Sign in to follow this  
winkyinc

Ford introduces the Edsel II

A pony badge on a The Mach-E SUV? Really? I don’t care how fast it goes, it just doesn’t go in my garage. Anyone remember the custom kit for a Ford Mustang Pickup Wagon someone offered? That sounded like a good idea and I’m sure they sold almost a handful. I’ll take a REAL e-Mustang for sure, built on a GT platform or better yet, a Shelby EGT conversion. 
but PLEEEEEESE, do not put the Mustang name on this D-CELL DISASTER. 
Look, it is a great car for Ford and I’m sure it could do well, but it is not in any way worthy of a Mustang tag.

While I like the name Mach-E for the car....just leave it at that, and not hang the iconic Mustang name on it...

Oh well, too late 

On 11/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Cali_KR said:

While I like the name Mach-E for the car....just leave it at that, and not hang the iconic Mustang name on it...

Oh well, too late 

+1

Or they could have called it the "Transformer", because it will be, while poking some fun at GM's movie star Camaro...

Just an friendly FYI, there was already an MACH E Forum Discussion generated before this one. Some support it, some don't.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:15 PM, SVT NAJA said:

+1

Or they could have called it the "Transformer", because it will be, while poking some fun at GM's movie star Camaro...

That is brilliant lol

Now that Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck, I think we can all say that is the next Edsel.  Too far out! Way to far. 

Tesla only has about 45,000 employees as of last year.  So if everyone ordered one, that's still about 3 times more orders than the Mach E got.

One question-

Can all those SUVs and pickups that are so popular do this?

And not pick up any dings in the body?

Tesla truck.jpg