Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StallionRider

Tire recommendations

Recommended Posts

As the Fall and Winter approaches I need to know what tires are best for non summer driving? I know that my shelby came with Michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires which are summer tires,  I was looking up pilot sport 4S tires but they are also summer tires. So what tires are best for all seasons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 in order for us to help you, it would be helpful if you mentioned what year and what model Shelby you own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StallionRider said:

As the Fall and Winter approaches I need to know what tires are best for non summer driving? I know that my shelby came with Michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires which are summer tires,  I was looking up pilot sport 4S tires but they are also summer tires. So what tires are best for all seasons? 

Highly recommend Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. They are all season tires. The widest size they make is P295's so you may have to compromise a bit with the rears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Secondo said:

Highly recommend Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. They are all season tires. The widest size they make is P295's so you may have to compromise a bit with the rears.

Thank you for the recommendation. Front size of my shelby gt 350 is 295/35R19 and the back is 305/35R19. Will those P295s fit for the rear? When you say compromise are you saying they will fit but they wont be as wide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

 in order for us to help you, it would be helpful if you mentioned what year and what model Shelby you own.

oops. A shelby gt 350 2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StallionRider said:

Thank you for the recommendation. Front size of my shelby gt 350 is 295/35R19 and the back is 305/35R19. Will those P295s fit for the rear? When you say compromise are you saying they will fit but they wont be as wide?

That's what I'm saying but not sure if the rears will work. Continental makes a good all-season tire as well, see if they have a closer size but I remember they didn't for my Mustang. Another possibility is buying a set of wheels for street use, 1/2 inch narrower would hook you up with the Michelins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Secondo said:

That's what I'm saying but not sure if the rears will work. Continental makes a good all-season tire as well, see if they have a closer size but I remember they didn't for my Mustang. Another possibility is buying a set of wheels for street use, 1/2 inch narrower would hook you up with the Michelins. 

So i looked up the Pilot sport A/S 3+ that comes with 285/35 R 19. I cant seem to find them in 295. As for the rear i cant find a 305 but the widest that can be found closes is 325

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Secondo said:

That's what I'm saying but not sure if the rears will work. Continental makes a good all-season tire as well, see if they have a closer size but I remember they didn't for my Mustang. Another possibility is buying a set of wheels for street use, 1/2 inch narrower would hook you up with the Michelins. 

Get another set of wheels and have 2 sets one for summer and one for winter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...