Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

      * * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

      2019 Bash Tickets
39Mustang

B-J R package/tune lmao

Recommended Posts

Wow did anyone else just see C. Jackson talk about that  2011 GT350 that the guy on here tried to Sell with that R package/tune that we all tried to tell him there is NO such thing and it just went across the block and they called it a 2011 GT350 R wow I guess B-J don't check to see if the info. is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is written by the seller, and except for some "numbers matching" claims and HP claims on Corvettes, are not verified by the auction company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twobjshelbys said:

That is written by the seller, and except for some "numbers matching" claims and HP claims on Corvettes, are not verified by the auction company. 

True but that guy is a dealer in Canada and he tried the R nonsense on here and he did not believe us so when SAI told him he is wrong I am shocked that B-J would say that. 

I guess he never got the $100k he wanted on here as it Sold at $75,000 plus Sellers fee and he taking home less than $70k lol.  If he just listed it here between $68k to $79k he would have Sold it for more money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I chuckled at even more was when the TV announcer said the GT350 retailed for $42k when new. Maybe the base Mustang retailed for $42k but no 2011 GT350's were $42k

I also found the promotional banner on the windshield interesting where it claimed the car was 1 of 80 with a certain option. Not sure what they meant by that or where they got that number from. At least they got the total build number of 159 correct.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

What I chuckled at even more was when the TV announcer said the GT350 retailed for $42k when new. Maybe the base Mustang retailed for $42k but no 2011 GT350's were $42k

I also found the promotional banner on the windshield interesting where it claimed the car was 1 of 80 with a certain option. Not sure what they meant by that or where they got that number from. At least they got the total build number of 159 correct.

Steve

Below is from the auction description:

This Shelby has 8,671 actual miles and is one of 159 built in 2011, and one of 80 built with the R package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall this GT350 did pretty well at the auction when you consider right after this car a 2017 GT350 with less miles was only able to pull in $53k

A 2011 Roush w/576hp only brought $32k and that was with B-J giving the car extra time on the stage.

So buyers are willing to pay more for a Shelby American built GT350

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, SAI-Steven said:

Overall this GT350 did pretty well at the auction when you consider right after this car a 2017 GT350 with less miles was only able to pull in $53k

A 2011 Roush w/576hp only brought $32k and that was with B-J giving the car extra time on the stage.

So buyers are willing to pay more for a Shelby American built GT350

Steve

:rockon: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they are referring to the 624HP non-warranty tune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As reviewed before, the "R" addition name came from a media review of the 624 HP tune to differentiate it from the new 11 GT350 from the 525 HP tune.  Never was an SA designation but it got adapted.  Just like Ford never built a 1964 1/2 Mustang.  That wass the media name for it after it was released in April 1964, a half year before the normal release of new cars in the fall after Labor Day. Ford refered to them as "early 1965" Mustangs, but the 64 1/2 designation has stuck.  Besides, automanufacturers have for decades released new models usually four months before the actual designated year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cmcmotorworks said:

 

1537860_737687232922537_914200735_o.jpg

:worship: 

That thing got a solid rear axle?

:lurk: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

As reviewed before, the "R" addition name came from a media review of the 624 HP tune to differentiate it from the new 11 GT350 from the 525 HP tune.  Never was an SA designation but it got adapted.  Just like Ford never built a 1964 1/2 Mustang.  That wass the media name for it after it was released in April 1964, a half year before the normal release of new cars in the fall after Labor Day. Ford refered to them as "early 1965" Mustangs, but the 64 1/2 designation has stuck.  Besides, automanufacturers have for decades released new models usually four months before the actual designated year.

Whenever someone claims to have a 2011-14 'R' model just ask them to point out anywhere on the car or their sales invoice where it says they own or purchased a 'R' model.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found some of the R model culprits:

https://www2.motorauthority.com/news/1050211_2011-shelby-mustang-gt350-final-specs-new-624-hp-package

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2011-shelby-gt350-to-get-624horsepower-option-5197/

https://roadtesttv.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/2011-shelby-gt350r-624-horsepower-road-test-tv/

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2011-shelby-gt350/

 

Steve:

I have no idea who gave the "R model tune" term to the media when it came out , but they seemed to have latched on to it and some of us with 624 HP versions followed the use to differentiate it from the 525 HP model.    I, for one, know that the higher horsepower is not a special edition racetrack model as any 2011-14 GT350 is a racetrack ready Shelby as it was built, but tried linked onto the the R model term since it was prevelant in publications.  I never considered if it was a factory term or not or just someones easy designation for the higher power engine.

 

Don

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cmcmotorworks said:

I tell people mine's an "R" model because it's RED !

 

9 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Found some of the R model culprits:

https://www2.motorauthority.com/news/1050211_2011-shelby-mustang-gt350-final-specs-new-624-hp-package

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2011-shelby-gt350-to-get-624horsepower-option-5197/

https://roadtesttv.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/2011-shelby-gt350r-624-horsepower-road-test-tv/

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2011-shelby-gt350/

 

Steve:

I have no idea who gave the "R model tune" term to the media when it came out , but they seemed to have latched on to it and some of us with 624 HP versions followed the use to differentiate it from the 525 HP model.    I, for one, know that the higher horsepower is not a special edition racetrack model as any 2011-14 GT350 is a racetrack ready Shelby as it was built, but tried linked onto the the R model term since it was prevelant in publications.  I never considered if it was a factory term or not or just someones easy designation for the higher power engine.

 

Don

 

 

 

 

 

Wow ! Just found out mine's a double "RR" model !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, 66GT350PS said:

Found some of the R model culprits:

https://www2.motorauthority.com/news/1050211_2011-shelby-mustang-gt350-final-specs-new-624-hp-package

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2011-shelby-gt350-to-get-624horsepower-option-5197/

https://roadtesttv.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/2011-shelby-gt350r-624-horsepower-road-test-tv/

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2011-shelby-gt350/

 

Steve:

I have no idea who gave the "R model tune" term to the media when it came out , but they seemed to have latched on to it and some of us with 624 HP versions followed the use to differentiate it from the 525 HP model.    I, for one, know that the higher horsepower is not a special edition racetrack model as any 2011-14 GT350 is a racetrack ready Shelby as it was built, but tried linked onto the the R model term since it was prevelant in publications.  I never considered if it was a factory term or not or just someones easy designation for the higher power engine.

 

Don

 

 

 

 

 

Don,

Its kind of like the chicken vs the egg thing, which came first. Did enthusiasts start throwing the 'R' name around and PR guys picked it up or did the PR guys toss the 'R' name out there and the enthusiasts picked it up.

All I know that there was no 'R' model option check box on the order sheet, there is no 'R' model insignia anywhere on the car and so far I've not seen one sales invoice showing where an owner purchased a 'R' model.

This is the same as some 40th Anniversary owners claiming to have a 40th Anniversary car with the Super Snake option.  Never happened no matter how many times they say it.

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered if it might have been a reference to the 642 HP tune out of Ford Performance that someone used and it just rolled along from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

I wondered if it might have been a reference to the 642 HP tune out of Ford Performance that someone used and it just rolled along from there. 

The 624hp GT350's had three tunes. One tune was the base 624hp s/c kit tune. Another tune was optional and was for  use with a minimum 91 octane fuel and the last tune was also optional for use with a minimum 93 octane fuel.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×