Sign in to follow this  
johnpeter

REPLICA 1966 Shelby Cobra by Street Beast

It would be more accurate to use the word "replica" in the title.  I am amazed that the added lights do not cause major heating problems in Arizona.😎

Added Replica and Street Beast to the thread title.

OP if you are going to continue posting kit car for sale links please use the word Replica in the posts title. It is very misleading to title your post "1966 Shelby Cobra" when the vehicle you are promoting is not an authentic Shelby Cobra nor was he kit car from 1966.

Thank you for your cooperation.

It be great if  those posting replica Cobras and Shelby Mustangs on eBay, Craigslist and other similar sites, used the Replica term in the tiltles there.😎

20 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

It be great if  those posting replica Cobras and Shelby Mustangs on eBay, Craigslist and other similar sites, used the Replica term in the tiltles there.😎

That's just assumed.  A real Cobra isn't going to be put on eBay for sale, it's going to an auction.

12 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

That's just assumed.  A real Cobra isn't going to be put on eBay for sale, it's going to an auction.

I am actually amazed on some Cobras that are SA production models that are on eBay auctions:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby-Cobra-CSX4131-Continuation/133143210060?hash=item1efff4284c:g:etcAAOSwqYJdG9V0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Shelby-Cobra/383138469155?hash=item5934d51523:g:O~cAAOSwP41dSd6s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby-Cobra-CSX/163850857868?hash=item262645ad8c:g:qAwAAOSwoaBdcskJ

Those people are nuts, why aren't they taking those to an auction.  Take it to Mecum and put a reserve on it.

34 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Those people are nuts, why aren't they taking those to an auction.  Take it to Mecum and put a reserve on it.

Total cost to sell a $100k Cobra on eBay is $50 to $125

Cost to sell same Cobra at auction house,  over $10,000

Saving $10,000 in selling fee's is probably why.

And a seller won't even have to pay the $50 to $125 if they make the sale off of ebay.

No extra fee for selling at a reserve price on eBay either.

21 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Total cost to sell a $100k Cobra on eBay is $50 to $125

Cost to sell same Cobra at auction house,  over $10,000

Saving $10,000 in selling fee's is probably why.

And a seller won't even have to pay the $50 to $125 if they make the sale off of ebay.

But there's gonna way more hassles on eBay with crooks and stuff.  eBay is great for selling trinkets, but I just can't see buying a collectible car, or any car, from eBay.

46 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

But there's gonna way more hassles on eBay with crooks and stuff.  eBay is great for selling trinkets, but I just can't see buying a collectible car, or any car, from eBay.

No hassles at all if you sell the car direct. Ebay lets sellers of vehicles post both their phone number and email address in the eBay description so all you have to do is tell the potential buyer that you want to meet in person and for them to pay by cash or verifiable certified funds.

As a buyer you would follow the same guidelines. Tell the seller that you want to meet in person and for them to have the title in hand.

Steven

23 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

No hassles at all if you sell the car direct. Ebay lets sellers of vehicles post both their phone number and email address in the eBay description so all you have to do is tell the potential buyer that you want to meet in person and for them to pay by cash or verifiable certified funds.

As a buyer you would follow the same guidelines. Tell the seller that you want to meet in person and for them to have the title in hand.

Steven

I don't have that much trust in random people anymore.  All the crooks and scams have ruined it.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

All the crooks and scams have ruined it.

There are some who would say that applies to auction houses also..........................

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

There are some who would say that applies to auction houses also..........................

:thumbsup:

On 9/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, SAI-Steven said:

I don't have any dealings with them, so I wouldn't know, and I can't afford to find out.  They won't even let me in the building since I have no money.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this