Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

      * * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

      2019 Bash Tickets
tesgt350

The New Shelby GT 500...........

Recommended Posts

My question IS:  Will SAI offer a GT 500KR "Up Grade" for this Beast?  Either thru Ford or to the Owner..............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-135500490.html

That Blue, is that Guardsman Blue?

Edited by tesgt350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.  No manual tho, that's a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

My question IS:  Will SAI offer a GT 500KR "Up Grade" for this Beast?  Either thru Ford or to the Owner..............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-135500490.html

That Blue, is that Guardsman Blue?

The Blue is probably Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue.....due to the color, it looks more Lightning Blue since Velocity blue is brighter than Lightning

I can see Ford doing a KR version, like they have the R for the GT350, then shelby would do a SuperSnake

Edited by ShelbyEra08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love the comments. people just comment on anything, whether it interests them or not.  The internet is a wonderful place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This car is a Game Changer!!!  Finally a DCT, hopefully it’s close to the performance of the Porsche PDK.  I’ve been a Manual only guy for many years, then I went to a Porsche Driving school and drove the PDK, to me it has all of the advantages of the Manual and lacks the disadvantages of the automatic.  I can not wait to see this car at the NY Auto-Show.

 

My guess is it starts at $69-79K, I’m hoping $69K and then a well optioned one will be $79K or so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

The Blue is probably Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue.....due to the color, it looks more Lightning Blue since Velocity blue is brighter than Lightning

I can see Ford doing a KR version, like they have the R for the GT350, then shelby would do a SuperSnake

What more can be added to it to improve it to get a KR or Supersnake?  Seems like it's already top of the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way overdue for the AUTOMATIC which proves Ford's B.S. story about the automatic can't handle the HP so why never the Automatic for the GT350 huh Ford?"

I would order mine in Royal Crimson but Ford deleted it after one year I guess Black, White, Red, and Gray is so in demand so why offer exciting colors like the Challenger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

What more can be added to it to improve it to get a KR or Supersnake?  Seems like it's already top of the line.

Agreed who in their right mind would want more then this?  It’s already crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

What more can be added to it to improve it to get a KR or Supersnake?  Seems like it's already top of the line.

You can ask the same question when the 2007 GT500 1st came out, or even the 2013 GT500

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Way overdue for the AUTOMATIC which proves Ford's B.S. story about the automatic can't handle the HP so why never the Automatic for the GT350 huh Ford?"

The new Tremec DCT was made specifically for this GT500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, noac said:

another SVT Cobra, cool.

Correction, Ford Performance now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Secondo said:

The new Tremec DCT was made specifically for this GT500.

I just read a good article that lists everything this has and I am not sure what is more shocking they didn't use the 10spd Automatic or the fact the car has no shifter only a rotary dial? So, with the Tremec DCT the big question is how many gears does the DCT GT500 have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

My question IS:  Will SAI offer a GT 500KR "Up Grade" for this Beast?  Either thru Ford or to the Owner..............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-135500490.html

That Blue, is that Guardsman Blue?

My guess would be is SAI offers the KR package like they did in 2008 but this time you will probably see you taking your GT500 to SAI for the KR package instead of the nightmare last time when scumbag dealers had the KR's and held them hostage and after that when those dealers had the 50th Annv. Mustangs and the 2015 and 2016 GT350's and tried their same tactic of huge markup's the buyers did not budge and some dealers still have their 2015 50th Annv. Mustangs

I truly hope that Guardsman Blue is offered as I think Lightning Blue is one of the best Mustang colors of all time and deleting that color for Velocity Blue was stupid as Lightning Blue is a true Blue while the new Velocity Blue has more Teal in it so you might as well bring back Gulfstream Aqua which would look amazing on the 2020 GT500

I think when ordering one I will have a hard time deciding what color? If Guardsman Blue is available it with White or Ingot Silver stripes would look great or Ingot Silver with Guardsman Blue stripes or Magnetic with Guardsman Blue stripes or I am holding out for Highland Green GT500 with stripe delete or you go with the best Shelby color White with Blue stripes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

My guess would be is SAI offers the KR package like they did in 2008 but this time you will probably see you taking your GT500 to SAI for the KR package instead of the nightmare last time when scumbag dealers had the KR's and held them hostage and after that when those dealers had the 50th Annv. Mustangs and the 2015 and 2016 GT350's and tried their same tactic of huge markup's the buyers did not budge and some dealers still have their 2015 50th Annv. Mustangs

I truly hope that Guardsman Blue is offered as I think Lightning Blue is one of the best Mustang colors of all time and deleting that color for Velocity Blue was stupid as Lightning Blue is a true Blue while the new Velocity Blue has more Teal in it so you might as well bring back Gulfstream Aqua which would look amazing on the 2020 GT500

I think when ordering one I will have a hard time deciding what color? If Guardsman Blue is available it with White or Ingot Silver stripes would look great or Ingot Silver with Guardsman Blue stripes or Magnetic with Guardsman Blue stripes or I am holding out for Highland Green GT500 with stripe delete or you go with the best Shelby color White with Blue stripes

Yep, just like the original, that would be cool!...Did I read correctly, 7 speed instead of the 10 speed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

My guess would be is SAI offers the KR package like they did in 2008 but this time you will probably see you taking your GT500 to SAI for the KR package instead of the nightmare last time when scumbag dealers had the KR's and held them hostage and after that when those dealers had the 50th Annv. Mustangs and the 2015 and 2016 GT350's and tried their same tactic of huge markup's the buyers did not budge and some dealers still have their 2015 50th Annv. Mustangs

I truly hope that Guardsman Blue is offered as I think Lightning Blue is one of the best Mustang colors of all time and deleting that color for Velocity Blue was stupid as Lightning Blue is a true Blue while the new Velocity Blue has more Teal in it so you might as well bring back Gulfstream Aqua which would look amazing on the 2020 GT500

I think when ordering one I will have a hard time deciding what color? If Guardsman Blue is available it with White or Ingot Silver stripes would look great or Ingot Silver with Guardsman Blue stripes or Magnetic with Guardsman Blue stripes or I am holding out for Highland Green GT500 with stripe delete or you go with the best Shelby color White with Blue stripes

I thought I read somewhere that only 3 Colors were going to be offered, The Blue, the Dark Red and Silver.............:shrug:

 

But my Thinker could be wrong.

Edited by tesgt350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be way more than 3 colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

You can ask the same question when the 2007 GT500 1st came out, or even the 2013 GT500

I never thought the '07 was as good as it could get.  Don't know enough about the '13 to offer there, but with the '20 it seems like everything is already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I thought I read somewhere that only 3 Colors were going to be offered, The Blue, the Dark Red and Silver.............:shrug:

 

But my Thinker could be wrong.

Those were the new colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Yep, just like the original, that would be cool!...Did I read correctly, 7 speed instead of the 10 speed?

Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes, doesn't get any better than that.  And BTW, that's Guardsman Blue there in my picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I thought I read somewhere that only 3 Colors were going to be offered, The Blue, the Dark Red and Silver.............:shrug:

 

But my Thinker could be wrong.

I read where it said Grabber Lime which if similar to the 70 Shelby color is not attractive but if like the 67 Shelby Lime then its a great color. 

Colors listed - Grabber Lime, Iconic Silver, Red Hot Metallic which you see in the photos, Twister Orange Metallic plus you will have many of the current colors White, Black, Magnetic and a few others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, Secondo said:

The new Tremec DCT was made specifically for this GT500.

Well, the GT500 and the forthcoming Vette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting for the SA insanity upgrades to the next generation Super Snake and 1000.  KR was released to go with the anniversary date of the classic issue.  Maybe a 1020 HP HP model for 2020...(track only, catless).  :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Yep, just like the original, that would be cool!...Did I read correctly, 7 speed instead of the 10 speed?

Yes its a Tremec DCT 7spd Automatic not the 10r80 which surprises me because Ford and GM spent a lot to make the 10r80. I got one and 1st to 2nd is odd almost shifts like a manual then bam you're off the 10r80 is great. Hoping Ford offers a kit so you can use it with older Mustangs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I read where it said Grabber Lime which if similar to the 70 Shelby color is not attractive but if like the 67 Shelby Lime then its a great color. 

Colors listed - Grabber Lime, Iconic Silver, Red Hot Metallic which you see in the photos, Twister Orange Metallic plus you will have many of the current colors White, Black, Magnetic and a few others

I believe this is Graber Lime.  Shelby's used Grabber Green.

DSC06522-762x456.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Yes its a Tremec DCT 7spd Automatic not the 10r80 which surprises me because Ford and GM spent a lot to make the 10r80. I got one and 1st to 2nd is odd almost shifts like a manual then bam you're off the 10r80 is great. Hoping Ford offers a kit so you can use it with older Mustangs

From what I heard in at least one interview the 10r80 couldn't handle the torque,  particularly with any margin for inevitable upgrades, so they went with the DCT based on the one they've been using in the GT and GT4 mustangs instead. Personally, I think it's about damned time they got a DCT in a mustang. Best of both worlds for drag, track, and roads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see good pictures of one without the track package?  I’m thinking it will look better then the huge wing on the back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×