Jump to content
66GT350PS

The Myths Keep On Coming

Recommended Posts

It is articles like this one that perpetuate myths about the Shelby name and non-Shelby products:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features/303800/how-the-worlds-most-famous-shelby-gt500-was-born

 

The "Gone IN 60 Seconds" remake uses a Halicki Ealeanor mofified Mustang that never was a Shelby licensed product.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

It is articles like this one that perpetuate myths about the Shelby name and non-Shelby products:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features/303800/how-the-worlds-most-famous-shelby-gt500-was-born

 

The "Gone IN 60 Seconds" remake uses a Halicki Ealeanor mofified Mustang that never was a Shelby licensed product.

That may soon change in a couple of Years.  I have been toying with the Idea for a few Years now) of taking actual 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustangs and converting them into Eleanor's.  I have been planning on doing 25 total and it is starting to pick up a little steam with a few people wanting to invest in my project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

It is articles like this one that perpetuate myths about the Shelby name and non-Shelby products:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features/303800/how-the-worlds-most-famous-shelby-gt500-was-born

 

The "Gone IN 60 Seconds" remake uses a Halicki Ealeanor mofified Mustang that never was a Shelby licensed product.

It was Chip Foose that made the cars. What was the myth? The car is a character in a fictional movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Secondo said:

It was Chip Foose that made the cars. What was the myth? The car is a character in a fictional movie.

Wouldn't the myth be that this fictional movie car is claimed to be a "Shelby GT500" ?

Thats what the author claims when he states "...... it was this custom 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 famously known as 'Eleanor'"

Along with "How The World’s Most Famous Shelby GT500 Was Born" as the title for his article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Wouldn't the myth be that this fictional movie car is claimed to be a "Shelby GT500" ?

Thats what the author claims when he states "...... it was this custom 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 famously known as 'Eleanor'"

Along with "How The World’s Most Famous Shelby GT500 Was Born" as the title for his article.

Yep, that's the Myth, some people actually think it is a REAL 1967 Shelby Mustang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the cars in the movie were actually Shelbys, Foose designed the Eleanaor and then Ray Claridg's Cinema Vehicle Services(CVS) fabricated all of the movie cars from 67 and 68 mustang fastbacks based off Fooses original design.

Denise Halicki is already offering officially licensed “Eleanors” built off Mustang/Dynacorns through fusion Motor Company at a price point of about $230k.

Lets hope there is a much bigger myth……… that there are actually people dumb enough to take a perfectly good Shelby GT500 and “converting ” it to an Eleanor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

That may soon change in a couple of Years.  I have been toying with the Idea for a few Years now) of taking actual 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustangs and converting them into Eleanor's.  I have been planning on doing 25 total and it is starting to pick up a little steam with a few people wanting to invest in my project.

A couple of years could see you very broke.  Prepare for the law suit. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAI-Steven said:

Wouldn't the myth be that this fictional movie car is claimed to be a "Shelby GT500" ?

Thats what the author claims when he states "...... it was this custom 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 famously known as 'Eleanor'"

Along with "How The World’s Most Famous Shelby GT500 Was Born" as the title for his article.

Those are the facts, not myth, in the fictional movie. The problem here is some people are thinking that a fictional movie character is real.

I think the OP feelings are hurt that the movie replica cars are bringing more money than real ones- due to the exciting driving scenes in the movie. (Too bad the Need For Speed movie "Shelby" was fictional, too.)

Edited by Secondo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

A couple of years could see you very broke.  Prepare for the law suit. 

What Law Suite, I will not need to use the name Eleanor and it will NOT be placed on the Cars.  I CAN how ever use the term "Eleanor Style" as in "A REAL 1967 Shelby GT 500 with Eleanor style".

Edited by tesgt350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Those are the facts, not myth, in the fictional movie. The problem here is some people are thinking that a fictional movie character is real.

I think the OP feelings are hurt that the movie replica cars are bringing more money than real ones- due to the exciting driving scenes in the movie. (Too bad the Need For Speed movie "Shelby" was fictional, too.)

Yeah, and I believe the JUMP in Need For Speed was real REAL and the Jump in Gone In 60 Seconds (Cage Version) was Computer Generated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

None of the cars in the movie were actually Shelbys, Foose designed the Eleanaor and then Ray Claridg's Cinema Vehicle Services(CVS) fabricated all of the movie cars from 67 and 68 mustang fastbacks based off Fooses original design.

Denise Halicki is already offering officially licensed “Eleanors” built off Mustang/Dynacorns through fusion Motor Company at a price point of about $230k.

Lets hope there is a much bigger myth……… that there are actually people dumb enough to take a perfectly good Shelby GT500 and “converting ” it to an Eleanor.

NOPE, Not a Myth and NOT Dumb either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

NOPE, Not a Myth and NOT Dumb either. 

Good Luck with that......maybe you can also convince people to put VW Beetle bodies on perfectly good Porshe 911's while you're at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

Good Luck with that......maybe you can also convince people to put VW Beetle bodies on perfectly good Porshe 911's while you're at it.

NO, I will leave that to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

Good Luck with that......maybe you can also convince people to put VW Beetle bodies on perfectly good Porshe 911's while you're at it.

True.  Remember that people considered the MIGI (MG fab body on a VW bug chassis) was close enough to be an MG. roadster.

 

Just because some script writers call a fictious car a certain model does not make it real.  If I recall correctly, in the movie, Eleanor is only noted as a Shleby GT500 on the chalk board, but refered to in the dialog as it is being investigaed and chased as a 67 Mustang.  As far as a movie car, I find it interesting, much like the Batmobiles and other legendary movie cars.  But I tire of those who refer to the movie car and any reproduction of it as a licensed Shelby production vehicle. That is a false considerration.  Of course calling it a Halecki Eleanor does not have the same appeal as calling it a Shelby.

Edited by 66GT350PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 66GT350PS said:

True.  Remember that people considered the MIGI (MG fab body on a VW bug chassis) was close enough to be an MG. roadster.

 

Just because some script writers call a fictious car a certain model does not make it real.  If I recall correctly, in the movie, Eleanor is only noted as a Shleby GT500 on the chalk board, but refered to in the dialog as it is being investigaed and chased as a 67 Mustang.  As far as a movie car, I find it interesting, much like the Batmobiles and other legendary movie cars.  But I tire of those who refer to the movie car and any reproduction of it as a licensed Shelby production vehicle. That is a false considerration.  Of course calling it a Halecki Eleanor does not have the same appeal as calling it a Shelby.

Keep in mind that Carroll Shelby Licensing did actually license them to be built for a short time.  Not sure how many were built, maybe Steve can fill in that blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

That may soon change in a couple of Years.  I have been toying with the Idea for a few Years now) of taking actual 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustangs and converting them into Eleanor's.  I have been planning on doing 25 total and it is starting to pick up a little steam with a few people wanting to invest in my project.

:doh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Keep in mind that Carroll Shelby Licensing did actually license them to be built for a short time.  Not sure how many were built, maybe Steve can fill in that blank.

He tried and lost the subsequent  lawsuit.  None of the produced cars from Unique Performance that CS tried to license and certify after U.P. was shut down for title washing and other illegal work, are legally Shelby Licensing vehicles.  

Some info:  http://67mustangblog.com/2008/11/denice-halicki-wins-dispute-with-carroll-shelby-over-eleanor-name/

I consider the car  it a nice studio design that should have the GT500 stripes and and all Shelby logos removed and displayed as just an "Eleanor" named modified Mustang.  😎

 

Edited by 66GT350PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

He tried and lost the subsequent  lawsuit.  None of the produced cars from Unique Performance that CS tried to license and certify after U.P. was shut down for title washing and other illegal work, are legally Shelby Licensing vehicles.  

Some info:  http://67mustangblog.com/2008/11/denice-halicki-wins-dispute-with-carroll-shelby-over-eleanor-name/

I consider the car  it a nice studio design that should have the GT500 stripes and and all Shelby logos removed and displayed as just an "Eleanor" named modified Mustang.  😎

 

Also, if I recall correctly, those 'Eleanor" GT500E cars and other " Continuation Cars" from Unique were being built from 1967 and 1968 Mustangs, not Shelby GT500's. The "Eleanors" being built by Fusion under License from Denise Halicki just have a plain rocker stripe and do not say Shelby anywhere on the vehicle nor is Shelby referred to in their marketing material.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that is correct.

Edited by 66GT350PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Info here on the Fusion "Eleanor" cars:

https://www.fusionmotorco.com/eleanor-legacy

Right- no "Shelby" or "GT500" badges anywhere but instead has "Eleanor Gone In 60 Seconds" badges on fenders and "427 Eleanor- Powered By Roush" on valve covers. 

 

So, did Jerry Bruckheimer, Disney and Denice Halicki get sued because they used the Shelby name on the movie car??

 

 

fusion-timeline-stang-0425548c1e3e03712c72cd8cca95bc39.jpg

Edited by Secondo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the promotional pieces and and model cars that I have seen call it the "Gone In 60 Seconds" Eleanor Mustang.  No designation as a "Shelby" as that would require probably CS Licensing aproval and they did not have authorization.  The Shelby association, like I said is only listed once in the movie, has been perpetuated by movie fans and early kit builders.  The Halicki Ealanor does not even use the GT500 side stripes because that is also under CS License.  I do not know if there is a GT500E license agreement some where.

 

Anyway, the Shelby association is a perpetuated myth, ironically like the unicorn term used in the movie.  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...