelby Raptor.  So I was duped by the dealer who didn’t disclose and let down by Shelby putting out a Shelby Raptor which was not a Shelby Raptor.  I couldn’t imagine this happening with Mustang or any other vehicle.

I write to you because I hope you can help me resolve this.  I would like my Shelby Raptor to be a real Shelby with the performance upgrades.  I also ask you not to let anyone one else experience this trama, please dont put out any more like this.

CSM 18SR0318

Thanks,

Michael

First off Welcome to Team Shelby.  How long ago since the purchase?  Make the dealer unwind the deal.  I've got two family members in the high end car business and Im telling you it happens all the time.  Once the taxes are paid by the dealer to the state the deal is done though.  I dont see this as Shelbys fault or the dealers.  You can order a Raptor or Mustang anyway you or the dealer wants it.    Sorry that happen to you but you should have looked closer at what your dropped a ton of money on.   Hope you get it resolved.   

I'm not sure what you mean by "unwind the deal". In the state of Washington there is no buyers remorse policy like they have in California. 

I see my error for not doing my due diligence. Can't say more about this and as they say hindsight is 20/20.

If what you say is true, this happens all the time in high end cars, it might be, but i have a hard time believing this happens all the time buying a new Shelby from a Ford dealership. 

The online brochure is misleading at best, based on the second paragraph.  It should say optional if that's the case.

"The Shelby Raptor has returned and it is all business. Now available on the stronger, lighter and more nimble 2017-2018 platform, Shelby American turns the capable machine into an extreme off-roader with key enhancements to the truck’s suspension, power and styling. Under the hood, the Shelby Raptor has a custom cold-air performance intake system and tune, feeding the Ford Performance EcoBoost engine. This gives the twin-turbo V-6 an amazing 525+ horsepower and an astonishing 610+ foot pounds of torque."

Depending on how long you’ve had it, speak to the dealer GM. Speak to the dealers Ford rep.   I’m sure you’re not familiar with that term “unwind the deal” un less you’ve been around the car business. I can assure you the dealer knows what were talking about. 

The brochure and press release both say the performance upgrade is part of the package.  I think the dealer has some explaining to do.  You should look under the hoods of the other Shelby Raptors on the lot.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:38 AM, sumomike said:

CSM 18SR0318

Thanks,

Michael

Mike,

Congratulations on your Shelby Raptor purchase. It appears that you dealt with a dealership salesperson who did not explain the "selling process" for a green State vehicle, yes Washington State is a green state that follows California's lead when it comes to performance vehicles.

Washington State does not allow the Shelby Raptor to be sold with those performance parts pre-installed, they are installed after the purchase as a post-title mod. Your window sticker (aka Monroney label) has an asterisk next to those parts stating that they are post title.

So the good news is that you were not shorted anything as those performance parts were shipped with your truck and are waiting to be installed by the dealerships service department.

Please reach out to your dealerships sales manager to schedule the installation. If you encounter any problems please reach out to our dealer liaison here at Shelby American who is Mike Lambert 702-942-7325

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Mike,

Congratulations on your Shelby Raptor purchase. It appears that you dealt with a dealership salesperson who did not explain the "selling process" for a green State vehicle, yes Washington State is a green state that follows California's lead when it comes to performance vehicles.

Washington State does not allow the Shelby Raptor to be sold with those performance parts pre-installed, they are installed after the purchase as a post-title mod. Your window sticker (aka Monroney label) has an asterisk next to those parts stating that they are post title.

So the good news is that you were not shorted anything as those performance parts were shipped with your truck and are waiting to be installed by the dealerships service department.

Please reach out to your dealerships sales manager to schedule the installation. If you encounter any problems please reach out to our dealer liaison here at Shelby American who is Mike Lambert 702-942-7325

Steve

Hi Steve,

Our replies just crossed paths, I was replied to your previous post just now.  

Great News, you are correct, the dealership didn't mention anything about this and I felt as if I didn't call and say something they would not have said anything, hence the feeling I was in for a problem.   As I said, I am glad to get this resolved and if it was all a big misunderstanding in the end at least others may learn from it and avoid such mistake in the future. 

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by sumomike
Typo

Awesome news!