Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Secondo

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition

Recommended Posts

"Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition celebrates 55 years of fast Mustangs

This tribute to Ken Miles' iconic race car can be yours for just $1,965"

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/19/2020-ford-gt350-heritage-edition/

Very cool to honor Ken Miles and GT350 heritage! Available on the R and non R models. 

Wish the article had more pictures of the car, especially the sides and how they fit the GT350 in the small fender area ahead of the door. I'll keep looking online. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's the way a Shelby GT350 should look.  Nice that they're bringing back the correct colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And by making it an option they don't create another "special edition" that dealers will order and put extra special over and above the ADM they already tack on to the GT350s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy the R version right now if they offered it with the 10r80 in it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, 39Mustang said:

I'd buy the R version right now if they offered it with the 10r80 in it!

I don't think Ford will do that.  However, I think Ford will put the Tremec DCT into the GT350..., eventually.  Putting a track-oriented transmission like the DCT into the GT350 just makes sense to me.  Other opinions may vary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Ford finally use Guardsman Blue again. Wish they would bring that color back into production for the Mustang, or at least Shelby models.

Anywho, i was kinda in the hunt for one of the 100 GT350s or 37 GT350Rs they made in 2015...This kinda interests me more....may have to check around local dealers to see if they can order one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Nice to see Ford finally use Guardsman Blue again. Wish they would bring that color back into production for the Mustang, or at least Shelby models.

Anywho, i was kinda in the hunt for one of the 100 GT350s or 37 GT350Rs they made in 2015...This kinda interests me more....may have to check around local dealers to see if they can order one

Guardsman Blue is only for the stripes and vinyl at that.  They have used Wimbledon White on special editions over the past few years.  I'd like to see both WW and GB come back for a year as production Mustang colors, even if it were limited to the GT500s.

Were GB and WW official Ford colors?  I recall that they were mixed in-house by Shelby and that color matching was problematic because the formula wasn't exactly controlled...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer that they get away from the problematic vinyl stripes and find a low cost way to produce painted stripe editions options or all Mustangs and Shelbys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Guardsman Blue is only for the stripes and vinyl at that.  They have used Wimbledon White on special editions over the past few years.  I'd like to see both WW and GB come back for a year as production Mustang colors, even if it were limited to the GT500s.

Were GB and WW official Ford colors?  I recall that they were mixed in-house by Shelby and that color matching was problematic because the formula wasn't exactly controlled...

I believe Guardsman Blue and Wimbledon White was official Ford Colors. Apparently the colors were available in these years

Wimbledon White: 1964-1971

Guardsman Blue: 1964-1965 (Maybe Shelby used the color again on 1966 GT350s?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Guardsman Blue is only for the stripes and vinyl at that.  They have used Wimbledon White on special editions over the past few years.  I'd like to see both WW and GB come back for a year as production Mustang colors, even if it were limited to the GT500s.

Were GB and WW official Ford colors?  I recall that they were mixed in-house by Shelby and that color matching was problematic because the formula wasn't exactly controlled...

PM mhr.... he’ll know. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

I believe Guardsman Blue and Wimbledon White was official Ford Colors. Apparently the colors were available in these years

Wimbledon White: 1964-1971

Guardsman Blue: 1964-1965 (Maybe Shelby used the color again on 1966 GT350s?)

Actually, GB was only available for the '64.5 Mustangs, but was used for the GT350 stripes.  I have a special fondness for GB.  And yeah, that's what color my '64.5 is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Actually, GB was only available for the '64.5 Mustangs, but was used for the GT350 stripes.  I have a special fondness for GB.  And yeah, that's what color my '64.5 is.

Then i guess Shelby used GB for 1966? There is an Original 1966 GT350 around my area and it is in Guardsman Blue. The car is owned by Chuck Cantwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Then i guess Shelby used GB for 1966? There is an Original 1966 GT350 around my area and it is in Guardsman Blue. The car is owned by Chuck Cantwell

Shelby American used Guardsman Blue on the Cobras and other cars they raced in that era.  The reason I asked if it was a Ford color is that if you get a bunch of Cobras together (as exist in the Shelby American Collection) and compare original era paints (most were repainted at some point ,but most not recently) then you see a wide variation in the color.  When asked I was told that they mixed the paint in the shop and that quality control wasn't their thing - they'd repaint a whole car so matching a body panel wasn't on the requirements list.    Seeing that Cantwell has a GB car doesn't surprise me, he probably painted it himself :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Then i guess Shelby used GB for 1966? There is an Original 1966 GT350 around my area and it is in Guardsman Blue. The car is owned by Chuck Cantwell

I know it was GB for the stripes in '65, and I'm guessing '66 as well, but I don't recall reading anything definitive about '66.  You'll have to ask Chuck if it is the original color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...