Sign in to follow this  
noac

07 GT/SC conversion Kenne Bell/Whipple choice

I have decided to send my car to Shelby in Las Vegas for a GT/SC conversion.  I was sold on doing the Whipple, but in the past few days started leaning toward the Kenne Bell because:

1) It produces less boost 8.5 in stock trim vs 10-11 for Whipple....I feel the Kenne Bell will be a little safer for the engine with less boost thus less power.  I am not one to seek huge Dyno numbers from a stock 4.6.

2) I like the fact that the Kenne Bell is about $1k less

3) I like the fact that the Kenne Bell says Shelby on it

Looking for people who have a Kenne Bell and if they are happy with it...what they like, don’t like etc..Seems like especially of late the Whipple is the charger of choice...

• Like 1

I had my polished KB 2.6L installed by Shelby in 2015 with the factory tune. Dynoed at 490 @ 9psi. I didn't want to push the 4.6. I'm happy with my choice.

• Like 1

I had a KB on my GT/SC and it was flawless. Very happy with it! It was polished, looked awesome, sat lower in the engine bay and sounded awesome!

49 minutes ago, nnadelizi said:

I had a KB on my GT/SC and it was flawless. Very happy with it! It was polished, looked awesome, sat lower in the engine bay and sounded awesome!

Glad to hear..I am getting the polished Kenne Bell...about the same power as the Whipple but with 2 pounds less boost.  Got to be kind to a stock bottom end.  I also like the fact that the Kenne Bell doesn’t look like a factory install like the Whipple.