Sign in to follow this  
SamK

I’m noticing a lot of hood flutter

I’m new here so I’m not sure if I start a new post or just put it here. 

Finally got a good day run yesterday On my 2019 GT350 and I’m noticing a lot of hood flutter on it around 70mph and up, or when trucks pass the other direction it lifts and flutters a lot. Sitting in the garage the hood looks perfectly aligned and sits great, but at speed i almost feel like that latch could give way and there goes my hood. Anyone have this issue, is it normal? Is there an adjustment that can or should be made? Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, SamK said:

I’m new here so I’m not sure if I start a new post or just put it here. 

Its always best to start a new thread if the topic is different than the current thread. This is so your new topic gets the attention it deserves. I've split your post off into a new topic for you. Lets hope some other GT350 owners chime in with their experience.

Steven

• Like 1

I have a 17MY and mine does the same thing. Kinda scary.

Some people have installed redline hood struts and say it helped. Also some people adjusted the rubber hood stops at the front of engine bay because they were not making positive contact with the hood. One cheap easy way to check clearance is to put a small gob of modeling clay or playdoh on the hood stop, gently close the hood completely, then raise the hood and see how much was “mashed”away . If you still have playdoh or clay thickness on top of the rubber then adjust the stop upwards slightly about 1/2 turn at the time and close hood, adjust until you get clay/playdoh mashed away in the top center of the rubber hood stop. Do so until the rubber makes positive contact and puts just a little bit of pressure against the hood when you close the hood completely.(Not so much that it raises the hood up above the fenders.) It may not totally stop the flapping but it should reduce it significantly. Some people use ink on top of the rubber piece to check for contact. Let us know if you get it resolved and how you did it.