Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

      * * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

      2019 Bash Tickets
noac

07 GT/SC conversion promotions

Recommended Posts

I have a 2007 SGT and want to know if there are any current promotions being offered by Shelby on the conversion price.  I know from time to time they offer discounts or free upgrades,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you should probably try contacting  SAI directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 5:06 AM, noac said:

I have a 2007 SGT and want to know if there are any current promotions being offered by Shelby on the conversion price.  I know from time to time they offer discounts or free upgrades,

Recently we did have a promotion for the 2006-08 GT/GTH owners where a optional interior upgrade was included as part of the GT/SC package at no charge. Although this promotion has expired if you email me your contact info I'll walk it over to our sales department and have them take good care of you. If you call our sales department directly you will be told the promotion has expired so send me an email at stevent@shelby.com

FYI, this customer good will gesture I'm offering is limited so please don't email me in January saying that you want to take me up on this.

Steve

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, carnut12 said:

Great offer Steve!!!  Very thoughtful of you.

 

+100 

Good form Steve! 

Edit-  My old car is there now taking advantage of the interior upgrade pkg offer..... :rockon: 

#07SGT5671

The new owner is getting stoked!!

43412844350_2789c77236_b.jpg

 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Recently we did have a promotion for the 2006-08 GT/GTH owners where a optional interior upgrade was included as part of the GT/SC package at no charge. Although this promotion has expired if you email me your contact info I'll walk it over to our sales department and have them take good care of you. If you call our sales department directly you will be told the promotion has expired so send me an email at stevent@shelby.com

FYI, this customer good will gesture I'm offering is limited so please don't email me in January saying that you want to take me up on this.

Steve

Thank you sir.  I called and spoke with Chris today before I saw this post.  I am will make my decision shortly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, BIKEBOY said:

+100 

Good form Steve! 

Edit-  My old car is there now taking advantage of the interior upgrade pkg offer..... :rockon: 

#07SGT5671

The new owner is getting stoked!!

43412844350_2789c77236_b.jpg

 

I can confirm Chris' post.   The gorgeous '07 Shelby GT 5671 is well on its way to morphing into a GT/SC as I type.  :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Len Musgrove said:

I can confirm Chris' post.   The gorgeous '07 Shelby GT 5671 is well on its way to morphing into a GT/SC as I type.  :)

 

Len!!! :happyfeet: 

Let me be the first person to officially welcome you to Team Shelby! :salute: 

I can’t wait to see the transformation. Please keep us all informed.  And remember what they say on the inter web.... :camera: or it didn’t happen. :lol: 

 Chris

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, and it looks like they still have a deep draw hood option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do indeed.  I saw a 2008 Vista Blue GT/SC completed that also had the deep draw hood while I was checking on my 2007.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 11:37 AM, IASHELBYGT said:

Nice, and it looks like they still have a deep draw hood option.

 

12 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

They do indeed.  I saw a 2008 Vista Blue GT/SC completed that also had the deep draw hood while I was checking on my 2007.

Actually that's the mid-draw hood. Deep draw hoods had clearance problems with supercharger installs and are no longer being made.

Now before anyone asks,, these mid-draw hoods are NOT available for purchase over the counter. These hoods are produced on an as needed basis for cars being upgraded with say a GT/SC or widebody package here at SAI.

Steve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 10:44 AM, SAI-Steven said:

 

Actually that's the mid-draw hood. Deep draw hoods had clearance problems with supercharger installs and are no longer being made.

Now before anyone asks,, these mid-draw hoods are NOT available for purchase over the counter. These hoods are produced on an as needed basis for cars being upgraded with say a GT/SC or widebody package here at SAI.

Steve

Steve

 Can you tell us the package price of a wide body install at Shelby Las Vegas, including wheels and tire package? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 9:25 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Steve

 Can you tell us the package price of a wide body install at Shelby Las Vegas, including wheels and tire package? Thanks!

For the newer cars see this link,

http://info.shelbyamerican.com/eblast/021518-WB/WideBody_Web.pdf

For the older cars, here is the over the counter non-installed price

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/wbk-1.htm

 

For exact pricing please call the Shelby Sales Office at 702-942-7325

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

For the newer cars see this link,

http://info.shelbyamerican.com/eblast/021518-WB/WideBody_Web.pdf

For the older cars, here is the over the counter non-installed price

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/wbk-1.htm

 

For exact pricing please call the Shelby Sales Office at 702-942-7325

 

Thank you Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Thank you Steve.

That Paxton would be UBER SPECIAL with a wide body Dave!!!! 

:rockon: 

Edit- It’d be even cooler if ya widened those Razors and kept her old school looking !! :cool: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

That Paxton would be UBER SPECIAL with a wide body Dave!!!! 

:rockon: 

Edit- It’d be even cooler if ya widened those Razors and kept her old school looking !! :cool: 

Oh yes it would be! I have to get some adrenaline pumping here!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Len Musgrove said:

'07 SGT 5671 nearing the finish line!  I am about to get fired up here!

Engine Profile 1-25-19.jpg

Final Stages. 2 1-20-19.jpg

Looks Great, thanks for sharing !

You have smiles for miles very soon

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling you are 100% correct, Andrew!   Have a great weekend.  Len

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

'07 SGT 5671 nearing the finish line!  I am about to get fired up here!

Engine Profile 1-25-19.jpg

Final Stages. 2 1-20-19.jpg

"VERY NICE"!        "ENJOY THE RIDE"!    :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious did they add the belt tensioner part that stops it from slipping/shredding, several of us had that issue.  I went the next level up and just added the 10 rib belt, but I would at minimum get the tensioner.  The package should come with it, but I would make sure.

 

You are going to love it!!!!

 

Edited by carnut12
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the cam covers too Len. 

I was going to install those when I had her, but G said “no more money!” :doh::hysterical: 

Seriously man, you are going to have one awesome looking beast there!! :worship: 

Edit- Do you plan on leaving the taillight trim on her? I got loads of compliments on those over the years. :cool: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carnut12 said:

Just curious did they add the belt tensioner part that stops it from slipping/shredding, several of us had that issue.  I went the next level up and just added the 10 rib belt, but I would at minimum get the tensioner.  The package should come with it, but I would make sure.

 

You are going to love it!!!!

 

:lurk: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carnut12 said:

Just curious did they add the belt tensioner part that stops it from slipping/shredding, several of us had that issue.  I went the next level up and just added the 10 rib belt, but I would at minimum get the tensioner.  The package should come with it, but I would make sure.

 

You are going to love it!!!!

 

I am not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.   Matt Giles at Shelby has done a great job overseeing the GT/SC conversion.  Thanks for the good words!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Chris.  I also added the Shelby caps, which are shown below.  I like the way it dresses up the engine bay.    I am really anxious to get the little beast here.   Fortunately, the cruddy weather in Dallas is making me more patient than I would be otherwise.  :) 

Engine Bay completed with Caps 20619.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×