Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We just bought our 2019 Shelby 350R about 4-5 months ago. About 4 weeks or so after we bought it, driving on freeway  the chin splitter just dropped  and partially broke off, dragging on the road! Ford would not pay because after inspecting, (I found many screws were not originally installed), they said, it looked like something hit it and caused it to break, which, is not correct as we didn’t crash into any object.  Now I have to replace it, and we all know how expensive it is for parts on these cars.  (Which is another reason we choose wisely when to to take it for a ride.).    Anyway, anybody else had this happen to them?  Is there a chin splitter of different material that’s not so breakable,?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Griselda Nunez said:

We just bought our 2019 Shelby 350R about 4-5 months ago. About 4 weeks or so after we bought it, driving on freeway  the chin splitter just dropped  and partially broke off, dragging on the road! Ford would not pay because after inspecting, (I found many screws were not originally installed), they said, it looked like something hit it and caused it to break, which, is not correct as we didn’t crash into any object.  Now I have to replace it, and we all know how expensive it is for parts on these cars.  (Which is another reason we choose wisely when to to take it for a ride.).    Anyway, anybody else had this happen to them?  Is there a chin splitter of different material that’s not so breakable,?

I highly doubt Ford Motor Company inspected the splitter but if I'm wrong who paid for your car to be shipped to Michigan for the Ford inspection?

More likely I'm guessing you meant to convey that a Ford dealership service department worker denied your warranty claim which if so is not an end all decision, just means you are going to need to put in some extra effort.

The splitter on your car was installed by the dealership who sold the car, did you return to the selling dealership? If so did you speak to the service department manager after the service writer denied your warranty claim?

If you did not speak to the service manager that would be your next step.If you did speak to the service manager with no resolution did you then go speak to the salesperson and the sales manager who sold you your 'R'?  If not then that is also a next step. If yes then did you speak to the dealership general manager or better yet the owner of the dealership?

If you spoke to the general manger or dealer owner with no resolution did you then ask for an appointment to be made with the Ford facrory rep for your area so that you, the Ford factory rep and a representative from the dealership can meet to discuss this situation in person.

If you have done all of the above with still no resolution have you called Ford's Shelby hotline at 800-368-3788 ?

Also have you spent time on the internet printing out owner complaint after owner complaint about these splitters being incorrectly installed by many dealerships? Managers, owners and factory reps are hoping that you are ill-prepared to push back on a service writers denial. Much harder for them to do when you come prepared.

As of right now you are the perfect customer for the service writer, a customer that just accepts the  warranty denial. Don't forget that a service writer wouldn't make anything on a warranty claim but certainly would make a few dollars on a retail/cash repair bill paid by the customer.

Best of luck on a resolution. The ball is in your court, you can accept it or push for a favorable resolution.

Steven

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many have had issues. Its a Dealer installed part and they are known not to install them correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:nonono: 

And some of you guys get your oil changes done on your specialty Shelbys at the dealer?! No wonder some of them are burning oil!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Secondo said:

:nonono: 

And some of you guys get your oil changes done on your specialty Shelbys at the dealer?! No wonder some of them are burning oil!

I am in the bay when they do it. I trained them. Sad, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your information was very helpful, and Yes, I meant the dealer. We took it in to the guy who sold it to us letting him know what happened, we also told them we noticed it was missing many screws , photos were taken of the broken splitter by a service tech and sent in  to Ford to whatever dept. handles approval or denial. Went home, waited for response, supervisor calls saying, NO, they didn't approve replacement. So we go to the dealer and asked why? We didn't hit anything, it just dropped and dragged. we got ALOT of resistance. Service manager came out, said NO, were not replacing it,  they denied it. We left home feeling hopeless.. We came back another day and talked to service dept. they lifted the car looked at splitter. She said, I'm not going to be able to send a photo of this, because I already know they are. going to say no, because it looked like it hit something causing it to break off, and no broken screw holes indicating splitter just "dropped". We haven't been back for a couple weeks now. Thank you again, I will try again and see who will listen to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Griselda Nunez said:

Your information was very helpful, and Yes, I meant the dealer. We took it in to the guy who sold it to us letting him know what happened, we also told them we noticed it was missing many screws , photos were taken of the broken splitter by a service tech and sent in  to Ford to whatever dept. handles approval or denial. Went home, waited for response, supervisor calls saying, NO, they didn't approve replacement. So we go to the dealer and asked why? We didn't hit anything, it just dropped and dragged. we got ALOT of resistance. Service manager came out, said NO, were not replacing it,  they denied it. We left home feeling hopeless.. We came back another day and talked to service dept. they lifted the car looked at splitter. She said, I'm not going to be able to send a photo of this, because I already know they are. going to say no, because it looked like it hit something causing it to break off, and no broken screw holes indicating splitter just "dropped". We haven't been back for a couple weeks now. Thank you again, I will try again and see who will listen to us.

You can always try another dealership BUT knowing that your 'R' was not a low dollar purchase I personally would be talking with your salesperson and/or sales manager.

The service writer is hoping that you just walk away or pay for the repair yourself. If you didn't hit anything with the splitter then stand your ground and follow the steps in my previous post.

Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 6:30 PM, svttim said:

I am in the bay when they do it. I trained them. Sad, yes

I'm in the bay also, my local dealer changes the oil in my 20017 GT500 and GT350.  They have been good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...